OFFICIAL 2014-2015 FANTASY BASKETBALL THREAD

why so many players? seems like extra BN spots are unnecessary and hoarding players wont really benefit anyone. team is okay. no one really stands out besides russ and kyrie honestly. tobias should have a break out year and gordon is very solid.
No clue...even the league manager said that he put too many BN spots 
indifferent.gif
 But it is what it is. 

hello NT

i need managers to fill the following abandoned teams in a 20 team 5 player keeper league

Draft: Sun Oct 26 10:15am PDT
[table][tr][td]Roster Positions:[/td][td]G, G, F, F, C, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN[/td][/tr][tr][td]Players Stat Categories:[/td][td]Field Goal Percentage (FG%), Free Throw Percentage (FT%), 3-point Shots Made (3PTM), Points Scored (PTS), Offensive Rebounds (OREB), Defensive Rebounds (DREB), Assists (AST), Steals (ST), Blocked Shots (BLK), Turnovers (TO), Technical Fouls (TECH)[/td][/tr][/table]
Kobe Bryant 

Vince Carter

Darren Collison 

Dante Cunningham

Anthony Davis 

Kris Humphries

Chris Kaman

Enes Kanter

Wesley Matthews 

Brandon Rush

Amar'e Stoudemire 

P.J. Tucker

Chris Andersen

Trevor Ariza

Bradley Beal

Marco Belinelli

Nick Collison

Mike Conley 

Samuel Dalembert

Tim Duncan 

Mike Dunleavy

Nikola Pekovic 

Lance Stephenson 

Kemba Walker 

Darrell Arthur

Shane Battier

Chase Budinger

Marc Gasol 

Danny Granger

Al Horford 

Courtney Lee

Shawn Marion

J.J. Redick

Rajon Rondo 

Anderson Varejao 

Thaddeus Young 

Ray Allen

Elton Brand

Jose Calderon 

Jamal Crawford 

Dirk Nowitzki 

Kelly Olynyk

Nate Robinson

Marcus Thornton

Evan Turner 

Dion Waiters 

Martell Webster

Brandan Wright

Tony Allen

Ryan Anderson 

Matt Barnes

Carlos Boozer

Mario Chalmers

Jordan Crawford

O.J. Mayo 

Chandler Parsons 

Patrick Patterson

Jason Thompson

Gerald Wallace 

Cody Zeller
please PM if interested 

Last edited:
Don't punt cats just for the sake of punting. The key is to build around your key player(s) strengths and reduce their weaknesses as much as possible. For example, I drafted Davis and then Dirk to bolster the %s and fill in AD's lack of 3pters and Conley for the assists and bolster the steals and 3s. However, there are some players that are a huge negative in some cats that you have to punt e.g. Cousins, Curry, LeBron, KD, Kobe, and Harden's TOs; Dwight, Jordan, and Drummond FT%, MCW and Westbrook FG%.
don't think punting is even necessary even with guys with terrible FG%/FT%. 
I won a league last season with both DeAndre & Drummond with a team built to cancel out their weaknesses. I had Curry (3.3 3PM), Korver (2.6 3PM), JJ Redick (2.1 3PM) and other pieces who also had elite FT% to balance out their terrible FT%. I led in REBs BLK and 3PM in the league and I was middle in FT% at the end of the season (6/12).  Even when you feel you have to punt, there's always a way around it

In what round are you guys seeing Lin being taken? He's one of top sleepers.

Had my auction dynasty league draft last night. It's only 8 teams cause it's with my closest friends from high school but I really like my team.

Here's my squad. 200 budget

Dragic
Wes Mathews
Melo
Blake
Al Jefferson
Favors
Bradley Beal
MCW
Trey Burke
Markieff Morris
Giannis
Jrue Holiday

I think I did pretty well. Got my franchise guy with Blake for 51 bucks :pimp:

Does ESPN adjust projected fantasy point totals for the season based on league settings? League I'm in has slightly altered settings.

Last edited:

Does ESPN adjust projected fantasy point totals for the season based on league settings? League I'm in has slightly altered settings.
I dont believe so.

I reached on KD in round two, saw him there and didnt think he would last until round three so I went for it. Other than that I think I did well.

This league subtracts points for missed shots 
indifferent.gif
, and three pointers dont count for anything 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
 so it altered the way I drafted.

Originally Posted by Antidope  

I dont believe so.

I reached on KD in round two, saw him there and didnt think he would last until round three so I went for it. Other than that I think I did well.

This league subtracts points for missed shots 
indifferent.gif
, and three pointers dont count for anything 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
 so it altered the way I drafted.
Based on just looking at your team I can tell it does adjust projections by league. In most standard leagues you'd have a top 5 player if they got you 30+ fantasy points per night. 
laugh.gif
 Your league settings are ridiculous! 
eek.gif

That wasn't a reach on KD, it was a smart move. Sure he's out a few weeks, but come playoff time when it actually matters (and barring any setbacks) you'll have drafted a top 2 player in the 2nd round.

I'm such an idiot, for the first time ever I drafted one of those players who's projected to miss the majority, if not all, of the season due to injury. I had a draft last week and MCW was projected to miss like 2 months then and so now he was good value at the spot I was getting him at so I drafted him. But, apparently his status was updated just yesterday and he could be out till February. 
sick.gif
  I'm desperately trying to trade him ASAP and thankfully it seems like most people don't know of the true extent of his timetable, but any day now ESPN will have an update next to his name on my roster.

Last edited:
whats up with everyone joining leagues where you have more than 3 BN spots? prolonged draft for no reason
laugh.gif

Anyone have one of those draft ranking charts? I'm the 11th pick in a 14 man league. So I get 11th pick and 4th pick of the second round.

What are your guys' opinions on MCW's timetable? Recent reports say he could be out till February at the latest, which sounds extreme considering he's only being held out of non-contact drills.

I did some more digging and found an article saying that was nonsense and that they predicted him to be back sometime in November or December. This would make him worth holding onto since my team should be solid enough to make the playoffs despite him being out a month or two and would mean I should cancel the trades I sent ASAP.

Last edited:

NT league?
NT doesn't want me to bust that *** again this year.
Start it up breh
We can't just start up the last year NT finest? If not I will set one up tomorrow or see if I can become Owner
Yeah you can. I've never been commish so IDK How but I've been in the same Fantasy Football League for 4 years now. Every year they just re-open the same league.

What are your guys' opinions on MCW's timetable? Recent reports say he could be out till February at the latest, which sounds extreme considering he's only being held out of non-contact drills.

I did some more digging and found an article saying that was nonsense and that they predicted him to be back sometime in November or December. This would make him worth holding onto since my team should be solid enough to make the playoffs despite him being out a month or two and would mean I should cancel the trades I sent ASAP.
MCW's situation is dicey. Look at how the 6ers handled Nerlens last season. He was 100% healthy in late January but decided to keep him on ice for that season. 6ers really have nothing to play for so I wouldn't be surprised if they grinded out MCW's recovery time til after all star break. If ya have MCW, swoop up Tony Wroten as a just in case

Back
Top Bottom