Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In what way has playing in NY made Melo more popular? I feel like he wanted that big market, but his popularity around the league hasn't really changed at all. Dude isn't marketed that well either.
It definitely increased since he currently has the best selling jersey in the league.

Kobe and Melo on the same team? A negative times a negative makes a positive. Still wouldn't make it out the second round tho

In what way has playing in NY made Melo more popular? I feel like he wanted that big market, but his popularity around the league hasn't really changed at all. Dude isn't marketed that well either.
It definitely increased since he currently has the best selling jersey in the league.
Yeah, he's definitely more popular. I'm seeing Melo do Game of Thrones commercials.

This Melo to LA was all apart of the same LeBron to LA nonsense going around the second Dwight left. Until LAL smartness up and fires Pringles, no way Melo even thinks about the Lakers.

Kobe and Melo on the same team? A negative times a negative makes a positive. Still wouldn't make it out the second round tho

Didn't know winning 5 rings puts you in the same category as someone whose won 0.

But okay, Good analysis Miss Cleo.

idk how many times I have to say this but I'm talking about current Kobe not the Kobe of 5 years ago. But hey Kobe will bring you guys to the ship. #prayforthebear

Didn't know winning 5 rings puts you in the same category as someone whose won 0.

idk how many times I have to say this but I'm talking about current Kobe not the Kobe of 5 years ago. But hey Kobe will bring you guys to the ship. #prayforthebear

Bro it was sarcasm.
You're telling us something we already know. Lakers are not a championship contending roster, especially with Kobe fighting that Achilles injury. Even with Melo, but he ain't leavin NY. :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
Can someone, anyone, explain to me why the Kings are trying to clear cap room to sign Monta Ellis when they just drafted McLemore.....? These teams are so ******g stupid.

Jennings to the Hawks would be a good look though cause Schroder isn't gonna be ready right away, and I think they could play well together when they're both on the floor anyway. If the Hawks could sign Bynum to play next to Horford and have him actually play basketball this year that team could be dangerous.

Bro it was sarcasm.
You're telling us something we already know. Lakers are not a championship contending roster, especially with Kobe fighting that Achilles injury. Even with Melo, but he ain't leavin NY. :lol: :smh:

lol my fault Bro

Can someone, anyone, explain to me why the Kings are trying to clear cap room to sign Monta Ellis when they just drafted McLemore.....? These teams are so ******g stupid.

Jennings to the Hawks would be a good look though cause Schroder isn't gonna be ready right away, and I think they could play well together when they're both on the floor anyway. If the Hawks could sign Bynum to play next to Horford and have him actually play basketball this year that team could be dangerous.

Idk man....Bynum is a roll of the dice..and Jennings ain't been the same since that 50 points his rookie season :lol:

No way Melo would leave NY. He is basically from that city and they love him there! He is the face of the franchise and they buy all his gear. What kind of person would just abandon their hometown just to win the most coveted award in their profession?!

Offering Bynum one year is such a Low risk, High reward situation.

Do it Grant.

Exactly, no reason to not do it. They aren't giving him more than 1yr so the reset button is just a summer away. And if teams see Bynum take millions to lounge on the bench again, he'll never get another job. So he'll be motivated.

I badly wanted to see the Cavs take him in the Dwight trade. Maybe this will work out even better.

Last edited:
i support the Cavs in getting Bynum. they got the capspace. offer him a 1 year deal. low risk, very high reward. maybe he can turn it around. if he cant... oh well. got that capspace back next off season for lebron or someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom