Official 2012 Oklahoma City Thunder Thread- Gm1 vs Dallas Mavs tonight. Beard cleared to play

http://www.nba.com/thunder

Record: 39-12, 1st in West

Next Game: vs Chicago Bulls, Sun. April 1, 1:00 PM
Current Starting Lineup:

PG.) Russell Westbrook, UCLA

Russell-Westbrook.jpg

SG.) Thabo Sefolosha, Switzerland

ThaboSefolosha415x266.jpg

SF.) Kevin Durant, Texas

kevin_durant_chair.jpg

PF.) Serge Ibaka, Congo

Serge+Ibaka+National+Basketball+Players+Association+dyGkDsDZ5R2l.jpg

C.) Kendrick Perkins, Clifton J. Odgen HS- Beaumont, TX

kendrick-perkins-295x300.jpg

Welcome to the Oklahoma City Thunder 2011-2012 Season Thread. The previous incarnation failed due to the administrator of the thread not being able to stay out of banned camp and he has since been permanently exiled from Niketalk activities so I will take over the responsibility. His efforts are greatly appreciated and his contribution to the movement will not be forgotten. This thread will be a hub of photos, news, videos, and other content related to the Oklahoma City Thunder.

5x4nid.jpg

http://www.nba.com/thunde...announcement_120302.html
Kevin Durant has been named the Western Conference Player of the Month for February. He averaged 29.1 pts and lead the Thunder to a 12-3 record over that 15 game stretch to include a career high 51 pts in an overtime win against the Nuggets. Click the spoiler below for the full story,
Durant Named NBA's Western Conference Player of the Month
Spoiler [+]
By NICK GALLO | Thunder Basketball Writer
Thunder forward Kevin Durant has earned the NBA's Western Conference Player of the Month award for February, a month in which he averaged 29.1 points per contest and eclipsed his career-high with a 51-point performance in an overtime victory over the Denver Nuggets.

More importantly, the Thunder went 12-3 during in February, and it was partially due to Durant's play on both the offensive and defensive ends of the court. Thunder Head Coach Scott Brooks has been impressed not only by Durant's scoring, but his progression as a player.

"It's talent that works," Brooks said. "He's not just a talent that steps on the court and good things happen. He earns everything that he gets and that's what I love about Kevin. He's a special kid on and off the floor, but he earns everything he gets, and he's getting better at getting the ball where he wants it."

Durant is averaging a career-high in rebounds (7.9), assists (3.4), blocks (1.17) and steals (1.36), a reflection of the dedication he has had on developing other facets of his game beyond just scoring. In addition, the Thunder's team defense has improved to become one of the better defensive teams in the league thanks to Durant and his teammates' commitment to core defensive principles. By communicating, rotating and working together, Durant is happy that he and his Thunder teammates can enjoy this Player of the Month award less

Thunder: Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook building a strong bond
Oklahoma City's super stars complement each other on the court and compliment each other off the court.
Spoiler [+]
BY DARNELL MAYBERRY, Staff Writer, [email protected] Comment on this article 3
Published: February 27, 2012

Serge Ibaka had just supplied the stop of the season, and yet Russell Westbrook was woofing at him like he had done something wrong.

But Westbrook was only trying to help.

As Ibaka secured the ball immediately after blocking Denver guard Arron Afflalo's shot last Sunday, Westbrook shouted to Ibaka to get the ball to Kevin Durant, pointing frantically to the Thunder's best foul shooter. By sinking two, Durant could extend the team's lead to six with 20 seconds remaining and help Oklahoma City survive an overtime thriller.

With just one, Durant would reach the 50-point plateau for the first time — and Westbrook knew it.

Much of the past month has been filled with similarly telling moments, in-game tidbits that have revealed the true relationship between Durant and Westbrook. Last weekend's NBA All-Star gala only helped to build that bond.

Sharing their second straight All-Star Game experience, the Thunder's dynamic duo spent the weekend praising and supporting each other. And if you've watched closely over the past month, you know it wasn't only for the worldwide audience looking in on the activities in Orlando, Fla.

At Friday's media day session, Durant and Westbrook unknowingly took turns lobbing compliments. They sat at opposite ends of the room. But when Durant was asked which player is the league's best in-game dunker, his response — after excluding L.A. Clippers forward Blake Griffin's dunks for being “not real

pimp.gif

Cant wait to see sefolosha back.. Not sure bout reggie in the playoffs as a back up, wish we could rent someone for the year unless maynor is back

im a knicks fan from day 1 but i mess with OKC....

i see them in the finals vs MIA in 7 games this june.......

Originally Posted by theblack Mamba

pimp.gif

Cant wait to see sefolosha back.. Not sure bout reggie in the playoffs as a back up, wish we could rent someone for the year unless maynor is back

That's what I'm talking about over on this Official Thunder Board I moderate, but they're not hearing it. Site is more about homer life than real basketball talk so I'm not surprised, but I'm not at all comfortable with Royal Ivey and Reggie Jackson. Jackson isn't even steady handling the ball here in the regular season, what the hell is he going to do under playoff pressure other than what they do most of the time now anyways and effectively move to the 2 and let James bring the ball up which now throws the whole offensive possession off kilter?

And Thabo's return is supposed to be middle of March. It just sucked for him to get injured because he was finally making open shots making teams pay for doubling off of him, especially the corner 3.

From Elias: “Kevin Durant ended February with an average of 29.1 points per game and Russell Westbrook averaged 26.3 points per game. Over the last 25 years, only two other pairs of teammates each played at least 15 games in one month while averaging at least 26 points per game: Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant did it twice (December 2000 and March 2003); and LeBron James and Dwyane Wade did it last March.

Damn, would've guessed there were a lot more OKC fans on NT.

One of my favorite teams in the league. Love to watch these dudes play.

Only problem is that they seem to play down to a teams level. They need to come out on all cylinders from opening possession and put bad teams away early.

seriously, I would have thought there was a team thread by now...wow
i, too, like watching them play 
nerd.gif

I've liked the Thunder since Westbrook's rookie season..he is one of my favorite players in the league..I know he's reckless at times, but I still effs with him..I also love Durant's game so it's tough for me not to root for them. They're easily my 2nd favorite NBA team behind the Knicks..I root for the Thunder against anyone besides the Knicks

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

nerd.gif

i thought their was one already lol

are their even any fans of the Thunder in here???
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by LA KB24

pr0phecy718 wrote:

nerd.gif

i thought their was one already lol

are their even any fans of the Thunder in here???
nerd.gif

It was but the guy who started it got banned, plus still wasn't but 3 kats in there. Me, him, and itsaboutthattime

Great game yall, was a close one. Great effort from Harden and Russ to pull it through for yall.

Whatever, it's still a regular season game. I didn't even bother going. I'm getting too fat to fit in the seats
laugh.gif
plus I knew I'd be sleepy getting off work. I'll be at Saturday's Bobcat game though, hosting an event in fact there

OKC is a problem.....

I think dallas is going to just try to make the playoffs and see what happens word to the 99 knicks.....

The mavs have lost so many close games this year.

If they get Dwill or howard i think you will see another parade next year.

Highlights and photos from tonight's win, and one second look at this from the ATL game

Best player in the league and he STILL is the first one in gym? scary

425131_10150594573518995_159957123994_9202527_219734061_n.jpg

420231_10150594915393995_159957123994_9204031_469383941_n.jpg

429533_10150594863118995_159957123994_9203799_1571304925_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom