OFFICIAL 2013 FANTASY FOOTBALL TALK

time to cut golden tate? the way things are going I'm going to be at the bottom of the waiver list more likely than not so I need to make claims before guys breakout and I'm looking at andre ellington or maybe kendall wright if he slips to me. only other guy I would drop is vereen but I feel he could be big in the fantasy playoffs

Last edited:
time to cut golden tate? the way things are going I'm going to be at the bottom of the waiver list more likely than not so I need to make claims before guys breakout and I'm looking at andre ellington or maybe kendall wright if he slips to me. only other guy I would drop is vereen but I feel he could be big in the fantasy playoffs
Not this week. I have Tate in a couple of my leagues and this is the "Make it or break it" week. They play the Jags and they are horrible. I expect him to get an opportunity to shine since he's the number one WR option. Don't panic yet. 

Get rid of Vereen. That's a waste of a roster spot.

I picked up Dobson in a few leagues where I need receiver depth. Pats always mold players out of their receivers and Dobby is already getting targets. Gronk worries me none, because of the volume with which they throw.

Eddie Royal is worth a pickup in PPR, but I'm worried we missed his peak this year in standard formats.

No. They just played the 2nd best defense in football. Tate should get his opportunity starting this week and beyond.

QB: Matt Ryan, Sam Bradford

RB: Trent Richardson, Joique Bell, Ben-Jarvus Green-Ellis

WR: Calvin Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Kenbrell Thompkins, Tavon Austin

TE: Jason Witten, Jermaine Gresham

K: Phil Dawson, Robbie Gould

Defense: NYJ, Pitt

Please Help me I'm 0-2

Flip Matt Ryan. Bradford is having a big fantasy year and they'll continue to air it out all year. I would go for another RB.

What's waiver wire looking like on D? If KC is available snatch them up. They have some week teams mixed in there next few games. Miami is an under the radar D too in a lot of leagues.

Man, being 0-2 in a main money league sucks,

Yay or Nay: 

I give: Eledman and Donald Brown
I get: David Wilson

or

I give: Dez and Bernard Pierce
I get: Frank Gore, Mike Wallace, Gio Bernard

My Team: 
QB: Brady
RB: Doug Martin, Vereen*, Lacy*, Pierce, Donald Brown, Starks
WR: Dez, AJ, Sanders, Cecil, Edelman
TE: Gronk*, Daniels

Non PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex (RB,WR,TE) 

Obviously I'm HURTING at RB. I kinda didn't wanna let Dez go, but he's the only one that can get me help. 

Neither. Don't do a panic trade just for the sake of hoping to better your team. Pierce and Starks are great handcuffs that will get burn now and possibly for the long haul down the stretch. You do have trade bait with Dez and AJ though, but it's gotta be a even trade

My Team:

QB: Stafford
RB: Spiller, Alfred Morris, Steven Jackson
WR: Roddy White, Nicks, Tavon Austin, Cecil Shorts
TE: Gates, Julius Thomas, Jordan Cameron
DEF: Seattle

I got offered......

Cobb/Nelson + Ahmad Bradshaw for Morris + Gates

Yay or Nay?

I love the Cobb or Nelson offer, but not for the only "reliable" back you have. Ahmad Bradshaw is a good RB, but he's an injury concern and it's only week 2. You have a wealth of TE's though that you can package a deal.

Flip Matt Ryan. Bradford is having a big fantasy year and they'll continue to air it out all year. I would go for another RB.

What's waiver wire looking like on D? If KC is available snatch them up. They have some week teams mixed in there next few games. Miami is an under the radar D too in a lot of leagues.

I'm stuck with Matt Ryan, I'm in the yahoo league and he's on a "can't cut list" him and Richardson.

I picked up KC def though. Thx.

I'm stuck with Matt Ryan, I'm in the yahoo league and he's on a "can't cut list" him and Richardson.

I picked up KC def though. Thx.

Try and trade Bradford if you can. Only said Ryan because he is a more appealing name.

Only team in my league without a win 
mean.gif

The only good thing is I can get whoever I want off of waivers 

This is my first year in my history of playing fantasy football that I've ever started a season 0-2. And 2 of my teams are winless this year 0] :frown:

This is my first year in my history of playing fantasy football that I've ever started a season 0-2. And 2 of my teams are winless this year 0] :frown:

I know the feels man. 0-2 in 3 out of 4 teams and my projections had me winning all my games :smh:.

It's the year of inconsistent running back production, New England Patriots Fantasy Irrelevance, and the year of the Tight Ends.

Last edited:
^ Word man. In one of my leagues I lost by 7 points in week 1 after Sudfeld dropped a donut (I still would've beaten everyone else in the league but my opponent :smh:). In that same league in week 2 I lost by 0.7 points after Jared Cook, my D/ST, and K put up a combined -1 points :x :x :x

In my other 0-2 league, my starting RBs are Stevan Ridley and Eddie Lacy. Even though my WRs and Flex balled out (Megatron, AJ Green, Bowe, DeAndre Hopkins) you can tell how those weeks went :smh: :smh: :smh:.

Last edited:
Marlon Brown vs Texans

Or

Mike Williams vs Pats?

I put in Marlon Brown because I have Doug Martin in at RB already. Thoughts?

Ridley or Miller week 3

I'm really not liking how Ridley is being used in NE. And I don't have much confidence in Miller. And I'm very thin at RB smh

My RBs are...

CJ spiller
Ridley
Miller

And just got MJD in a trade.

Also trying to get Starks and Mendenhall off waivers.
Spiller at RB1.

I'd start Miller at RB2 by a slight edge. Ridley has looked poor the first two weeks. Fumbling in W1. Tampa is stout against the run, well-coached at least defensively by Schiano. The Bucs sold out against New Orleans, defense put their hearts on the line.

Miller got a tub against Indy, Atlanta's missing Spoon, their best LB.

Stafford vs WAS or Luck vs 49ers

Also pick 2
Steve Smith
Reggie Wayne
Eric Decker
Stafford. That Washington secondary is buns. Got torn apart by MV7 and Rodgers in consecutive weeks. Stafford is somewhere in between those two QB's.

Smitty has to start. Cam's best weapon, Prince recovering from a concussion. That NYG defense is vulnerable at the moment.

I would normally say Wayne easily, but the SF matchup gives pause. Their defense is physical and will get after Luck, especially Aldon. I think Niners blow out Colts and it turns into a shootout.

I'd consider Decker slightly, even though he hasn't shown out W1 or W2. The Oakland matchup should be exploited, and everyone will eat. Moreno, Peyton, Decker, Demaryius, J. Thomas, Welker.

Should I drop Joquin Bell for Knowshawn?
I'd keep Bell and still add Moreno for someone else. Bell gets goal line carries and receptions.

Lamar Miller or Reggie Wayne in the flex this week? 0.5 PPR, 1 point for 10 yards rush/rec.

Also, Dwayne Bowe is a must start this week right?
Wayne is more reliable. The veteran with proven track record. We don't know which Miller we'll get, the one from W1 or the one from W2.

Yes, Bowe should feast against Cary Williams and Boykin. Even if Fletcher was healthy at corner, Bowe can beat that matchup. He should get a receiving TD. Could get interesting if the game turns into a shootout Thursday night.

I see Eddie Royal in the FA list, I'm thinking about picking him up and dropping Thompkins. I don't wanna give up on Thompkins because the Pats are low on receivers and they're playing TB who has horrible defense. My only issue with Thompkins is his hands are trash.
Yes, drop Thompkins for Royal. Thompkins needs to re-earn owners' trust. His ADP was clearly inflated at this point. Drops, running the wrong routes. Brady doesn't trust him.

should i start Eric Decker or Anquan Boldin this week? my other 2 receivers are Megatron and Victor Cruz. PPR league. I started Decker in Week 1 when Boldin went off. So I switched it in Week 2, and Decker had a better week.
Boldin by a slight margin. Decker's matchup is tempting. Q was shutdown as I predicted in this thread repeatedly because of the Seattle matchup. Sherm and WT3 are tailor made for big, physical receivers. Not many corners or defensive backs can matchup with Q. Davis is the only other reliable target with Crabby out. Patton isn't ready, although talented.

My Team:

QB: Stafford
RB: Spiller, Alfred Morris, Steven Jackson
WR: Roddy White, Nicks, Tavon Austin, Cecil Shorts
TE: Gates, Julius Thomas, Jordan Cameron
DEF: Seattle

I got offered......

Cobb/Nelson + Ahmad Bradshaw for Morris + Gates

Yay or Nay?
I'd do it. You're thin at receiver with Roddy hurting and Cruz stealing the shine from Nicks. Shorts is suffering from a pathetic QB situation.

Gates is worth nothing to you behind Thomas and Cameron. Bradshaw becomes your interim RB2 until S-Jax returns to health. Cobb gets you receptions in PPR format. If it's standard, Jordy is a TD machine. You're getting two WR2 and a fringe RB2 with Ballard out for a RB1. More than fair with your needs.

Also, move Thomas while his stock is sky high. Cameron is legit and your starter the rest of the season.

Man, being 0-2 in a main money league sucks,

Yay or Nay: 

I give: Eledman and Donald Brown
I get: David Wilson

or

I give: Dez and Bernard Pierce
I get: Frank Gore, Mike Wallace, Gio Bernard

My Team: 
QB: Brady
RB: Doug Martin, Vereen*, Lacy*, Pierce, Donald Brown, Starks
WR: Dez, AJ, Sanders, Cecil, Edelman
TE: Gronk*, Daniels

Non PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex (RB,WR,TE) 

Obviously I'm HURTING at RB. I kinda didn't wanna let Dez go, but he's the only one that can get me help. 
First trade, yes. Buy low on Wilson. His pass pro looked better against Denver. Wilson might be your long-term RB2 behind Dougie. Vereen is out for a while and we don't know the effects of the Meriweather hit and concussion on Lacy.

I would do the second trade as well. Dezzy is a stud, but he has bonehead moments like the drop late in the fourth on a pitch and catch from Romo to sustain the drive. Had a monster first quarter then faded. Gore and Bernard are legit RB2's with major upside on Gio. Wallace is a perfectly fine WR2 behind AJ. Philbin heard his message loud and clear. Tanny got him the football.

Brady, Martin, Gore, AJ, Wallace, Gio, Daniels. Until Gronk is healthy. You lose your receiver depth but highly increase your RB potential.

QB: Matt Ryan, Sam Bradford

RB: Trent Richardson, Joique Bell, Ben-Jarvus Green-Ellis

WR: Calvin Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Kenbrell Thompkins, Tavon Austin

TE: Jason Witten, Jermaine Gresham

K: Phil Dawson, Robbie Gould

Defense: NYJ, Pitt

Please Help me I'm 0-2
I wouldn't hold two defenses or two kickers. Drop one of each for RB/WR depth.

Your biggest need is RB2. Law Firm's stock is plummeting with the emergence of Gio. Bell is a solid stopgap option, but you need to address the position through trade. A package of Bradford, Law Firm, Thompkins, Gresham (some combination, pick three) for MJD, Wilson, or Ridley. Buy low candidates.

Got offered Marshall for Antonio Brown and Fitzgerald?

I'm receiving Marshall
No, preseason I saw Fitz bouncing back with Carson at Q. He showed that W1 with two touchdowns. Once the hammy is cleared, he'll be back to normal. Best hands in the league. Housler, Floyd, and Roberts to relieve pressure. Antonio Brown more than makes up for the difference between Fitz and Marshall.

Seattle is a 20-point favorite. If Tate doesn't eat against Jacksonville, drop him with the quickness.

Should I start Cam or Bradford this week? Cam has been letting me down under Shulas offense -.-
Cam. NYG's defense is vulnerable. Smith and Olsen should eat. His running ability also a bonus compared to Sammy.

Bradford throwing on Mo, Carr, Church? With pressure from Ware, Spencer, Lee. Don't love it. Although St. Louis' weapons are dirty.

Marlon Brown vs Texans

Or

Mike Williams vs Pats?

I put in Marlon Brown because I have Doug Martin in at RB already. Thoughts?
Close. Mike Williams by a slight margin. If Bill game-plans around stopping Dougie and V-Jax, Williams will be the beneficiary. We all know Freeman sucks, but there's no reason BMW can't get one touchdown. Especially if Tampa is throwing chasing a double-digit deficit.

Trust your intuition on this one.

Back
Top Bottom