OFFICIAL 2014-2015 FANTASY BASKETBALL THREAD

Got offered J Smoove for Olynyk? What do you guys think.

Rest of my squad

I think I'd stick it out with Olynyk. Maybe that's just cause J.R. will always be a streaky MF in my mind so that might just be me. Your squad does look pretty saturated in terms of big men though so maybe you could benefit. I just think you'll get more consistent numbers with Olynyk. If you don't mind the streakiness JR could be a good fit. 

Is this trade fair? Kyrie/Tobias/Draymond for CP3/Hayward?
How's the rest of your team look? I actually have both CP3 and Hayward and they've been two of my most dependable players into this young season. I wouldn't call it an unfair trade by any means but it might suck down the line if Kyrie can't stay healthy. If you're willing to take that risk then by all means go for it.

I think I'll take the trade for Smoove

Heres a comparison of J SMoove and Olynyk stats on the season. The only flaw is J Smoove's percentages but a lot of my guys shoot the ball pretty well besides Kemba and Danny Green.

View media item 1269778
Edit: This is a comparison from my espn league. I'll be making the trade in my yahoo league

Last edited:

How's the rest of your team look? I actually have both CP3 and Hayward and they've been two of my most dependable players into this young season. I wouldn't call it an unfair trade by any means but it might suck down the line if Kyrie can't stay healthy. If you're willing to take that risk then by all means go for it.
Here's my team (I'm the one with Kyrie):

10 Team/H2H/Standard 8 CAT/13 Roster

PG: Kyrie Irving, Jeff Teague, Jose Calderon

SG: Bradley Beal, Jamal Crawford

SF: Chandler Parsons, Nicolas Batum, Draymond Green

PF: Tobias Harris, Mirza Teletovic

C: Anthony Davis, Al Jefferson, Andre Drummond

Reason for me trading Kyrie and Tobias is because their PO schedule is terrible (9 games only with a week with 2 games). Plus, I'm lacking in assists against other owners so I was trying to increase that cat a bit. Oh, and like you mentioned, I'm scared that Kyrie will get injured like he has the past 2 seasons.

Last edited:
Here's my team (I'm the one with Kyrie):

10 Team/H2H/Standard 8 CAT/13 Roster
PG: Kyrie Irving, Jeff Teague, Jose Calderon
SG: Bradley Beal, Jamal Crawford
SF: Chandler Parsons, Nicolas Batum, Draymond Green
PF: Tobias Harris, Mirza Teletovic
C: Anthony Davis, Al Jefferson, Andre Drummond

Reason for me trading Kyrie and Tobias is because their PO schedule is terrible (9 games only with a week with 2 games). Plus, I'm lacking in assists against other owners so I was trying to increase that cat a bit. Oh, and like you mentioned, I'm scared that Kyrie will get injured like he has the past 2 seasons.
Oh wow, you're really looking into long-term. I haven't even thought about playoff schedule. But yeah if you're looking for a boost in assists CP3 is definitely dependable for that. I see you have The Brow as well, very solid team. But yeah I think I read Kyrie is close to the top of the league in minutes so an injury may be coming in the future. I'm never a fan of losing more players than I'm gaining though. Is there any waiver-type guy you can get him to throw in just because? But yeah seems like you've thought this one through. Good luck.

Last edited:
Oh wow, you're really looking into long-term. I haven't even thought about playoff schedule. But yeah if you're looking for a boost in assists CP3 is definitely dependable for that. I see you have The Brow as well, very solid team. But yeah I think I read Kyrie is close to the top of the league in minutes so an injury may be coming in the future. I'm never a fan of losing more players than I'm gaining though. Is there any waiver-type guy you can get him to throw in just because? But yeah seems like you've thought this one through. Good luck.
Appreciate the feedback. Yea, I'm thinking long term lol. Trying to get my team complete early on so I can just ride out the ROS (for now at least) and because people aren't taking consideration of the PO schedule of the teams yet.I would've done a 3 for 3, but I proposed the trade the way it was only cause I feel like he may value CP3 really high. So in an attempt to make the offer seem more "favorable/appealing" to him, I made it 3 for 2 because I know some owners think quantity > quality. And there's better options in the ww than the ww-type people that he has, so I can just pick 1 up and i'll also have a couple spots to use as streamer spots if he accepts. But thanks again for the help.
smile.gif

^Chicago, cleveland, Orlando, Phoenix have least favorable playoff matchups. Since your league is 8 cat, I would heavily target guys with high TOs, high production. MCW, Oladipo, Russ Westbrook, Rondo, Brandon knight

Last edited:

^Chicago, cleveland, Orlando, Phoenix have least favorable playoff matchups. Since your league is 8 cat, I would heavily target guys with high TOs, high production. MCW, Oladipo, Russ Westbrook, Rondo, Brandon knight
Yea, Cleveland and Orlando both have a week with 2 games so it sucks. I did want MCW, but dude was asking for AD -__- Can't get WB right now cause owner quit for whatever reason...Knight/Oladipo owner got pissed 2x because I committed a robbery against an owner twice (Markieff for Parsons, Stephenson for Batum) so idk if he wants to trade with me 
laugh.gif
 Gonna give it a try with him and Rondo owner though haha.

I think I'm going to counter that trade offer I got with J Smoove for Olynyk.

I trade

Tobias Harris
Olynyk

for

Millsap
J Smoove

What do you guys think? Tobias has been cooking but so has Millsap

Edit: I don't think I want trade Tobias anymore :lol:

I just compared their avgs. and Tobias is pretty much better if every category except steals.

Last edited:
Out of these guys, which 2 should I bench?

IT2, Bledsoe, Lamb, Wroten, PJ Tucker, Lou Williams, KCP

I'm trying to catch up on 3PM and steals. I'm behind on blocks too, but I didn't find any shot blockers I liked on the wire.

I'm thinking about dropping Miles Plumlee and picking up Matt Barnes. Barnes seems to be getting better while Plumlee battles Len for minutes. I'm down in this week's matchup but not by insurmountable margins. What do you guys think of Matt Barnes and who else should I be targeting?

My current roster:

Top Ranked FAs:
Pick up Jarrett Jack, drop Jeremy Lamb. If Brendan Wright is available, pick him up because C's are a serious weak spot on your team. Barnes is good but you already have capable swingmen (Nic, Gordan). PJ almost does exactly what Barnes does. I'd really look into trading Brook or one of your PGs for a durable C who gets you APG or blocks (the Gasols, Derrick Favors but Drummond most likely you can get for a 1-for-1 because of his current production)
I think I'm going to counter that trade offer I got with J Smoove for Olynyk.

I trade

Tobias Harris
Olynyk

for

Millsap
J Smoove

What do you guys think? Tobias has been cooking but so has Millsap

Edit: I don't think I want trade Tobias anymore
laugh.gif

I just compared their avgs. and Tobias is pretty much better if every category except steals.
Don't fall too deep in love with Tobias. Remember the kids played an average of 55 full games per season in his 3 seasons in the league so far. I'd sell him while he's high. If you do do that trade, you may need to include a filler piece just so the owner would bite. I'm not much of a JSmoove guy, I'd much rather keep Kells dudes a Dirk-lite and has much more of a chance to sneak into top-50 value than Smoove
Out of these guys, which 2 should I bench?

IT2, Bledsoe, Lamb, Wroten, PJ Tucker, Lou Williams, KCP

I'm trying to catch up on 3PM and steals. I'm behind on blocks too, but I didn't find any shot blockers I liked on the wire.
Wroten is the most consistent 3PM+steal guy out of that bunch, so you should defnitely plug him in. See if Brendan Wright, Ed Davis or James Johnson are available. All capable shot blockers with elite FG% 

With Kevin Martin sidelined indefinitely, should I pick up Wiggins? Someone just dropped him in my league.

With Kevin Martin sidelined indefinitely, should I pick up Wiggins? Someone just dropped him in my league.
Depends who you're dropping for him. Don't think he'd benefit with KMart being out as much as Corey Brewer would, but Wiggins should be rostered based on upside alone

Depends who you're dropping for him. Don't think he'd benefit with KMart being out as much as Corey Brewer would, but Wiggins should be rostered based on upside alone
i'd be dropping Kevin Martin 
laugh.gif
 or terrance jones. Should I sit on Kev and wait for him to recover?

Ty Lawson

MCW

Jamal crawford

Tony Wroten

Lance Stephenson

D. Wade

Luol Deng

Harrison Barnes

Josh Smith

Lamarcus Aldridge

Marcin Gortat

Larry Sanders

Marreese Speights

Im looking to trade for a pf/c.... who should be expendable? 

Ty Lawson

MCW

Jamal crawford

Tony Wroten

Lance Stephenson

D. Wade

Luol Deng

Harrison Barnes

Josh Smith

Lamarcus Aldridge

Marcin Gortat

Larry Sanders

Marreese Speights

Im looking to trade for a pf/c.... who should be expendable? 
Don't know if a trade is necessary, check your waivers for Bredan Wright or Ed Davis or even Chris Kaman whose been playing consistently. Would much rather have those guys than Speights.

If you do want to move players I'd let go of: Wade, JSmoove, Sanders. You can probably flip those guys for a Derrick Favors + an SF

UGHHHH. This guy Asik is killing me. Aggravating your injury in warmups? C'mon bruh...

I wanna get another big. I'm very guard heavy right now but they're a bunch of waiver-type guys...who should I move and which big should I target?

PG: Chris Paul, Tony Wroten, Lou Williams

SG: Eric Bledsoe, Isaiah Thomas, Jeremy Lamb, KCP

SF: Gordon Hayward, Nicolas Batum, P.J. Tucker

PF: Joakim Noah

C: Omer Asik, Brook Lopez

UGHHHH. This guy Asik is killing me. Aggravating your injury in warmups? C'mon bruh...

I wanna get another big. I'm very guard heavy right now but they're a bunch of waiver-type guys...who should I move and which big should I target?

PG: Chris Paul, Tony Wroten, Lou Williams

SG: Eric Bledsoe, Isaiah Thomas, Jeremy Lamb, KCP

SF: Gordon Hayward, Nicolas Batum, P.J. Tucker

PF: Joakim Noah

C: Omer Asik, Brook Lopez
i would just drop kcp/tucker/lamb for guys like wright/ed davis/boris diaw

@diewitsjames

That's the thing, I'm in a 14-team league and everyone seems to be pretty active so the waiver wire is pretty much dried up. Looking like I have to go with a trade.

Those guys have been on my watch list, but it looks like their owners are gonna hold onto them for the long run.

Last edited:
Glad I didn't pull the trigger on that Olynyk trade yesterday. I wanted to see what he would do against Memphis and he's holding his own right now. But I benched him in both my leagues :lol:

Last edited:

@diewitsjames

That's the thing, I'm in a 14-team league and everyone seems to be pretty active so the waiver wire is pretty much dried up. Looking like I have to go with a trade.

Those guys have been on my watch list, but it looks like their owners are gonna hold onto them for the long run.
thats rough. i would try to buy low on drummond/lee/david west/love right now then

Last edited:
If you go for Drummond, I suggest you buy him asap because from today's game (13 pts, 16 rebs, 1 FOUL), he's showing a bit of life after all those 4-5+ fouls/game 
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom