Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Defense is a translatable quality my dude. It's not like scoring.

I can't fathom why anyone would take Austin Rivers over Dion Waiters or Terrence Ross.

DoubleJs, you DO NOT want Ben Gordon's contract. Y'all are finally heading in the right direction. That'd be a horrible contract to bring on.

this... and i mean Drose and BG didnt exactly work out the best. so why would u want him next to wall?

as a straight 6th man role maybe get BG for that but he has looked like trash doing that with detroit

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Defense is a translatable quality my dude. It's not like scoring.

I can't fathom why anyone would take Austin Rivers over Dion Waiters or Terrence Ross.

DoubleJs, you DO NOT want Ben Gordon's contract. Y'all are finally heading in the right direction. That'd be a horrible contract to bring on.
BG's contract is up in 2 seasons.  IF it comes down to taking on his contract via trade (and dumping Blatche or Lewis), I'd be all for it.  Wizards have money, cap space, and a big hole at the 2-guard.  Gordon would be a good stop-gap until we find a servicable replacement somewhere down the road. 

or

hope that EG gets another 1st round pick and tries to get a guy like Doron Lamb. 

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by raw120

Buc Em wrote:

I would +%*$$$% throw things at the nearest TV if the Sixers selected Terrence Jones with the #15 pick. Rivers, Moultrie, Jeremy Lamb or Nicholson better be the pick if we stay at 15.
Why would you want Rivers on the Sixers?  (just wondering)

We have absolutely nobody that wants to shoot the ball most of the time, and Lou (the only guy who would shoot) is opting out of his contract. He'd fit in real nice with Jrue and Iguodala if we decide to keep Iggy. Doug Collins being a great friend of Doc Rivers would also tempt him I'm sure.

So you want him because he's a chuck?
laugh.gif
Much better off drafting Waiters or Ross. Rivers ceiling is Jamal Crawford.

Originally Posted by manamazing55

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Originally Posted by manamazing55

On another note, it is sometimes easier for kids who play hard, to play hard and tough when theyre winning, 

This is most certainly not true.
You're not qualified to make a statement of fact on an issue such as this

This is most certainly not true. 
Try again.

Yo how do teams/the league decide on what picks are top 3 or top 5 or top 10 protected? Is it during the trade negotiations or are these labels already on their possible picks based off their record?

Though I thought Austin should have returned to Duke, he is top 15 pick. For the people saying he should go late 1st-early 2nd, You're telling me 20-25+ guys are better than him? Lol.

Dude showed at Duke a number of times his potential is very high. Dudes his age/talent don't usually show the passion he has for the game like he did. Gonna be a good player. All-Star? Idk, maybe not. But I'll risk drafting him over guys like Terrence Ross, Moultrie, T. Jones.

Austin needs that left hand bad and also needs to work on his midrange game. He's an explosive athlete and is definitely going in the teens. The only guy mentioned in the recent posts i'd consider taking over him is Terrence Ross. Think Austin is more comparable to OJ Mayo as someone mentioned in the CBB thread

I wouldn't call Austin explosive? Good athlete? Sure, but tis not exactly like he was postering people left and right this year.

I'm high on Jeremy Lamb personally, just think his skill set is so solid already and I like his length.

Austin did not live up to the hype in his one year of Duke. But I've always gotten the sense that people let the douche personality, the name, and the school effect their opinions on him. There are not 30 people better than Austin Rivers in this draft.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I'm high on Jeremy Lamb personally, just think his skill set is so solid already and I like his length.
QFT. I think i'd take Lamb as my SG over Beal if i'm in need of a SG (wouldnt use a top 5 pick on him though). Lamb seems alot more NBA ready. 
Not sold on Drummond at all, he reminds me of a guy that people will say "he has so much potential" 5+ years into the league. (Similar to Anthony Randolph, Derrick Favors, etc)

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

QFT. I think i'd take Lamb as my SG over Beal if i'm in need of a SG (wouldnt use a top 5 pick on him though). Lamb seems alot more NBA ready. 
Not sold on Drummond at all, he reminds me of a guy that people will say "he has so much potential" 5+ years into the league. (Similar to Anthony Randolph, Derrick Favors, etc)
/\ Derrick Favors is 2 years in and was a big reason why Utah made the playoffs. 

I have a feeling the bobcats will trade down for the 6th and 11th pick of Portland.

Then they get Drummond and Lamb lol

Watched them play in person and Drummond runs the floor well.
Jeremy Lamb's game is smooth, his jumper is pretty.

Kemba Lamb and Drummond
pimp.gif

as a Duke fan, I want rivers to fall to somewhere where I dont have to hear from him again. Maybe minny or Detroit. That dude rubs me the absolute wrong way.

/\ Derrick Favors is 2 years in and was a big reason why Utah made the playoffs. 
now if Utah could only get rid of all the big they have stunting his and Enes grown
eek.gif

He's a very solid player, but he's not the next Tim Duncan like he was touted coming out of college. 
Austin Rivers = Lou Williams. Which is not a bad thing at all.

Originally Posted by Caerus

Though I thought Austin should have returned to Duke, he is top 15 pick. For the people saying he should go late 1st-early 2nd, You're telling me 20-25+ guys are better than him? Lol.

Dude showed at Duke a number of times his potential is very high. Dudes his age/talent don't usually show the passion he has for the game like he did. Gonna be a good player. All-Star? Idk, maybe not. But I'll risk drafting him over guys like Terrence Ross, Moultrie, T. Jones.

I mean, Terrence Jones is another tweener like Rivers, but just at the guard spot instead of SF/PF. Moultire, meh. I wouldn't take Rivers over Terrence Ross, though. He's definitely a first round pick, but taking him in the late lotto-early teens range is too high for my tastes.

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

as a Duke fan, I want rivers to fall to somewhere where I dont have to hear from him again. Maybe minny or Detroit. That dude rubs me the absolute wrong way.
austin-rivers-north-carolina.jpg

Any issues I had w/ him ended w/ that shot.

Cosign dreAnd regarding Austin and explosive i meant off the dribble and getting to the rim.Also if por offered 6+11 for the #2 id take it in a heartbeat

He's a very solid player, but he's not the next Tim Duncan like he was touted coming out of college. 
^ Who the f said that? 
laugh.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Let me say this, if I'm the Bobcats, I take a loooong look at Drummond, take him or trade down to get him, you suck, you will continue to suck none of the following picks Beal, MKG, T-Rob in that range project to be superstars. So you might as well gamble on Drummond. His upside is gigantic, he's like a 7 foot tall Amare. [/font]

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

austin-rivers-north-carolina.jpg

Any issues I had w/ him ended w/ that shot.
I'm sayin, after he pretty much won that game for Duke??

pimp.gif

...that shot was really a big deal? I mean it was just typical 3, at the right place at the right time. Outsiders only know him for that specific game.

Mark my words, Austin Rivers will be a bust. Trajan Langdon 2.0.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

...that shot was really a big deal? I mean it was just typical 3, at the right place at the right time. Outsiders only know him for that specific game.

Mark my words, Austin Rivers will be a bust. Trajan Langdon 2.0.

That shot ISN'T a big deal for a Duke fan?

Consider ur words, marked.

Back
Top Bottom