Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boston is going to struggle with all new coaches and all new players. I have more faith in bottom dwellers like Washington and Cleveland getting in. Hell, even Detroit. 

If Bynum is healthy the whole year Cavs make the playoffs

Chemistry does take time but Rondo is the best player out of any of the guys on Cleveland, Detroit, or Washington. His stern leadership will push the new and young Celtics into the playoffs.

I give Bynum till' the trade deadline and watch his knee start swelling up like a balloon. His body is just too massive for his legs and knees to take. Running and jumping. It has shown that it takes a toll on his through the course of an NBA season.

Timeout.. Before people start saying the harden trade was the worst trade off all time..

We don't know how good (or bad) lamb, Stevens, whatever we get with the Dallas pick, the trade exception for Martin, the Spanish guy we have stashed we got in the 2nd round (we got the cavs 2nd in the deal too) and whoever the foreign guy we got the rights to from the timberwolves

Then the following trades did happen:

Charles Barkley in 1992 for Tim perry, Jeff hornacek and Andrew Lang

The cavs in 1982 traded their 1st round pick (which ended up being 2nd overall and thus James worthy) and butch lee to the lakers for don ford and chad kimchi

Rockets traded elvin hayes for jack marin

The blazers traded Moses Malone for Rick robey

76ers traded wilt chamberlain for Jerry chambers, Archie Clark and Darrall imhoff

Bucks tarde Kareem for junior bridgeman, Dave Meyers, Elmore smith and Brian winters

The hawks drafted bill Russell 2nd overall and traded him to the celtics for cliff hagan and Ed macauley

Also, have the jazz trading players + their 1st which turned into magic to the lakers for other no names

Going forward, Miami and Cleveland aren't really perfect situations.

How so? I think Miami makes more sense people will want to play in Miami for less and as Wade gets older Bosh becomes more of the number two option.

I feel Lebron would get some negative feedback going back to Cleveland after Gilbert's letter.

Will Houston amnesty Lin after next season? I don't think anyone after the draft would want him for that 10 mil plus contract.

If Milwaukee offers Pek a poison pill contract I swear >:

^ I don't see anything on a poison pill or Milwaukee though?

Last edited:
Going forward, Miami and Cleveland aren't really perfect situations.

How so? I think Miami makes more sense people will want to play in Miami for less and as Wade gets older Bosh becomes more of the number two option.

I feel Lebron would get some negative feedback going back to Cleveland after Gilbert's letter.

Will Houston amnesty Lin after next season? I don't think anyone after the draft would want him for that 10 mil plus contract.

If Milwaukee offers Pek a poison pill contract I swear >:

Cant amnesty Lin he signed his contract in 2012 and I think his cap hit is 8.3 or that might be asik

Cant amnesty Lin he signed his contract in 2012 and I think his cap hit is 8.3 or that might be asik

ok

^ I don't see anything on a poison pill or Milwaukee though?

I thought I saw Zgoda or Wolf tweet something about Mil. I'm just wondering why the wait. Pek talked like he wanted to comeback so just wondering will someone offer that contract that we can't afford. He's the only one left for us to get.

Timeout.. Before people start saying the harden trade was the worst trade off all time..

We don't know how good (or bad) lamb, Stevens, whatever we get with the Dallas pick, the trade exception for Martin, the Spanish guy we have stashed we got in the 2nd round (we got the cavs 2nd in the deal too) and whoever the foreign guy we got the rights to from the timberwolves
That guy we got from the Wolves,, Simon SCZSCZSCZSCOVIK (that's literally his name) is already 30 and is never coming over. Abrines might be good, if he even ever comes over but we drafted him in the 2nd because his agent warned teams he isn't comnig over if someone takes him in the first for rookie scale, so hes going to want more right out the gate; totally counter to the Thunder obviously. We may never see him. The Dallas pick is top 20 protected, so it only has value if they fail to make the playoffs in 2018 after the protection expires then it's a lotto pick

Rondo - Green - Big O

Boston might sneak into the playoffs :nerd:

Plus the x-factor Gerald Wallace

i like Green but he has a nice game every once in awhile. even while being the man, i dont see them getting into the playoffs. at all.

Detroit and Cleveland should be able to. I know Detroit for sure, Maybe Washington but i think Okafor is trash and Wall cant do it all by himself.

The Celtics will make the playoffs this year. Still way too much talent on that team with no knuckleheads except Jamal Crawford's cousins MarShon and Jordan Crawford. Brad Stevens will be a great head coach on any level. And most of all, Rondo will show how great of a player he really is. Would be an epic 1st round matchup if they were the 7 seed and Nets were the 2.

Last edited:
Expecting 25 6 8 with 2 steals from Russ this season.

Hope he cuts down on the turnovers and keeps improving his jumper. His development year by year has been amazing

Expecting 25 6 8 with 2 steals from Russ this season.

Hope he cuts down on the turnovers and keeps improving his jumper. His development year by year has been amazing

I'm one of the bigger Russ fans on Niketalk, but I'll retire my SN if he gets 25, 6, and 8 with 2 steals :lol: That would be a legendary statline for a season.

My biggest concern is he comes back 100% without any issue. Next would be keeping a good assist to turnover rate. Then, he gets the FG% back up.

I'm still expecting him to improve.

Last edited:
That's been done once in history. Michael Jordan in '89. 
laugh.gif

I'm one of the bigger Russ fans on Niketalk, but I'll retire my SN if he gets 25, 6, and 8 with 2 steals
laugh.gif
That would be a legendary statline for a season.
While I agree, his averages this season were not far from that at all actually. It seems like whoever wanted those numbers just rounded up a little bit 
laugh.gif

That's been done once in history. Michael Jordan in '89. 
laugh.gif

I checked as well, naturally, and out of curiosity I lowered it to 23, 5, 7, and 1.5 steals and it was a bunch of Lebron years, Michael, Magic, Bird, Payton, Wade once... then Russell Westbrook :lol: :pimp:

:lol: @ Boston in the playoffs.

Gerald Wallace the x-factor. They're rebuilding not reloading but ill wait to be proven wrong if after next season big name stars go there to play. The coach and the team play will have to be very attractive.

add 3.8 turnovers to that statline
fun fact : durant averaged more turnovers in th 2012-2013 season....as did james harden with his increased playing time

kevin durant also average more turnovers the season before

russell has decreased his turnovers per game by 0.3 the last 3 seasons while increasing his fg % every year.....as a result they made it further into the playoffs every year he was healthy

Last edited:
in KD's defense most NBA defenses are ideally designed to force him to pass the ball over a dbl or put it on the floor and split screens

I checked as well, naturally, and out of curiosity I lowered it to 23, 5, 7, and 1.5 steals and it was a bunch of Lebron years, Michael, Magic, Bird, Payton, Wade once... then Russell Westbrook :lol: :pimp:

Gotta shoot for the moon, if anybody can do it it's him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom