Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
rondo stats might dip for a year or two but his toolset

is going to have him be productive for another 10 years word to john stockton 

injuries aside i see him being productive for a team after deron,paul,rose have all faded

into the career of a role player or retired

this dude played with a dislocated arm and a torn acl

he led the league in trible doubles even though missed half the season

....on a team that was appareantly so good they couldnt get to

the second round and almost got swept by da knicks

they really carrying him

Last edited:
So from Harden > Martin > ........... > Dorell Wright?

Wonder if OKC is planning to use Lamb more this season.
As of now, no choice. As much as I denigrate Kevin Martin, he did shoot 42% from 3 (in the regular season), 45 from the field, top 5 in ft on a 13%draw rate and 15ppg. That's a lot to ask from a sophomore who didn't play as a rookie. Wright would be an awesome addition, can play 2-3 and in some small ball lineups, defend, is athletic, and can score with the 2nd unit but from what I hear the Thunder are offering him 1 or 2 yr deals at like 1.5 mil. I would imagine he can get better offers than that and he already has a title and is in his 20s stil so no need to be on ******** to a championship mode.

We're going to just wait til the smoke settles and sign whatever bargain basement dudes don't get signed, probably liek a Randy Foye or somebody for the vet minimum
:x :x :x :smh: :smh: :smh:

Rondo is everything you would want in a poing guard.
Stats or no stats.
He just is.

I'd give up Pau and Nash to get him here... Easily. (not that the Celtics would care)

But I thought Rondo was garbage and the big 3 were totally carrying him? No way his scoring might increase.

It's not like all great PGs need to score either. The reason why guys like Russ and Rose both need to score more is because they can't create for their teammates at the rate Rondo can. Rondo was killing it this year before he got hurt.

Decent point guards can still fill it up when they have poor players around them. Ramon Sessions and Mo Williams used to drop DIME AFTER DIME in Milwaukee when that team sucked. The old Kidd-Nets sucked before Vince got there too.

He doesn't even need to score Chris Paul numbers. If he can get 15/12 he'll be just fine.

LOL.

He ain't averaging 12 assists...

Vasquez was putting up assist numbers last season on a team full of scrubs.... Rondo will not get has many assist.

Rondo is everything you would want in a poing guard.
Stats or no stats.
He just is.

I'd give up Pau and Nash to get him here... Easily. (not that the Celtics would care)

uhm...

except for like literally one of the most important things, 3 pt shooting.

Dude can't shoot for **** and he's still one of the best PGs in the league :smokin

Sag off him by 5 feet and he'll somehow still end up having a layup or assist :smokin

In my personal opinion Rondo effects the game all around more than anybody in the league not named LeBron. As far as overall effect of an outcome of a game and not just taking about points the guys that I'd say fill that role are Bron, Rondo, CP3, Harden and Westbrook. Rondo is an untradeable asset. When you have a guy like that you keep him. He's the ultimate building block. Every player in the league should want to play with him.

Reke for Vasquez and Lopez per Aileen Voisin twitter (SacBee Kings writer)
Sign and trade?
nerd.gif
ya

But I thought Rondo was garbage and the big 3 were totally carrying him? No way his scoring might increase.
Theres always truth in jest. You'll see.
LOL.

He ain't averaging 12 assists...
I mean, Nash was just about there in 2011 with a putrid roster as well. And Rondo is the one guy in the L today that can hand out dimes in volume like that, but okay.
Steve Nash and Rajon Rondo can not be compared. Nash doesn't dribble out 18 seconds of the shot clock before making a play with the ball and he made players look good; Amare, Channing Frye, Dudley, Diaw. Rondo is the inverse... Those guys made him look good. Most importantly Nash can shoot the ball which opens up passing lanes. 

Last edited:
I cant believe the Spurs brought back Manu and haven't tried to sign any other high tier free agent
Dont even get me started bro. So far our "efforts" to obtain FA's has been lackluster at best. When you were inches away from a title and you can clearly point the finger at two players that did not perform at a satisfactory level, you should be seeking to acquire pieces to either help them out when they struggle or flat our replace them. Its not like we're still not the best team in the West and wont be back in the finals again next year. You cant go back in there against Miami again with Ginobli and Splitter, especially Manu. Maybe Monta Ellis isnt the answer, but there were plenty of other players out there. 
^ if the spurs were smart they should have signed dunleavy. he would be a manu replacement on a cheap contract
I agreed with this, and the list goes on and on. I wouldnt even trip if we went after Iggy at this point, just do something. I cant handle another Manu Ginobli collapse 

I cant believe the Spurs brought back Manu and haven't tried to sign any other high tier free agent
Dont even get me started bro. So far our "efforts" to obtain FA's has been lackluster at best. When you were inches away from a title and you can clearly point the finger at two players that did not perform at a satisfactory level, you should be seeking to acquire pieces to either help them out when they struggle or flat our replace them. Its not like we're still not the best team in the West and wont be back in the finals again next year. You cant go back in there against Miami again with Ginobli and Splitter, especially Manu. Maybe Monta Ellis isnt the answer, but there were plenty of other players out there. 

^ if the spurs were smart they should have signed dunleavy. he would be a manu replacement on a cheap contract
I agreed with this, and the list goes on and on. I wouldnt even trip if we went after Iggy at this point, just do something. I cant handle another Manu Ginobli collapse 

I thought they were going to go after Jack or another young big?

So they say, but what have we heard? Next to nothing. Either this is the most discreet front office in the league or they arent doing anything at all right now. I just think that being proactive about this thing early on is best for the team. The longer they wait, the less opportunities they will have to get players. I'm not even that mad about the Splitter signing, he was a huge reason we made it to the finals and hopefully he learns from it but we desperately need another 2 guard that can handle the ball. I would love to see Jack there but hes going to be expensive, maybe Jeff Teague or something. 

In a perfect world I would want either Monta for cheap or Nate Robinson.

2 years 14 mill for Manu? I wanted less than that but I'll take it. 

Last edited:
The Spurs need another ball handler badly. There's too much pressure for Parker and Ginobili in particular to create along the perimeter. Atleast against the Heat anyways.

Last edited:

maybe their thinking is they were one freak collapse away from a title that if it aint broke dont fix it?

Man I really cannot fathom the stupidity that the Pelicans have shown this summer. They completely blew up their rebuilding job for Jrue Holiday and the biggest black hole cancer in the league that not one person on the Kings wanted to play with, Tyreke Evans. And in doing so they traded away a GREAT backup point guard and their starting center for Evans, along with giving him way more money than anybody else was willing to. Both these players were young and coming off their best seasons as a pro as well.

I almost guarantee that Eric Gordon will be heading to the Pacers for Danny Granger soon. So they'd roll out there with Jrue-Tyreke-Granger-AD-Jason Smith? Not gonna get it done in the West and all your money would be tied up in 3 non-elite players.

magic johnson and isiah thomas would like to have a word with you

yeah and they don't play in 2013.

PG three point shooting is INCREDIBLY important, point guards who can't shoot the three respectably put a ceiling on their teams offensive performance, it short circuits the pick and roll.

- Source close to Dwight Howard reiterated that Friday may come and go without a decision. It may be "a few days." No timetable has been set.

- Detroit wants to make a splashy move. They've explored trading for Rajon Rondo and Rudy Gay, and met with FAs Josh Smith and Andre Iguodala.

- The Knicks continue to pursue Sebastian Telfair, according to sources. Not only did they reach out to his camp, they spoke to him directly.

- Chicago contacted Nate Robinson and offered the minimum, per a source. He's searching for a more lucrative multi-year deal after big season.

Knicks pushing for Sebastian Telfair :lol:

So something that said the Kings pulled that contract offer in regards to Iggy. Lol, they must've been reading NT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom