pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

Originally Posted by Regal Black

sad that Marvin Gaye only won ONE Grammy his entire career and you got ppl these days winning 5-6 in a night.

marvin was that dude.

did you know Queen never won A grammy. Not one.

There is a long list of great acts that never won this joke.

which begs the question..who the hell are nominating and voting for these clowns these days? how is the process for this garbage? sales?
you know world is ending when chris brown wins best r&b album of the year for that trash pound of garbage album...

Originally Posted by xilegacy

Originally Posted by dalilboy

am i the only one who thinks adele is over rated? no hate but i just think her songs just got popular but she doesnt do it for me

I think the reason so many people like her besides her amazing voice is because she is so genuine and down to earth. If you ever seen her candid you'd know what I mean. In today's music world especially pop, hip-hop music you have so much gimmick and nonsense (lady gaga and Nicki Minaj are 2 great examples) you hardly ever get to see raw talent like hers on a mainstream level. She doesn't need the lights, fireworks, dancers and other props. Just give her a mic and a piano and she will blow away the audience. That is rare nowadays.

Also glad Bon Iver won tonight.
pimp.gif

So blue eyed soul ain't a gimmick

Originally Posted by roboski

How are u going to have a award show when only one person wins?

What was that like 6-7 Grammys in ONE NIGHT?!?!
Is this your first time watching the Grammys?

Was the Nicki Minaj performance really that bad?
laugh.gif

Reading the comments in here you'd think it was the worst performance in the history of music.

How was the Whitney Houston tribute?

Hopefully I can catch both on Youtube.

And I might have to give a listen to some of Adele's work see what all the hype is about.

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

Adele looks like she doesnt want to be there. stop giving her awards.
might make more sense to you if you caught the 60 minutes interview.

I don't understand the hate on Jennifer Hudson's performance. She's the only pop star out there who can channel Whitney with zero prep. Like someone said earlier, these performances are all worked out for months. They can't just throw together a full-blown tribute in 24 hours. I thought it was actually really good, and Jennifer was clearly affected by the ordeal. I watched both Adele and Jennifer, and thought Adele was painfully mediocre (as per usual) and Jennifer hit a home run, considering the circumstances.

Nicki performance. TRASH.

congrats to Justin Vernon. was stoked when he won best new...

tonight proved to me that the Foos might be the biggest/hottest band on the planet. you can't NOT like Dave Grohl, and they've got a good balance of mainstream popularity + fanbase from early Foos/Nirvana. Dave Grohl went from drummer of Nirvana to being the frontman of what might end up as a legendary band.

and i'm a HARDCORE Pearl Jam fan, but they just don't have/didn't want the sustained mainstream attention that the Foos have, Radiohead could've taken it to the next level with this album but failed IMO (doesn't change the fact i'm a huge fan), RHCP lost Frusciante etc...

kind of disappointed to not see 'Ye/Hov up there accepting the award.

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

The Negro Community frowns upon Nicki's shenanigans 
30t6p3b.gif

Speak for yourself. I'm glad she trolled the HELL (pun intended) out of the catholic church.
They deserve it.

Really happy Ye and Jay and B didn't show up.
I don't know if it was because of Kanye getting album of the year snub but i feel like that was reason for them not to show.  

The grammys are kind of a joke...didn't really enjoy them at all this year.  

Originally Posted by BrotherForReal

In L.A. so i just saw CB's "performance". They need to have rules on these sort of shows. If you can't sing LIVE, then you shouldn't be part of the show.

Before the stans come in and defend him...Usher had dance choreography and still managed to sing most of his performance live. Hell...even NSYNC sung LIVE.

How you want to be Michael and not put the work in?
MJ didn't always sing live.  The Motown "moonwalk" performance didn't have live singing.  His performance wasn't that good for other reasons, which didn't have to do with singing. 

Originally Posted by cguy610

In L.A. so i just saw CB's "performance". They need to have rules on these sort of shows. If you can't sing LIVE, then you shouldn't be part of the show.

Before the stans come in and defend him...Usher had dance choreography and still managed to sing most of his performance live. Hell...even NSYNC sung LIVE.

MJ didn't always sing live.  The Motown "moonwalk" performance didn't have live singing.  His performance wasn't that good for other reasons, which didn't have to do with singing. 
I came in here to ask if I was teh only person who thought CB performance was disappointing
30t6p3b.gif

Show was wack, only watched because I had nothing else to watch last night

Nicki Minaj is embarrassing, everything about her is just ridiculous now. I'd still hit but she needs to be choke slammed asap
Rihanna did not look good, I don't know what people see in her
Adele earned her awards, album is diamond AND DESERVES TO BE DIAMOND. Amazing voice
I understand they only had a day to prepare the Whitney tribute but it was weak. Hudson can sing but she was the wrong person
Disappointed in Bruno Mars' set and song choice. He performed the worst song on his album, good job.
Drake sounded very emotional introducing Nicki Minaj

Originally Posted by Cels The YoungGod

Originally Posted by cguy610

MJ didn't always sing live.� The Motown "moonwalk" performance didn't have live singing.� His performance wasn't that good for other reasons, which didn't have to do with singing.�
I came in here to ask if I was teh only person who thought CB performance was disappointing
30t6p3b.gif
I think the main reason it was disappointing was because when he's not doing a practiced routine, his dance leaves a lot to be desired.� Really, the bottom line is that he's just not that good of a dancer.� He goes from move to move to move without a groove or flow.� Like most of these singers/dancers.

For example, these people on Soul Train are dancing and are grooving to the music, and they are doing moves at the same time.

MJ, had that groove.� Watch 2:37- 2:47, the way he is moving.�
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom