Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GBP better step it up making garbage fights Malignaggi vs Mosley and Hopkins vs Cloud in the Barclay Center. Idk why would Showtime even buy this lol.

Excited finally boxing this weekend.

Showtime is Al Haymon's new ***** :lol:

Showtime is Al Haymon's new *****
laugh.gif
naw golden boy is in bed with showtime now.

C'mon ref, he let Ayala continue even though he was CLEARLY out on his feet. He took those last few punches for no reason at all, fight was already over. :smh:

Spent 20 minutes describing how good boxing is to some ppl in the room

Thanks for nothing what the ****

GGG had a great nights work. Impressive enough that casual fans will start to take notice. Looked human enough so that he won't be avoided by other fighters.

i was going to come in here and type how Mikey Garcia i the Floyd Mayweather of that family as in he put everything togther he learned from his family and been around the gym so much. he is legit

but i dont like how Robert Garcia asked for the fight to be stoppped like that.

i was going to come in here and type how Mikey Garcia i the Floyd Mayweather of that family as in he put everything togther he learned from his family and been around the gym so much. he is legit

but i dont like how Robert Garcia asked for the fight to be stoppped like that.

What's wrong with what he did? Broken nose is no joke.

- No mention of Pavlik retiring? Can't help but feel like he got in his own way. Dude was never the same after Hopkins...had he kept his head right, I honestly believe he'd still be running 160 Ibs today. NOBODY at the top of the middleweight class now would give 07-08 Ghost any problems.

- GGG looked impressive, but Sergio OR JCC Jr still aren't going anywhere NEAR him. All risk, no reward.

- What I don't get is how GGG was such a heavy favorite over Rosado? He's not a bad fighter by any means. Kinda like Danny Garcia, no ONE thing he does that stands out. Improved as a fighter since the last time he was on HBO against Angulo. Prob be best going back down to 154.

^GGG didnt impress me as much
back him down and it can be a problem for him
he seemed so lost when rosado would back him down but those uppercuts didnt do anything to GGG(imagine a fighter with a good jab would go along away versus GGG)

people fight with a broken nose all the time in boxing. you didnt see Robert Garcia already going to the ref and everyone before mikey even got in the corner asking for the fight to be stoppped? they let him take the cheap way out

people fight with a broken nose all the time in boxing. you didnt see Robert Garcia already going to the ref and everyone before mikey even got in the corner asking for the fight to be stoppped? they let him take the cheap way out

That's his family though. The broken nose was not caused by a punch, so you can't say he punked out. and In the back of his mind he kind of regrets not stopping Margarito when he was getting decimated by Pacquiao.

Last edited:

:stoneface:
broken nose might be one of the worst injuries to sustain while fighting
reason why BREATHING! a good hit to a broken nose can be very deadly

If I'm Mikey Garcia, there's nothing to gain by going back out there. The fight was in the bag, Salido was just throwing ravenous punches, and the headbutt was caused by an "accidental," headbutt. I say it like that, because it's not clear either way if it was or not. It wasn't totally innocent, I personally don't think.

That said, Mikey Garcia is so methodical, so technical, it's such a beauty to watch man. He's not a brawler, he's not a "fighter," per se, he's a boxer. If he goes back out there and fights with a broken nose, it's only going to be a weakness for him, and why fight handicapped? If he finishes the fight with the broken nose it's not going to bump up his stock that much. One bad punch can derail your career immensely. He don't want that.

GGG definitely didn't look as impressive as I've seen him. Maybe that's because Rosado brought more to the table than any of his other opponents, but I feel like Golovkin didn't have as much power tonight. Still enough to make Rosado pay attention, but not enough to really put him down. Then again, look at Rosado's face after the fight.

Rosado was a goddamn mess. It'd be harder to find what wasn't wrong with his face, than to find what was. Two cuts on his eye, busted nose, busted lip. During the later stages of some of those rounds, GGG's gloves were as gruesome as Rosado's face. :x

That said, GGG needs to tune up his defense. He seemed a bit sloppy tonight. In previous fights I watched him in, he seemed a bit more spry, a bit more attentive. He never really moves his head that well, but he still normally puts on a better defensive showing than he did tonight.

GGG V Geale next? :nerd:

Garcia V Gamboa could be fun too. Maybe Chris John/Ponce de Leon later in 2013?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom