Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donaire v. Rigondeaux is a great matchup.  I like both fighters, but I think Nonito will win by late stoppage.  Donaire's straight right hand and left hook will connect at a high rate and fluster Guillermo.

As for this weekend, hopefully Lamont Peterson comes back strong and reclaims his position as a power player in the 140 lb division.  Holt is a big puncher with a lot of pop, but I think Peterson's relentlessness and high workrate will be enough to get a victory.  As long as he remains focused defensively and doesn't leave himself open for many power shots anyway. 

With regards to Smith v. Bundrage, I really like Ishe Smith.  I think he will find success if he puts pressure on K9 early with a steady jab and effective counter punching.  If he gets K9 to fight off of his back foot and throw punches while he's off rhythm, he has a good chance of winning.  I think this will be a close fight though, as K9 has a very aggressive offensive approach, as well as a powerful overhand right.

No joke. I called Peterson by TKO in round 9 on another forum. Now it's time to see Peterson get into some bigger fights.

I wouldn't mind seeing Peterson fight the winner of Garcia-Judah, Matthysse or rematch with Khan.  All of those fights would be a solid barometer to see where Lamont stands.

I def do not see Peterson-Khan 2.  Amir seemed pretty adamant about not fighting Peterson after the whole positive substance thing.  Garcia is no sure thing beating Judah either.  Zab's last outing against Vernon Paris was very impressive and actually showed signs of the old Zab Judah.  My guess would be Judah over Garcia which sets up Judah vs Peterson and then the rematch of Khan-Garcia.

It would still be good for Amir Khan to avenge that loss, as well as the KO loss to Danny Garcia; but like you said, Garcia vs. Judah isn't a sure thing.  Regardless of what Amir decides to do, there are plenty of quality fighters at 140 and a multitude of good fights that should be made in the near future.  I personally think Peterson will fight Matthysse this Summer, and the winner of that fight will face the winner of Garcia-Judah later this year.  Khan should have another two fights or so by 2014, and whoever ends up gaining control of the Junior Welterweight division, should be in the driver's seat for a showdown with Floyd Mayweather in September of next year.

David price just got knock the **** out
roll.gif

And ANOTHER UK hype job gets exposed...

By Tony Thompson, who's been smashed TWICE by Wlad.

laugh.gif

At the same time...
indifferent.gif
at Price & Mitchell getting knocked off. The HW division needs new blood badly.

Deontay Wilder looks promising.  6'7 with an 84" reach.  27-0-0 with 27 KO's.

It would still be good for Amir Khan to avenge that loss, as well as the KO loss to Danny Garcia; but like you said, Garcia vs. Judah isn't a sure thing.  Regardless of what Amir decides to do, there are plenty of quality fighters at 140 and a multitude of good fights that should be made in the near future.  I personally think Peterson will fight Matthysse this Summer, and the winner of that fight will face the winner of Garcia-Judah later this year.  Khan should have another two fights or so by 2014, and whoever ends up gaining control of the Junior Welterweight division, should be in the driver's seat for a showdown with Floyd Mayweather in September of next year.
Oh yeah for sure, tons of great potential matchups at 140.  I would love to see Khan avenge both losses.  I really like his skill set and speed but every time he stands in the middle of the ring and brawls I can't help but cringe thinking he is getting KO'D with that temper-pedic soft chin of his.  Thompson with the softest KO victory lol Price is a joke.

There was another guy, think his name was Jennings?
Bryant Jennings out of Philly.  He was impressive in his last fight, stopping Bowie Tupou in the 5th.  Jennings isn't as big as Wilder, as he only stands about 6'2, but he's 

16 (8)-0-0.  It should be interesting to see how they're brought along in the coming years.

There was another guy, think his name was Jennings?
Bryant Jennings out of Philly.  He was impressive in his last fight, stopping Bowie Tupou in the 5th.  Jennings isn't as big as Wilder, as he only stands about 6'2, but he's 
16 (8)-0-0.  It should be interesting to see how they're brought along in the coming years.

Yeah him, there were talks about him facing Seth Mitchell since Banks pulled out due to injury. I think he beats Mitchell fairly easily, but you never know especially in the Heavyweight division when one punch can be lights out.

Last edited:
Jennings has been the most impressive out of the group, all without promoter or olympic hype.

He's the heavyweight version of Danny Garcia, IMO...doesn't have any particular skill, but the guy wins...and does it impressively.

Rigondeaux is ducking the VADA Testing. he hasnt given his address or Phone contact to the officials.

there is no way to reach or get to him for testing...

Looking suspicious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom