Official 2013 NFL Washington Diplomats SEASON Thread - Last Game 12/29 @ 1:00 PM vs. Giants

Not too impressed with the rookie secondary thus far, except Amerson. Want to see more of him in coverage, but he always seems to be near the ball, and isnt afraid to tackle. Liking him thus far, can def see the ball hawk in him.

Amerson looks pretty damn good. Rambo didn't look impressive at all...also looked kinda small out there. And then there's Rex :lol:

Man that cj2k shake hurt my feelings :smh: oh well glad to see it happen preseason it was a nice welcome to the league moment.

Anyone goin to the steelers game?

Speaking of .gifs

ku-bigpic.gif

:lol:

RG3 got his *** handed to him when he played the Steelers last year.

That down-field offensive pass interference call was embarrassing. 

What does this have to do with anything? And I wouldn't say he got his *** handed to him, rather that his receivers did and dropped a ton of passes. That was a stupid play call though to send your franchise QB on a go route with Ryan Clark eyeing him down :smh: won't happen again though and the next time we play the Steelers is a preseason game in which he won't be playing anyway...

Ben Roethlisberger broke a rib last year.

See, I can make nonsensical/irrelevant posts as well.

What does this have to do with anything? And I wouldn't say he got his *** handed to him, rather that his receivers did and dropped a ton of passes. That was a stupid play call though to send your franchise QB on a go route with Ryan Clark eyeing him down :smh: won't happen again though and the next time we play the Steelers is a preseason game in which he won't be playing anyway...
Still mad about that game. It was raining too but still could have won that. Think it was 11 drops total with 3 being touchdowns. Glad Shanny admitted to being a "dumb ****" for letting that play go.

Anyways, glad to see the burgundy and gold on the field. Hope Cousins gets a true shot on another squad. Dude looked poised minus that TD celebration. Fell asleep after they put Grossman in but I heard Pat played a decent game. I'll catch him next time.

Just got my tickets for the home opener. Can't wait

10 Observations from John Keim...I'm just posting 6/7. Click the link for more.

Corner David Amerson had a strong night, showing the advantage of length. He could have played a little more shallow on his intended target, Kenny Britt, on one route in which Amerson should have picked it off. He broke inside and almost baited quarterback Jake Locker to throw the ball, making it appear Britt was open. Amerson dropped the pick, but the point is: His length enabled him to play a little more off his man to the inside. The coaches wanted to see how physical Amerson would play. He is not a big hitter nor is his technique always the best. But at times in college you didn’t always see the willingness. It was much more evident Thursday. Amerson even came up hard on an outside run, ducked under the guard and helped make a tackle for a loss.

Another rookie who stood out: linebacker Brandon Jenkins. The more I see of him, the more I like. The coaches wanted to see how he fared in a game before going overboard about him and certainly they’ll find enough mistakes in his night. But he adds something. And unlike other young players, he had some success against Tennessee’s first-team offense. He helped set up Ryan Kerrigan's first quarter sack. Orakpo collapsed his man on the right side and Jenkins absolutely stunned the right tackle, popping his hands into him before he could react. Kerrigan, in a four-point stance, then worked inside on a quarterback who had nowhere to go. Jenkins later drew a hands-to-the-face penalty on a rush, getting around the tackle. He was noticeable. And I like using him next to Kerrigan. He explodes a little quicker to the outside than Kerrigan, more known for his hands when rushing wide. There was one rush in the second half in which Jenkins stumbled off the line, the right tackle dropped back and Jenkins still managed to get around him. Jenkins needs to learn a lot about the position, notably dropping into coverage. But he showed something Thursday night.

Washington ******** wake-up call
August, 12, 2013
Aug 12
8:00
AM ET
By John Keim | ESPN.com

Recommend1
Tweet4
Comments0
Email
Print

The Washington ******** will conduct their final day of two workouts Monday, with a morning walk-through at 10 a.m. and an afternoon practice at 3:30 p.m. Here are three things I’m interested in today:

Robert Griffin III’s news conference. It’s our one day to talk to Griffin and, yes, we’ll get another update on his progress and how much more work he’ll get this week. It’s expected that his workload will increase, but by how much remains to be seen. Coach Mike Shanahan said he would get some work with the first unit in the walk-throughs, but the real key is when he’ll start taking the 11-on-11 reps. The organization is making sure he’s moving along at a slow pace. Griffin does few things at a slow pace, so he’s more than antsy. We’ll find out how much (though it’s not a bad thing if he wants to be doing everything now while the coaches say hold on. One side is ultra-competitive; the other is being smart). The only downside is that we’ll talk to him after the walk-through and before practice. One question I have: Did he think he developed any bad habits while throwing with a bad leg that he had to shake? It would be natural.

Link

Peter King:

Tuesday: Richmond, Va.
I’m telling you, RG3’s fine.

Scenes from a side field:

For 20 minutes during practice, while his 89 Washington teammates (give or take a few injured ones on the stationary bikes) were on the field going through drills, Robert Griffin III and offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan worked on a side field. This is as good as it gets for Griffin, as active as it gets, as close as he gets to real football—because owner Dan Snyder, coach Mike Shanahan and GM Bruce Allen made a plan, and they’re sticking to it in the rehab of Griffin’s surgically repaired knee. For now, anyway. No seven-on-seven. No team drills. No 11-on-11.”We’re not taking any chances,” said one member of the Washington brass. “No one’s falling into that knee by accident.”

So Griffin took his place on the side field in a faux shotgun, and Kyle Shanahan went to work, orchestrating every movement.

Hands to the right … Griffin sprinted right. No limp.

Hands to the left … Griffin sprinted left. No limp.

Link

Griff stated during his presser he's sched to run 11v11 starting tomorrow. Cant wait to hear how that goes. Wish it was today since I'm about to head down there for today's practice...glad its takin place tho!

I'm glad that RG3 has deemed himself ready to go...but I'm also glad that Shanahan is sticking to his guns and not playing him this preseason.

Speaking of Shanahan, I think his contract ends after the 2014 season. Anyone else think that Kyle is going to be given the keys to the car? I wouldn't be mad at that. As I mentioned WAY back, I feel as though the Shanahan's were a package deal. Mike took the job under the premise that Kyle would eventually be his successor.

Back
Top Bottom