Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
honestly, i just don't think people really understand what this means

yea everyone has some sort of mental illness.

without the million dollar contract

without the athletic ability

but they aint going around acting like a big baby like everything is owed to them

deal with it like a grown mature man

stop making excuses for him.

if he can play pro ball his mental illness must not be that much of a problem.

woah is me attitude aint going to cut it. he a grown ******g man.

you are not going to accept a job that uses your eyes if you are blind right? he knew what this profession was about. he should have chose another career

nobody would be making fun of him if he wasnt such a pompous clueless big *** baby.

and that has nothing todo with his mental illness

Like Big Al but not on the Bobcats, he and Zeller will score with Kemba in the pick and roll though. Charlotte going to be weakkkkkk on defense in the paint, Biyambo still too suspect on the other end to get heavy minutes.

honestly, i just don't think people really understand what this means

yea everyone has some sort of mental illness.

without the million dollar contract

without the athletic ability

but they aint going around acting like a big baby like everything is owed to them

deal with it like a grown mature man

stop making excuses for him.

if he can play pro ball his mental illness must not be that much of a problem.

woah is me attitude aint going to cut it. he a grown ******g man.

you are not going to accept a job that uses your eyes if you are blind right? he knew what this profession was about. he should have chose another career

nobody would be making fun of him if he wasnt such a pompous clueless big *** baby.

and that has nothing todo with his mental illness

you ever had an anxiety/panic attack? people with mental illnesses like his catch anxiety/panic attacks for regular day stuff. i have a close friend who gets very anxious, and had a panic attack because she couldn't remember if she locked the door to her car. should i have told her to "grow the **** up"?

like i said, i don't agree with how he's handling it through twitter and the media, but miss me with the mental illness stuff if you have no experience with it

when al jefferson arrived in utah, he was tombout wanting to be in the playoffs and he finally got a taste. after all his losing season, he goes back to a lottery team :smh:

Royce White needs to get off twitter, stop giving interviews, and just shut the **** up.

Simple as that.

I lose more and more sympathy for him as the days go by. He does himself NO favors. None.

Remember this?

Yet when I ask how much basketball he's been playing during this long stretch of inactivity, his answer is that he's hardly been playing at all. "I work out very sparingly, to be honest," White says. "I probably shoot once a week."

Link

Him not practicing basketball has nothing to do with his mental illness. There are things he can't help, but there are others that he clearly can.

Last edited:
you ever had an anxiety/panic attack? people with mental illnesses like his catch anxiety/panic attacks for regular day stuff. i have a close friend who gets very anxious, and had a panic attack because she couldn't remember if she locked the door to her car. should i have told her to "grow the **** up"?

like i said, i don't agree with how he's handling it through twitter and the media, but miss me with the mental illness stuff if you have no experience with it

you dont know me.

so miss me with the questions about having to deal with a mental disorder.

It's the rockets fault for taking a flyer on dude.

The talent is there but this is one of those times where the the risk is far outweighing the reward.

Need to cut loses and just ship him and let him become someone else's problem.
Was it really? Hes a top 10 talent. They took a chance and it didnt work out, but I can fault them at all for it.
Retro Jordans just went up $25
@ESPNSteinLine

Al Jefferson is heading to Charlotte on three-year deal worth estimated$41 million with opt out after Year 2, sources tell ESPN
I'm not even mad. If someone really wants to give him this kind of money then let him go get it. I thought the owners pockets were hurting though...
eyes.gif

Has Rajon not done enough to compare to Steve Nash purely as a PG? Jesus
laugh.gif
Nope. If he flourishes this year I am fully prepared to eat my words, and its not like you guys will forget, NT never forgets.

Al's gonna get his buckets and bolt after than 2nd year. Smart signing on his part.

*Got no doubt that Andrew Wiggins will be a Buck next year.

*What's with all the Rondo slander?

Yea Royce's tweeting and his interviews are the main reasons I don't have any sympathy for him. Instead of being a true advocate for mental disorders, he's done everything possible to make sure GMs/owners don't take a flyer on guys like him anymore.

Everyone does not have some sort of mental illness. That's minimizing the difficulty those with real issues go through if you just say "well everyone has something".

Don't be naive and say it's just because the way Royce is handling it, because that is not the case at all. When the story first came up, TONS of people were making fun of him with things like "He's a baby if he's afraid to fly" or "he should just MAN UP and get over it". It was well before all of Royce's personal antics started occurring.. plenty of people were dismissive of anxiety disorders and falsely assumed it was a simple matter of being nervous or uncomfortable, when that's not the case for a majority of sufferers. I'm pretty sure it was Buc Em who was brilliantly leading the charge to insult and belittle those with mental illnesses.

Not many people are still strictly defending Royce... but rather defending against those who use Royce as the only example of anxiety disorders or mental illness.

Last edited:

you dont know me.

so miss me with the questions about having to deal with a mental disorder.

did i claim to know you? and again, do you have any experience with it? if you do, please share.

like i said. i don't condone him being all in the media and on twitter because he makes himself look like an ***. i feel he could be doing more on his end to alleviate this issue. what upsets me is people's dismissive behavior towards mental illness.

Which disease makes Royce an arrogant prick and allergic to condoms?

Mental health issues are a significant problem.... With this guy.... Ehhhh.... I've ran out of sympathy. He's a terrible face for mental illness awareness.

did i claim to know you? and again, do you have any experience with it? if you do, please share.

like i said. i don't condone him being all in the media and on twitter because he makes himself look like an ***. i feel he could be doing more on his end to alleviate this issue. what upsets me is people's dismissive behavior towards mental illness.

niketalk is not the place to share that kind of personal info

Which disease makes Royce an arrogant prick and allergic to condoms?

Mental health issues are a significant problem.... With this guy.... Ehhhh.... I've ran out of sympathy. He's a terrible face for mental illness awareness.

i completely agree with this. the pompous way he carries himself makes it look like mental illness isn't as bad as it is. easier to sympathize with someone you actually care for. royce isn't that guy.

at this point i'm not really sure what the disconnect is between the rockets and royce white is anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom