Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't initially a fan but Desert Storm has earned my respect. Boy can box despite pillow hands. Will fight anybody.

Who else has wins over JMM, Manny, Provodnikov, Peterson, and Alexander the Great.

Wasn't initially a fan but Desert Storm has earned my respect. Boy can box despite pillow hands. Will fight anybody.

Who else has wins over JMM, Manny, Provodnikov, Peterson, and Alexander the Great.

I'm saying... he fought dumb against Provodnikov. But he showed heart and put on a good show. If he just outboxed him for 12 rounds, he wouldn't have drawn any attention and people will label him boring once again. The reason he gets hate is because people see him as the one who spoiled the possibility of Pacquiao vs Mayweather. I think he has more power than meets the eye though. He's a bad man...

Timmy completely disregarded Joel Diaz the opening two rounds against Provodnikov. Showed heart and chin despite the physical effects on his speech and balance. His intention was clear, to earn the American boxing public's respect and validate the controversial Manny decision.

I don't think Desert Storm won that fight, but it's a moot point and I won't take away from Bradley. He's pretty classy, diets well, takes care of his body, and shies away from no potential opponent.

The popular theory is a rematch with Ruslan or Manny. Wouldn't mind seeing him fight Bam Bam or Mikey.

This Marquez and pacquaio nonsense should be over. Pacquaio barely touched him that third fight and won a TERRIBLE decision. Then JMM knocked him out with a perfectly timed counter. No luck involved. PAC hasn't looked good in his last 4 fights so I hope he can bounce back.

Let's see what Grandpa Garcia has for Bam Bam. I assume Rios is going to come in and slug. It's his style, comfort zone.

Rios is going to lose he's getting knocked out he better think twice about coming head first because Manny still has speed/power but Rios will fight a dumb fight no defense or footwork trying to ko Manny.

I see Manny winning by 10th round KO.

Idiot...

His career has been in the toilet since he turned down that 1.5 million to fight Rios.

Should've signed with Floyd, at least he would've gotten TV dates.

All that talent being wasted...

Talk about a huge waste of talent :smh:

Les, along with that I always felt he got screwed with Arum letting JML/Gamboa marinate too long. Having that win over JML in his prime would have catapulted him a little more.

Mikey G vs Roman had great numbers, over 1M tuned it to watch that whooping.

nonito does have a broken cheek bone, will let it heal on its own

Last edited:
what are the number of subscribers hbo and Showtime each have?
cause hbo be pulling in some numbers.

Anyone giving Edwin Rodriguez a shot tomorrow?

More often than not I root for the underdog but so far he came in on the biggest fight of his life two pounds overweight.

Mikey G vs Roman had great numbers, over 1M tuned it to watch that whooping.

nonito does have a broken cheek bone, will let it heal on its own

That's pretty good numbers, but is a bit misleading since it's not just Mikey Garcia and Rocky Martinez, it was also Vic VS Nonito.

Not surprised that Nonito got his orbital bone broken, Vic was hitting him with some BOMBS.

at least nonito still has the chin and heart.

per dan rafael lol :
"Last Sat's HBO card drew good numbers. Via Nielsen: Andrade-Vanes 898k viewers,

Donaire-Vic 1.032M,

Garcia-Martinez 1.118M (peaked at 1.22M)
"

more ppl came on to watch the mex vs. pr Classic

per dan rafael lol :
"Last Sat's HBO card drew good numbers. Via Nielsen: Andrade-Vanes 898k viewers,

Donaire-Vic 1.032M,

"

People tuned in to watch Nonito vs. Vic... then just figured to watch another fight since they already paid. :lol:

aint no one checking for donaire anymore...

mikey garcia gots all the buzz since whooping the **** out of juanma

per dan rafael lol :

Donaire-Vic 1.032M,

"

People tuned in to watch Nonito vs. Vic... then just figured to watch another fight since they already paid. :lol:

It wasnt PPV and aint nobody paying for that bum Nonito

Hope this is a good fight, procrastinating on homework because of this
nerd.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom