could be in play due to the Thunder's salary situation
following next season. GM Sam Presti already has
Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook on the books for
more than $29 million next season -- and both
Harden and Serge Ibaka will command huge
contracts after the 2012-13 campaign."

http://www.cbssports.com/...ooking-to-deal-no-2-pick

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

No way the Beard gets traded for #2..... or am I reading this wrong?
No I think you got it.....
Actually this would be a pretty solid trade for the Bobcats
nerd.gif

Who would OKC take??? another scorer in Beal??? Not Robinson since he'd be their 3rd big man?? MKG to be a glue all around kinda guy?????

Shooot, I'll even trade the #4 for Harden.

I hope OKC somehow snatches that #2 - they take Robinson - leaving MKG and/or Beal open for the #4.

smokin.gif

I wouldn't even remotely consider trading Harden for MGK/Robinson/Drummond.

Edit: Is there any clarification on Henson having an ankle injury during the combine? Some say yes, others are still slandering him because of his results... Not sure how you can hold vertical numbers against him if he was banged up. And again, him not running leads me to believe that he was because the dude can get down the floor.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

I wouldn't even remotely consider trading Harden for MGK/Robinson/Drummond.

if you know u cant sign harden and ibaka the best thing to do would get on top of things right now and trade one right? its the spurs way of doing things. and we know how sam pristt does things. the jeff green trade says everything we need to know about that.

can ibaka get u the number 2 pick in a trade? bimbo and him on defense?
sick.gif

But for another kid? I feel like Harden could get you a real good established player that still has plenty of life left, assuming whoever that team is knows they can extend him.

Harden getting another kid = rookie deal tho. 

Harden for even an established player, could mean expensive established player. 

When Durant and Russ and Ibaka deals start kickin in, that's over 40 mil just off them 3.  Adding an established guy is gonna be what, another 7-10 mil?  50 mil for 4 guys could get tough in OKC. 

Exactly.

It makes sense to move Harden for the pick than to trade him for an established player. What other player could OKC realistically get and not have to pay that player $8M+?

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

But for another kid? I feel like Harden could get you a real good established player that still has plenty of life left, assuming whoever that team is knows they can extend him.

not for a good price tho

im sure they could get josh smith,iggy,rudy gay,or eric gordon(just throwing out big names thats all the block that could help OKC) but you would be paying them $$$. might as well keep harden if your going to pay the money.

Or maybe management targets a player that's locked up to a below market value contract and top 14 pick.

doesnt make sense if harden is traded because its basically trading expiring draft contract for a new draft contract

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by PMatic

Or maybe management targets a player that's locked up to a below market value contract and top 14 pick.

like who tho?

Yeah who might that player (with a top 14 pick)  be? 
laugh.gif

My first thought was Rondo (below market) but I can't see Russ playin off him.  And why would Boston move Rondo for Harden anyways? 

Batum?  But he's going to want close to 10 per himself so that's no good. 
EG?  He won't be less than 10

I'm not seein a name that stands out to me. 

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

doesnt make sense if harden is traded because its basically trading expiring draft contract for a new draft contract

But they won't have to pay the 50-60 million they would have to pay Harden. It would be more-less 20-30 million...it's a smart move.

I guess I just wouldn't consider trading Harden, period. A top-15 player that isn't quite 23 years old going for just that pick? Nah. Way too important to that team in every facet of basketball.

Ibaka is more easily replaced.

Back
Top Bottom