Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

Wow, C'mon Cavs you have to make that move, we are going young here. I know Andy is a great Vet and plays hard, but he is old, has a horrible contract, and a lot of banged up miles on that body based off his play, should of made that deal. SMH

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by solarius49

Nene and Okafor would be the 2 best post players the Wiz have ever had lol

Let's pump the brakes

Yes, lets...

FinallyFamous wrote:

Nene ain't sitting on the bench for the wizards bro
You mean likes them games he didn't start towards the end of last year?
And I honestly don't think the Buzzards are quite finished when it comes to wheeling and dealing.

nene was hurt at the end of the year.  and i said nene and okafor wont start. i truly believe okafor will be coming off the bench at 5.

Nene was nursing an injury and that's why he came off the bench at the end of the year.

As of now...Nene/Okafor are the highest paid players. They're not coming off the bench.

As it gets closer to the draft, I can't help but think Memphis will take Teague at 25 (if he's there). I'm not sure how I feel about that, though.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Nene was nursing an injury and that's why he came off the bench at the end of the year.

As of now...Nene/Okafor are the highest paid players. They're not coming off the bench.

i see you watch a lot of wizards games. rashard was moved to the bench before missing the entire season with a "sore knee"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Originally Posted by PMatic

I really worry about the floor spacing if they start Okafor, Nene, Ariza and Wall. Assuming they draft Beal, he better be the shooter everybody advertises he is. Otherwise the Wizards could be real
sick.gif
on offense.

I think that's an awful deal for the Wiz. I guess if you see your ceiling as a midlevel team in the East you can stomach it, though.

Bro they've been the worst or second worst team in the East for three straight years......I think they're cool with being a 6-8 seed in the playoffs for a few years. I think the pieces on that team honestly fit perfectly. You have a point guard who can get to the lane with the best of them, a shooter to kick out to, a guy you can put on the LeBron's of the league, a scoring power forward and a defensive center. Then you gotta nice scorer off the bench in Crawford, defender in Singleton, glue guy in Vesely and a solid backup big man in Seraphin. They should have solid chemistry from the start....not many egos on that team.
I'll piggyback off of this and post what I had in the season thread:

This team is gong to be 10000x better than what we've previous trotted out on the floor during the Wall-era. 

People are complaining about cap space, but what good is having all that space/money if NO ONE WANTS TO COME TO YOUR CITY?  We have Ariza/Okafor on the books for the next two seasons.  Keep an eye on the summer of 2014.  Why?  If we can prove to be a 40-45+ win team in the next two seasons, DC will become a much more desirable FA destination when both of those deals expire. 

Short term, this is a good move.  No use in wasting more seasons with Wall and his development with a bunch of tools.  We're about to get much better in a short amount of time.  There's really nothing to dislike about this trade.  The more I think about it, the more I like it. 

We give EG a very hard time - and a lot of that is deserved.  However, he did the team right by this move. 

*I also think he's going to explore EVERY trade option to get rid of Blatche before using the amnesty clause. 

^i agree. i always tell people we cant spend bc no one wants the wizards money.

and every trade option has been explored for blatche last summer and all this year. nobody wants him.

Originally Posted by ryanbbn23

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

i see you watch a lot of wizards games. rashard was moved to the bench before missing the entire season with a "sore knee"
laugh.gif
And I'm guessing you think Rashard Lewis was here for any reason other than his contract being an asset. 

Wait, yall think Nene is going to play PF?
roll.gif

DoubleJs: I'd be SHOCKED if anybody is stupid enough to trade for Blatche with a terrible contract when there is a 99.9% chance he's going to get amnestied and be cheaper down the road.

Is playing with John Wall an attractive option for FAs? I'm on the fence about this, but I only have the Blatche/McGee/Shard era to compare it to
sick.gif

8.3apg 3.8TOpg
8.0apg 3.9TOpg
career .42 STL/TO ratio

i think players would love to play with wall, just not in dc.
laugh.gif

that speed he possesses to break down a defense is insane, it leaves so many people out of place and gets shooters wide open.

and i think its incredible he averaged 8+ assists in the blatche/mcgee/shard era
laugh.gif

as far as TOs, this counts as a john wall turnover.

6778125794_a56900211f_o_medium.gif

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Wait, yall think Nene is going to play PF?
roll.gif

DoubleJs: I'd be SHOCKED if anybody is stupid enough to trade for Blatche with a terrible contract when there is a 99.9% chance he's going to get amnestied and be cheaper down the road.

Is playing with John Wall an attractive option for FAs? I'm on the fence about this, but I only have the Blatche/McGee/Shard era to compare it to
sick.gif

8.3apg 3.8TOpg
8.0apg 3.9TOpg
career .42 STL/TO ratio
Still doesn't tell the complete story... His teammates REALLY make him look worse than he is..... and he looks pretty decent so that's saying a lot.
Wall averages 7.6 assists per game, with a season high of 15 against the Detroit Pistons on February 12.

He has a total of 118 and an average of 3.6 (rounding up) spot-up assist opportunities squandered by missed shots or turnovers.

He has a total of 40 and an average of 1.2 (rounding down) pick-and-roller assist opportunities squandered by missed shots or turnovers.

He has a total of 87 and an average of 2.6 (rounding down) transition assist opportunities squandered by missed shots or turnovers.

He has a total of 69 and an average of 2.1 (rounding up) assist opportunities of any other kind (non-ISO or post-up) opportunities squandered by missed shots or turnovers.

His season high of missed assist opportunities was against the Thunder, when he missed out of 17 additional possible assists. He's also had a game with 16, a game with 15 and a game with 14. He's had 15 instances of double-digit assists being squandered. Eleven of those games prior to Flip Saunders being fired.

On average, 43.9 percent of Wall's assist opportunities result in actual assists.

That means that Wall is averaging 9.7 missed assists per game this season. I don't know about you, but that seems pretty high. We're talking about 321 total plays where Wall could have had an assist if his teammate just hit the shot. Say Wall's teammates convert on just 100 of those 321 misses. That would take him from averaging 7.6 assists per game to averaging 10.7 assists per game. Only Steve Nash (10.9 assists per game) is posting a higher assist per game average than that.

Source: The John Wall Missed Assist Tracker

Another thing...if this team can go from one of the three worst in the NBA to "mid-level" team in the east in 2 years, I'm sure EVERY Wizards fan/player would take it. Again, in 2014, both Okafor and Ariza will most likely be gone. Shoot, both guys will probably be attractive trade chips in 2013. What we don't get via FA, COULD be had through a trade. I'm not sweating this loss of cap space at all. Like someone posted elsewhere...if you want a player through FA, they have to want to play for you....if you acquire a player via trade, they HAVE to play for you. Big difference. Hopefully, in 2 years players will want to come to DC. We're trying to get back to respectibility and this trade was a step in the right direction.

It's going to cost Ted more to amnesty him, that's why trading remains priority #1 with blatche.  But like you said, gotta find someone stupid enough to take him.  Bottom line, he won't suit up again in a Wizards uniform.  Trade or Amnesty.  That's it. 

Originally Posted by ryanbbn23

i think players would love to play with wall, just not in dc.
laugh.gif

that speed he possesses to break down a defense is insane, it leaves so many people out of place and gets shooters wide open.

and i think its incredible he averaged 8+ assists in the blatche/mcgee/shard era
laugh.gif

as far as TOs, this counts as a john wall turnover.

6778125794_a56900211f_o_medium.gif
Result of poor coaching and terrible decision making. You got a 5'10" (I'm being nice) Point Guard on you and you don't spin off for the oop?
30t6p3b.gif

^^
roll.gif

DIOR:
Nene knees might turn in to baby powder being matched up with the likes of Josh Smith and Amare etc.

Okafor was brought in to back up Nene imo... both of them will be out for extended periods of time hopefully for yall sake not at the same time

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

^^
roll.gif

DIOR:
Nene knees might turn in to baby powder being matched up with the likes of Josh Smith and Amare etc.

Okafor was brought in to back up Nene imo... both of them will be out for extended periods of time hopefully for yall sake not at the same time
Not sure how he'll respond to last year's injury but you making it seem like Nene is slow or something. In his first few years, he was extremely effective switching off on PnR's on smaller players. Again...assuming he returns to form from injury...he's an above average athlete. Dude ain't no stiff.
He's one of the quickest bigs laterally in the league. Miami was using Joel Anthony at times to defend Amare effectively but you think he's going to turn Nene's knees into mush? Doubt it.

Nene has been vocal in wanting to play PF for awhile. While I think he's overpaid/overrated, he's a quality starter. There aren't many bigs that combine skill, explosiveness and power like him.

wanting to and being able to are completely separate things...

back to the draft....

Who is going to be this years Kenneth Faried? Love that kid

Thomas Robinson reportedly outplayed Andre Drummond in Cleveland yesterday.
They'll have a re-match tomorrow in Charlotte.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Thomas Robinson reportedly outplayed Andre Drummond in Cleveland yesterday.
They'll have a re-match tomorrow in Charlotte.
T-Rob probably whispered some foul #%#@ in Dre head before the workout and had him shook from the jump.

"I'm $@@! the love of your life..."
laugh.gif

Steve Kyler@stevekylerNBAHearing Houston Rockets have a deal in the works to move Sam Dalembert and possibly the 16th pick5 minutes ago via TweetDeck15+ RetweetsMight as well.

If GS can land  Drummond, that's their new franchise player.....could be dangerous in the west in 1-2 years.

Back
Top Bottom