OFFICIAL 2013 FANTASY FOOTBALL TALK

What should your strategy be with BYE weeks when drafting? I've never really put much stock into it but I wanna know how "the pros" build their team around BYE's
The only position I worry about the Bye on is QB. I make sure whoever I draft for a back up doesnt have the same BYE as my starter. Other than that I dont put much stock in Bye weeks

What should your strategy be with BYE weeks when drafting? I've never really put much stock into it but I wanna know how "the pros" build their team around BYE's
I Remember reading in the ESPN fantasy edition, that some people try to Get players with the same bye week, so they only sacrifice one week and have their best line-up the rest of the season.

The only position I worry about the Bye on is QB. I make sure whoever I draft for a back up doesnt have the same BYE as my starter. Other than that I dont put much stock in Bye weeks
Yea that's how I've gone about it.
I Remember reading in the ESPN fantasy edition, that some people try to Get players with the same bye week, so they only sacrifice one week and have their best line-up the rest of the season.
I've thought about doing this... I never wanna set myself up for failure though.

Late pass but do any of the regulars know if the main NiketalkS&T Yahoo league is going to happen this year? bigmike's league.

I've never even really noticed or cared too much tbh. It's worked for me too. Just stick to your plan of who you want to draft and when imo.

you generally draft depth at the wr and rb postions. production will fluctuate and injuries may arise. but you don't necessarily have to draft a back up qb, you could wait in to the season and pick up a hot qb ( picked up kaepernick last season) or base it on the weeks match up.

same goes for defenses

Last edited:
Brad Evans ‏@YahooNoise
Boston Herald reports Shane Vereen lining up everywhere - slot, outside, backfield. Reggie Bush of the AFC. 65-75 receptions possibility.

Yea that's how I've gone about it.
I've thought about doing this... I never wanna set myself up for failure though.

I wouldn't do that. Because lets say you start 3 WRs and they all have the same bye... when that week comes that means you need 3 backups that are WRs that don't share that same bye. That's a lot of roster spots to hold just for one week, and if you DON'T just hold them for one week, you might end up being trapped into dropping a good player that you don't want to drop/that somebody will pick up right away just in order to start somebody in one of those spots when it will only be for one week.

Last edited:
playing the danny woodhead role
have not made my mind up on woodhead. when mathews goes down ( not if but when )dont know if woodhead is built for every down back.  thats when they either run ronnie brown or sign a gut like turner. not thrilled with any of these options. think chargers are going to be real bad this year with rivers having some decent garbage yards. not a bad bye week qb.

have not made my mind up on woodhead. when mathews goes down ( not if but when )dont know if woodhead is built for every down back.  thats when they either run ronnie brown or sign a gut like turner. not thrilled with any of these options. think chargers are going to be real bad this year with rivers having some decent garbage yards. not a bad bye week qb.
not what i meant

idk why it didnt show the quote

i was referring to a previous post that shane vereen was lining up all over for the pats during workouts.seems like he might assume the woodhead role in the offense.

Last edited:
49ers sign austin collie.  my take : 

1- 49ers do not like what they see and are desperite.

2-brandon lloyd washed up 

3-brandon stokley....only place he would go is if denver had injury

4-shocked nobody picked up donald jones. this guy is tough and talented.  health must be the issue.

Back
Top Bottom