Official 2012 US Open Thread ( Vol. Kimmy's Last Run)

Nico... nope. 2nd-tier at best IMO.  I wouldn't group him with Berd or Tsonga.  These 2 guys have legitimate shots at making slam-semis, but will need to player at their very-best to have any shot at beating the top-4.  It's doable, but a lot of things would have to fall into place.

LOL.

Fair enough. I was disappointed in Tsonga's effort at the U.S. Open, especially given the draw. Berdych will rue his missed golden opportunity at a Slam Final appearance.

So what does Nico have to do to ascend into the second-tier right behind the current top-4? I like his game honestly.

Nico's good on clay (as far as I could tell from my handful of matches I've seen him play), but not so much success on the other surfaces.  I think all his titles are on clay too.

He's in his late 20's too, so it's hard to see any sudden improvements to push him further.

I'm going through tennis withdrawal. Can't accept or fathom that there won't be another Slam until January of 2013. January 14th to January 27th.

I love playing the sport as well. Don't know if any of you guys are members at any clubs or just play recreation at local facilities. Hard to get a serious, competitive match around my way at times. Depends on the season and interest.

To be honest, I don't mind a bit of a break.  The US Open, with the time difference, really screwed my schedule over.  

But there's still the Asian-swing (Tokyo, Beijing, Shanghai Masters) as well as the Paris Masters, Davis Cup and of course the World Tour Finals!  And all of which are in a much more favorable time-zone for me! 
happy.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom