Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alvardo was on dead legs
I'm not going to argue that, but wouldn't you agree Bradley was in the same if not worse condition during his fight 2 weeks ago (in two different rounds at that)? He was granted the opportunity to continue boxing, got through it, and maintained his unbeaten record because of it.
The kicker is it was the same exact ref.
But maybe he saw something we didn't tho (he's got the best view in the house)

:lol: i knew it. alvarado cant beat rios at rios' game. he had to run around and box in order to win. he can easily win the 3rd fight too. rios cant box

So I guess I'm the only one that wasn't enthused by this fight?

It was a good fight, but not nearly as good as the first. The first 3-4 rounds were superb, but after that it was a bit dry.

Alvarado just dominated with his movement. Rios just didn't know what to do.

I was a bit disappointed in Rios, was hoping he had a bit more in him.

I'd also love to see Matthyse, but I'll believe it when I see it.

this isnt the first time a guy with some boxing skill beat Rios tho. wasnt shocked.

Bruh, its time to make that Triple G/Sergio match.

I was just disappointed with Rios' performance after the second round. It's like he saw that Mike Alvarado was stronger than him, and he wasn't going to just stand there, and he didn't try and do anything about it.

I think GGG needs one more fight against a bigger name.

GGG V Sergio is about as good as it gets right now in that division. Where do they go after that, unless they can create a trilogy out of that.

I don't think GGG V Sergio would draw big PPV numbers.

Last edited:
Rios doesnt have a "Plan B" in him, he knows one way to fight.

Sergio isnt really a PPV draw no matter who he fights.

I just want to see the match up. Im so tired of hearing fighters and promoters worry about draws and such. if you put good fights together, ppl will tune in.

IMO, GGG is too much of a head hunter right now. He gotta vary his levels.

Im not too confident in Sergio being able to withstand his power.

afterwards, theres always canelo and Trout. shoot, 8 more lbs and there's Ward, Dirrell etc.

I always forget about the Junior Middles, :lol:

Other than Trout, I don't think there's a single guy in that division that could give GGG some problems.

I feel like 160 is perfect for GGG though. I don't think Canelo is cut out to be a good middleweight fighter. He's made his career thus far by being physically bigger than most of his opponents. That wouldn't happen with Gennady. At the same time, I think guys like Ward would tear GGG up.

Still, I wouldn't mind seeing GGG take a few more fights against guys like Pirog, Sturm, Quillin, or Geale.

Sergio isn't a big draw like Pac or Money is, but didn't JCC Jr.-Chavez do well? You think that was JCC Jr. living off his daddy's fame?

Yeah, that was JCC.

Sergio is a Boxing Fan's kinda guy.

JCCjr has a Cult following.

I think GGG dispatches those guys early. I would like to see him get rounds but would those guys even give him rounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom