Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rosado is a fool for that. You got something to say, say it right after the fight. Don't come out months later with accusations. Don't stand there after the fight and praise the guy. You only look like a sore loser complaining so long after the fight.
what are you talking about?

he's talking about rosado telling GGG's next opponent to check his gloves implying that he's cheating

Rosado a fool for that, why say GGG is "such a great fighter" then claim his gloves are loaded way after the fact? You got tissue skin blood, ain't a power punchers fault.

GGG should challenge him to a bare knuckles bout for that **** :lol:

Rosado is a fool for that. You got something to say, say it right after the fight. Don't come out months later with accusations. Don't stand there after the fight and praise the guy. You only look like a sore loser complaining so long after the fight.

You see that special HBO ran about GGG and after the rosado fight there was that shot of Rosado walking back to the locker room all bloody saying something like....he hits so hard idk what it is but all of his punches hurt....he is special.

So i guess i could see how Rosado doesn't believe GGG can be that strong/heavy handed and could have been cheating. I don't believe it just because of GGG's track record up to this point....dude is a stalker out there. I am super stoked to watch him fight Stevens. Hopefully Stevens can test his chin. Rosado hit him more then any opponent i had seen and he still walked through them.

Will Maidana be a good test for him? I like his power but I remember Khan hurting him to the body and Lopez had him in a little bit of trouble early. Really want to see how he takes that right from Maidana.

You see that special HBO ran about GGG and after the rosado fight there was that shot of Rosado walking back to the locker room all bloody saying something like....he hits so hard idk what it is but all of his punches hurt....he is special.

So i guess i could see how Rosado doesn't believe GGG can be that strong/heavy handed and could have been cheating. I don't believe it just because of GGG's track record up to this point....dude is a stalker out there. I am super stoked to watch him fight Stevens. Hopefully Stevens can test his chin. Rosado hit him more then any opponent i had seen and he still walked through them.

Oh no I definitely didn't see that. Even with that though, the fact that no one heard anything about it again until this week still irks me a bit. Usually a complaint like that is something you hear over and over again, you know?

Will Maidana be a good test for him? I like his power but I remember Khan hurting him to the body and Lopez had him in a little bit of trouble early. Really want to see how he takes that right from Maidana.

I could see this being similar to the Khan fight. I could see there being a round like the 10th as well when Maidana connects.

That stoppage, what a shame. Rosado can't catch a break. Judges already had a agenda planned anyway. Quillin didn't impress me much. I thought a few months ago GGG vs Quillin could be a good fight. Now I'm certain Quillin would get WORKED. Bhop took some pretty good power shots at the age of 48 but still managed to control the majority of the fight. Wilder fight was ridiculous lol. I don't believe Wilder has ever had a leg day at the gym, guy has toothpicks for legs smh.

War Showtime Stevens.

Guess I'm the only one rooting for him, and that's fine.

Nah, I am as well. Known about Stevens since his "Chin Checker" days here in NY. Good to see him rebuild his career after that foolish loss to Brinkley.

I don't know what it is, but I strongly believe GGG can't take a LEGIT power shot. He'll be there to be hit, like he was quite a bit by a Rosado who hadn't yet grown fully into a Middleweight.

In reference to Rosado, I'm curious...how did y'all score the fight? I watched it again earlier, I personally had it 6-3 or 5-4 Rosado at the time of stoppage. Tough break for him, especially after he got shafted against J'Leon Love. Dude has ZERO luck against Haymon fighters. He's built a fan base off these tough loses so I'm sure he'll get another shot. It's not impossible, Zab is on his 37th life right now...

No longer impressed by Quilin AT ALL. Personally think he gets starched by GGG, Stevens, AND Sergio.

I don't feel like GGG is the kind of dude to cheat blatantly like that. He seems far too humble, but that could be a good cover. Still, I like him way too much, and am rooting for him still. I don't care that he's garnering a lot of attention, good for him. Reminds me of early Pacquiao days. I don't have too many Kazakh friends that can ruin that for me, :lol: . I'm sketchy on how effective Stevens will be, because he's taken some GREAT shots from Rosado and others, but has still knocked out everyone put in front of him. I think he can take the best of anyone at the division. Except, he's probably the most powerful guy in the division.

I think Broner/Maidana is absolutely a great match-up. Maidana is a good enough boxer, and strong enough to really test Broner. If Broner dominates, I'm ready for him to see some real heavy competition. I'd like to see many exchanges between the two.

I sat down at watched the Provodnikov fight. Man, what a warrior that dude is. Talk about granite chin, good lord. Alvarado is no Lucas Matthyse, but he still can lay the hammer down on some guys, but Provodnikov laughed through his punches. Stalked him the entire fight. Loved it. He's a less talented, grittier GGG. :pimp:

:rofl: @

I'm still not very impressed by Kid Chocolate. He needs to give me a Danny Garcia in the Matthyse fight kind of performance. Leave no questions in my mind. With each of these Quillin fights recently, I feel like he's leaving more questions than answers.

I don't think Quillen-Rosado was really that close after rewatching it. It appeared close because Rosado got a good crowd reaction whenever he rallied and he was backing up Quillin. Quillin looked completely lost when he got hit in the face, but he always responded with punches.

Middleweight 12 rounds - Madison Square Garden Theater - New York, New York - HBO
Sat 11/2 701 Curtis Stevens +1000 o6½ +240
10:00PM 702 Gennady Golovkin -1500 u6½ -280

Lines just about doubled. :x

Middleweight 12 rounds - Madison Square Garden Theater - New York, New York - HBO
Sat 11/2 701 Curtis Stevens +1000 o6½ +240
10:00PM 702 Gennady Golovkin -1500 u6½ -280

Lines just about doubled. :x

stevens is that big of an underdog???? good lord

I completely agree with you JapanAir on the provodnikov comparison. He stalked alvarado all night and was undersized. Took some big shots and just kept coming...its hard to put up with that pressure for a whole fight. He does remind me of GGG in the fact that he pressures a lot but GGG obviously has the better boxing ability, quick hands, more precise accurate combinations. Both work the body really well. Alvarado was taking some insane body shots in that fight

:smh: After Broner's latest stunt...I'm done defending this dude. Being 23 and young can only take you so far...

Floyd was nowhere near THAT obnoxious at that age.

Leaked a video of himself and two females during a full on "session"

Claims he didn't leak it, but that's prob false.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom