OFFICIAL 2013 FANTASY FOOTBALL TALK

That's a terrible *** trade. I'd rather have Jordy over Josh Gordon, and Doug Martin is one of the best RB's in the league and you're trading him for a quarterback that hasn't even been that good this year.

I declined after I posted it but Doug Martin hasn't really done anything fantasy wise so far. He has had one good game. I am looking long term and hoping he will be able to bounce back after the bi week.

Schiano is going to run him til his legs give out. Not sure how much I trust Glennon to get the ball down the field for Martin to get red zone rushes but he's definitely gonna have all the opportunity in the world to pick up a bunch of yardage. If you wanna trade him I'd atleast wait til after this week when he has a good game against Philly.

Schiano is going to run him til his legs give out. Not sure how much I trust Glennon to get the ball down the field for Martin to get red zone rushes but he's definitely gonna have all the opportunity in the world to pick up a bunch of yardage. If you wanna trade him I'd atleast wait til after this week when he has a good game against Philly.
whats your thought on vjax's value now with glennon at qb. im thinking this could be a buy low option for me. his owner in my league just lost julio, would you suggest i buy Vjax right now? 

I just really don't know how Glennon is gonna perform the rest of the year. They didn't look that great together his first start but V-Jax was clearly not able to go full speed with the rib injury. What would you have to give up to get him?

I just really don't know how Glennon is gonna perform the rest of the year. They didn't look that great together his first start but V-Jax was clearly not able to go full speed with the rib injury. What would you have to give up to get him?
ive got WR depth on my team. probably offer stevie johnson and thompkins. mind you this owner just lost julio 

So why would he give up V-Jax if he just lost Julio? :lol:

If all you gotta give up is Stevie and Thompkins then id do it.

So why would he give up V-Jax if he just lost Julio?
laugh.gif

If all you gotta give up is Stevie and Thompkins then id do it.
dude needs depth, 2 for 1...

Just traded Ryan Mathews for David Wilson in my keeper league.

Taking a big gamble on dude with all these neck issues, but in a keeper league the gamble might pay off.

Mathews wasn't doin crap anyways :smh:

Taking a big gamble on dude with all these neck issues, but in a keeper league the gamble might pay off.

Mathews wasn't doin crap anyways
mean.gif
i actually think you got the better end of the deal. 

yes wilson has this neck issue, but i think they are just being cautious with him. 

matthews on the other hand, has had various issues. most have just been unlucky injuries, but dude has been in the league longer than wilson and has not been consistent. not many have written off wilson as those who have written off matthews. i like matthews but he's losing touches every game

Mathews wasn't doin crap anyways :smh:
i actually think you got the better end of the deal. 
yes wilson has this neck issue, but i think they are just being cautious with him. 
matthews on the other hand, has had various issues. most have just been unlucky injuries, but dude has been in the league longer than wilson and has not been consistent. not many have written off wilson as those who have written off matthews. i like matthews but he's losing touches every game

Yessir. Appreciate your take on it!
I feel a little better about the deal now. It feels like I have nothing to lose because like you said Mathews loses more and more value every week. Even Ronnie Brown gets more goal line carries :smh:

Hoping you're right and they're just being cautious with his neck and he'll at least be back by week 10 after their bye for my playoff push. Even though he's underperformed by miles they have a CAKE schedule (for fantasy stats) weeks 10-13. So this deal could be great for me if I stay in playoff contention and don't fall in the standings too much.

Not to mention worst case scenario he's still a good keeper option for next season unlike Mathews :lol:

Yo what's the Raiders backfield looking like this week?

I see Jennings is practicing and so is McFadden?

I have all 3 dudes in that rotation, almost released jennings but I need to keep all parts until something solid shakes out...

Pick my flex:

Mike Williams vs PHI
or
Steve Smith @ MIN

Leaning towards Mike Williams cause CAM absolutely sucks right now.
Mike Will. got a feeling he gets a score this week
Is Alshon Jeffery worth an add? I would drop Edelman.

And would you drop Jennings for McGahee?

NON-PPR.
Yes to both. Jeff is a big time athlete, and will be getting good looks all season

and yes. McFadden might be back as soon as sunday
Miles Austin, Julian Edelman or Willis McGahee at the Flex?
McGahee for me. scared about what that passing game will look like for the pats this weekend. lots of guys coming back/getting healthy
Got a trade question, as I am HORRIBLE at making trades in this league. It's a dynasty league so I'm partial to every single one of my guys and hate to lose em. I need an outsiders blunt advice.

I need a TE, and one guy has Jimmy Graham and Jordan Cameron. Obviously I'm targeting Cameron. He sent this offer:

I GIVE:
Amendola
Fitz

I GET:
Jordan Cameron

I know I have the guys to make a counter offer and make this trade happen, I just can't see past my "i love my whole team" owners eyes. Any help on who I could counter with would be greatly greatly appreciated.

My team is
P. Rivers QB
R. Rice RB
J. Charles RB
L. Fitzgerald WR
D. Bryant WR
C. Fleener TE
D. Woodhead RB-WR-TE
D. Bailey K

Bench:
R. Wilson QB
S. Jackson RB
J. Jones WR (James, not Julio)
S. Johnson WR
D. Amendola WR
G. Jennings WR
imo, HELL no. in a dynasty league I would rather take a chance at finding a dude in the draft or something.

I actually really like fleener for this year. cameron is obviously better, but I wouldnt lose fitz AND something to get him
trade advice...

grab McFadden on the low right now, with Pryor getting experience, his rested hammy should do him good in three weeks... plus with the bye week owners may get desperate
i would. depends on what you have to give up tho. he's always gonna be an injury risk. and if pryor goes down again, thats horrible for DMC
Pick 1 please:

Reggie Wayne vs. SD
Josh Gordon vs. Det
Blackmon vs. Denver

I got Wayne and Gordon in right now... Dez is starting at WR1, I need a WR2 and Flex.

Also,

Bell vs. NYJ
MJD vs. Denver
FJack vs. Cincy

need 1
Gordon and Wayne. I think youve got it right.

and for the backs, I'd take a chance with Bell
Also, how long is David Wilson out for? Someone dropped him in my lg.. if he's not out for too long, would dropping Daryl Richardson for him be a good move?
There's rumblings that it could be like 3 weeks, and that they might consider IR at some point. regardless, I would drop d rich for him just for the upside of Wilson eventually getting healthy
Offered a trade

Give - Jordy Nelson and Doug Martin
Get - Josh Gordon and Colin K.

Points wise its an even trade but I am not really feeling it. This is a PPR league as well. My QB suck as this was an AP team but my gut says to decline only because of the potential for the end of the season.
lol. no. who is your qb tho? and how many teams in the league? at this point i would rather stream qbs than play kaep
I was just offered Megatron and Brady for Peyton Manning....thoughts?
imo, do it. brady is getting his guys back. and I would always like to have megatron haha
This dude just offered me Arian Foster, Gronk and Colston for McCoy and Demaryius.

I get a different offer for McCoy like every hour.
naw.... keep shady. he's beastin. unless you have like the worst TE in the league
Just got offered Brady, Megatron and Gronk for Manning and Martellus Bennett and I'm thinking ab biting
Similar to the guy I answered above, do it. Manning to brady is worth the jump up in points you're getting at WR and TE

Mathews wasn't doin crap anyways
mean.gif
Great move in a keeper. hopefully the cost to keep wilson isnt too bad tho. at this point, I would consider throwing both guys back next year based on their ADPs

Would you guys start Alex Smith vs Oakland over Stafford at Cleveland if Megatron doesn't play?

Pick 1 for the FLEX (non PPR)

alshon jeffery vs. NYG
justin blackmon vs. DEN
jason witten vs. WSH

Last edited:
team is going down in flames quick...

lost Julio.

playing the best squad in the league who is sitting at 5-0.

only qb i have on my roster is Stafford, really needing Megatron to play and have a decent game.

Need some help guys.

Pick 1 please

PPR:
1. Gordon or Jeffery. Dez at WR1
2. Sproles or LeVeon Bell (or I play Gronk in the flex (Cameron at TE1) and put Reggie Bush in over these 2) Shady at RB1

Pick 2, PPR
Gordon, Hilton, Thompkins, Allen (Lost Julio in this league :smh: )

Last thing. Is it safe to bench Megatron this week with his knee injury and going up against Haden?

In that case pick 2, no PPR, Dez at WR1.
1 WR and 1 Flex: Welker, B. Marshall, Thompkins, Cecil, Sproles
Also have Cutler and Brady playing this week over Dalton.

whats the deal with Lance Moore?

will he contribute to this Saints offense when he becomes 100%

never really followed the saints!

what are your guys thoughts on Cecil shorts? especially with Blackmon back.

i threw out an offer of stevie johnson for cecil, owner countered and asked for steve smith. 

I researched a bit on cecil and dude is leading the league in targets, mainly cause he was the only throwing option before blackmon arrived. 

The team is going up against denver and will have to throw all game. I still think cecil will get plenty of looks because teams will choose to cover blackmon. 

I havent watched much jags games or know anything about cecil's game, is he a slot guy, outside guy? 
thoughts??

Back
Top Bottom