Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive got a hard time seeing the Pacers a top 3 seed, i think they may have overachieved last year and i doubt they sneak up on anybody this year.

Bulls wont be top 3 either with Rose coming back , there has to be an adjustment period there always is. No way he comes back and they dont miss a beat.

Top 3 will be the Heat, Knicks, and Nets in that order imo.

Pacers over achieved yet they got better this off season?

They did but the expectations werent there last year, i think theyll have a harder time time now with the spotlight on them....theyre the new '' buzz'' team.

Teams dont always make the jump we expect...especially young teams.

They did but the expectations werent there last year, i think theyll have a harder time time now with the spotlight on them....theyre the new '' buzz'' team.

Teams dont always make the jump we expect...especially young teams.
Their defense will be just as strong and their chemistry is only getting better. As long as you have a top defensive team, you'll always be at the top of the league. They've finished top 3 the past two years and their team only got better in the off-season. Regardless of where they finish after the regular season they are a legit threat to go to the finals.

Yeah.. Those basketball experts at real gm are great people to cite as support

Last edited:
And I think people are underestimating how much of an issue Wade's health is for Miami. His knees are literally shot at this point, I'd be surprised if he plays over 65-70 games again in his career.

The wear and tear of all those games is no joke. I don't see Miami dominating the regular season like they did last year.

He's not Bynum

Out of Rondo, Rose, Westbrook, and Kobe, who do you think will be the most effective for their team come opening day?

Yikes, drafting 10/12 in my fantasy draft come fall will be difficult. So many choices since all the obvious picks will be gone.

Out of Rondo, Rose, Westbrook, and Kobe, who do you think will be the most effective for their team come opening day?
Yikes, drafting 10/12 in my fantasy draft come fall will be difficult. So many choices since all the obvious picks will be gone.

Westbrook.

And I think people are underestimating how much of an issue Wade's health is for Miami. His knees are literally shot at this point, I'd be surprised if he plays over 65-70 games again in his career.

The wear and tear of all those games is no joke. I don't see Miami dominating the regular season like they did last year.
Me either I think they will go the spurs route...ala rest and reserve the big three throughout the season. I don't even think they will be playing for the number one spot unless it plays in their favor as far as playoff matchups are concerned....

Im still trippin at the fact ppl don't see the bulls as a top team when they were a top team w/o rose..... What I am amazed is ppl have the knicks so high, they indirectly were a benefactor of all the injuries to key players of teams on the east. I wouldn't be surprised if they landed a 5th or even 6th seed. Plus of all the teams mentioned to make the playoffs no mentions of the hawks...who have what made the playoff every year for the last iuno 5+ years. Yet ppl are mentioning teams who haven't even sniffed the playoffs in like ages.

Granted the lost of Smith is huge, but ppl act like because of this the hawks are lottery bound.... I wont be shocked or surprise at all if the hawks make it anywhere from 6-8th seed in the playoffs.

Its not like wades knees have torn ligaments. His knees were fine until after the all star break. He said all he really needed was rest and he most likely might not have to have surgery. The heat just Need to watch his minutes.

D Rose. He's had 2 off-seasons to rehab. He'll be ready to unleash hell.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by shoelyesses  

Plus of all the teams mentioned to make the playoffs no mentions of the hawks...who have what made the playoff every year for the last iuno 5+ years. Yet ppl are mentioning teams who haven't even sniffed the playoffs in like ages.

Granted the lost of Smith is huge, but ppl act like because of this the hawks are lottery bound.... I wont be shocked or surprise at all if the hawks make it anywhere from 6-8th seed in the playoffs.
It's pretty simple, the Hawks lost one of their best players, and they really weren't that great with him. They won 44 games last year. So while they'll struggle to replace his production, other bottom dwellers improved like Detroit and Cleveland improved. Washington could sneak in as well. 

In the end Hawks could easily make the playoffs just like a lot of other east teams. 6-8 seeds are wide open in both conferences. 

Last edited:
It will take time for Rose to get back into his mode, Westbrook was just playing in the playoffs.

Me either I think they will go the spurs route...ala rest and reserve the big three throughout the season. I don't even think they will be playing for the number one spot unless it plays in their favor as far as playoff matchups are concerned....

Im still trippin at the fact ppl don't see the bulls as a top team when they were a top team w/o rose..... What I am amazed is ppl have the knicks so high, they indirectly were a benefactor of all the injuries to key players of teams on the east. I wouldn't be surprised if they landed a 5th or even 6th seed. Plus of all the teams mentioned to make the playoffs no mentions of the hawks...who have what made the playoff every year for the last iuno 5+ years. Yet ppl are mentioning teams who haven't even sniffed the playoffs in like ages.

When were the bulls a top team w/o rose??

I was thinking I thought Rudy's contract is up next off-season but I see it's a player option so even if the Raptors "Tank for Wiggins" he will not get a lot of money next off season I think, no?

I really think the Cavs end up at 8 just to play Miami so I have Washington and Detroit or Toronto.

I'm still crying at Ron walking up to Stephen Jackson and Tinsley 'Are we going to get in trouble?" After the brawl :rofl: :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom