Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Honestly though, if MKG falls to them at the 5 spot, that becomes one of my favorite young cores moving forward.  Cousins and MKG can be two of the three guys on a contender.  And if the team moves which is still likely it changes the whole situation.

Is it wrong that I still am on the Hassan Whiteside bandwagon as a potential starting 5 down the road?
laugh.gif
FREE HASSAN!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

REKE + DMC + MKG +TEH JIMMERZ + LIL ZEKE = Top 4 Squad in the west

SRS
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Because they think he can play 3 and are getting rid of Granger? *shrug*
And I would be completely OK with that, but George is a 3.  They really need some talent in that back court, and a back up center...Green would be a waste of a pick

Originally Posted by solarius49

And I would be completely OK with that, but George is a 3.  They really need some talent in that back court, and a back up center...Green would be a waste of a pick
You might not have nothing to worry about it because there is a strong chance Memphis takes Dray at 25. 

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Honestly though, if MKG falls to them at the 5 spot, that becomes one of my favorite young cores moving forward.  Cousins and MKG can be two of the three guys on a contender.  And if the team moves which is still likely it changes the whole situation.

Is it wrong that I still am on the Hassan Whiteside bandwagon as a potential starting 5 down the road?
laugh.gif
FREE HASSAN!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

REKE + DMC + MKG +TEH JIMMERZ + LIL ZEKE = Top 4 Squad in the west

SRS
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
it could be if you guys get a pass first pg, step your d and what about thorton

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

You might not have nothing to worry about it because there is a strong chance Memphis takes Dray at 25. 
I'm ok with that.  He is a hell of a player, and really won me over with his interview.  If Rudy Gay is on his way out, then Green could do some real good there.  And having ZBo help him with his post up game and footwork would do wonders

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

I'm ok with that.  He is a hell of a player, and really won me over with his interview.  If Rudy Gay is on his way out, then Green could do some real good there.  And having ZBo help him with his post up game and footwork would do wonders

I want him backing up Rudy. He gives us some versatility at that position. We've never really had anyone good enough at SF to give Rudy more time on the bench. I'm hoping if Green is selected, he will be that guy. 

^^^ you really hate Rudy? "more time on the bench"
roll.gif

Fat Damion James has got to get his butt on a treadmill, how are you 6'7 (with shoes) and categorized as "too slow to guard 4's"

Dion Waiters, 6-4 guard, Syracuse: "I'm a big fan. He's Dwyane Wade-@#@. I don't know if he's pure enough to be a two, but he's just a baller. And he definitely has a little toughness in him. The only drawback is he's a little small, but he's thick, and he's a surly guy. He'll be an East Coast version of Rodney Stuckey. I would take him over Jeremy Lamb five times a day."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/seth_davis/06/25/NBA-draft/index.html#ixzz1ywg8aZoV
YES.

pimp.gif

Tyler Zeller, 7-foot center, North Carolina: "Beast. I personally have him in the top seven. He's a 13- to 14-year NBA center. He can shoot, he's strong, he runs. Everybody complains they can never find a center. Well, here he is. There's absolutely no scenario where he's not going to succeed."
Exactly how I felt like for the past few months.  It's so obvious who he is but we are hearing Myers Leonard shoved down our throat repeatedly.

Also someone post that NBA player teammate pick?

I hope the Cavs go with MKG at 4. I think Barnes will make an instant splash in the league and put up some nice offensive numbers but ultimately MKG will win ya more games.  It says a lot about a player when at 18 years old his coach is calling him the glue of a national championship team.  The kid is a winner and I like what I'm hearing about his work ethic (His jumper will improve).

Is there any show or podcast or even radio show covering the draft that keeps it all the way real?
nerd.gif
I often feel these guys sugar coat things and don't go hard on the incoming player's weaknesses in comparison to their strengths. I'd prefer to hear more guys say "This guy should've stayed one more year", "He can't shoot at all and needs a lot of development in that area, etc.

I know Bilas keeps it real but he's not a lot and only when the actual draft goes down. I just feel all I've been hearing lately and for the past decade really is all the good things and not even balanced reporting or analysts of a player's value.

Im ok with Fab Melo, he def fills a huge need and keeps Amundson off the floor. I would rather have Oden as a FA, and English as the pick though

Originally Posted by SenatorJeffSmith

I hope the Cavs go with MKG at 4. I think Barnes will make an instant splash be trash in the league and put up some nice  awful offensive numbers but ultimately MKG will win ya more games.  It says a lot about a player when at 18 years old his coach is calling him the glue of a national championship team.  The kid is a winner and I like what I'm hearing about his work ethic (His jumper will improve).

fixed.

Fab Melo and Waiters will be two more busts. Just like every single player drafted from Syracuse since Melo.

So............................................

No one is gonna talk about that trade between Charlotte and Detroit?
Pistons trade Gordon to Bobcats for Maggette

Posted Jun 26 2012 9:00PM - Updated Jun 26 2012 11:04PM

DETROIT (AP) -- The Detroit Pistons traded guard Ben Gordon and a future first-round draft choice to the Charlotte Bobcats on Tuesday for swingman Corey Maggette, shedding about $15 million in salary.

Gordon averaged 12.5 points last season, including a 45-point outing at Denver in which he tied his own NBA record by making nine 3-pointers without a miss. The NBA's Sixth Man of the Year in 2005 with Chicago spent three disappointing seasons in Detroit, averaging 12.4 points.

By trading him with two years and about $25 million left on his contract, the Pistons saved $15 million, according to a person familiar with the deal who spoke on condition of anonymity because terms had not been announced.

Oh Okay.
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom