OFFICIAL 2014-2015 FANTASY BASKETBALL THREAD

Mulling an offer: Giving Ariza and Varejao for Dragic and Mase Plumlee.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

IMO Plumlee is multi-dimensional with reb and blk whereas Andy is mostly a threat only on the boards. Goran > Ariza. Only thing about plumlee is that he might not retain that starting position and I believe CLE likes Andy in the starting lineup with haywood and thompson off the bench. I would take dragic and plumlee though.

Anyone know if CJ Miles is supposed to start? He's available in my 12-man league and might just scoop him up.

Anyone know if CJ Miles is supposed to start? He's available in my 12-man league and might just scoop him up.
hes supposed to start and since west is out he will definitely get more play time. copeland will bite into his minutes if he doesnt play well though

hes supposed to start and since west is out he will definitely get more play time. copeland will bite into his minutes if he doesnt play well though

Correct me if I'm wrong but CJ Miles is injury prone and Copeland nailed it in the preseason. I think they're gonna rely on Copeland a lot more than Miles imo.

Yall got me thinking I'm glad I got Cousins. I scooped him up with the 10th pick and the dude before me was thinking of drafting him before going with Aldridge. I hope he gets them Shaq numbers.

Last edited:
Nice pickup on Burke. Dude's gonna have a great year IMO.

IMO Plumlee is multi-dimensional with reb and blk whereas Andy is mostly a threat only on the boards. Goran > Ariza. Only thing about plumlee is that he might not retain that starting position and I believe CLE likes Andy in the starting lineup with haywood and thompson off the bench. I would take dragic and plumlee though.

Wanted to add Varejao is real injury prone, dude is bound to miss some time.

So what position or category you guys focusing on? or you guys spreading it out? havent actually player in awile

i never actually won first place but everytime i playe with buddies always get 2nd/3rd :lol:

1st year playing fantasy basketball. Ppl I wanted kept getting picked right before me.

How does this team look?

B. Griffin, D. Lillard, E. Bledsoe, C. Parsons, N. Noel, J. Parker, G. Monroe, T. Thompson, G. Green, R. Jackson, D McDermott, A. Bradley, J. Randle, and P. George.

Last edited:
So what position or category you guys focusing on? or you guys spreading it out? havent actually player in awile

i never actually won first place but everytime i playe with buddies always get 2nd/3rd :lol:

I like balancing my team out. 3's, points and rebounds are the easiest categories to fill up with guys on and off the wire.

1st year playing fantasy basketball. Ppl I wanted kept getting picked right before me.

How does this team look?

B. Griffin, D. Lillard, E. Bledsoe, C. Parsons, N. Noel, J. Parker, G. Monroe, T. Thompson, G. Green, R. Jackson, D McDermott, A. Bradley, J. Randle, and P. George.

How many team? Not sure you need PG unless it's a dynasty and or keeper league or you have an IR spot but I wouldn't even waste it on PG either.

Overall solid Team. Blake, Bled, and Lillard is a solid core to build around. Hopefully Bledsoe stays healthy all year.

Team I drafted tonight in my big money league with my boys. I'm the defending champ and I had the 11th Pick out of 12. John Wall slipped to me :lol: :pimp:

View media item 1233387
I could definitely use another shooter, but I can just find that category on the wire. Everyone started reaching in the 3rd-6th rounds so by the time it got back to me, there was no one that I wanted there. Thad Young did slip to me though which is a huge steal in the 6th round imo. Might drop Varejao after he gets hurt like always for the hot free agent pickup in the first week.

Last edited:

Shouldn't even be thinking about it, if dude is willing to give you a Dragic/Plumlee combo for Ariza/Varejao, then that dude gettin fleeced. 
Brook Lopez or no Brook Lopez, Plumlee gonna eat. Even in limited PT, his numbs last year are unreal (7/4 with 0.7 stl, 0.8 blk in only 18mins and 9/6 0.7 stl, 0.8 blks in 21min post all star break on 60+% FG). Imagine what dude's gonna do with 25 MPG and upwards. Also keep in mind BK don't have Blatche or Evans to swoop up anymore mins from the kid. I'd do that trade before it's too late 
Just finished my draft.... thoughts?
Al/Jeff and CP3 + Al Horford. Is this 10-team league?
Good team. Steals are win, assists are win, points are a wash. % game is strong, but if I were you, I'd move Pek maybe for a guy like Robin Lopez (high FG/FT with upwards of 1.5 BLK). Don't be fooled by Pek's production, RoLo is by far a better fantasy Center and piece to your team. You don't need Josh Smith. He negates what a lot of your guys do. Your PG game is strong, so it wouldn't hurt losing George Hill. Maybe do a George Hill/JSmoove for a Batum or Kawhi. Pretty sure an owner would bite on that

i never actually won first place but everytime i playe with buddies always get 2nd/3rd
laugh.gif
I'm not a fantasy expert but I've had pretty good success focusing on drafting high FG%/FT% steals, assists and blocks. A lot of owners like to focus on pts, 3s, rebounds but a lot of times, those are categories you can find on waivers. I did that strategy all last season in a bunch of public leagues and fared pretty well.

different strokes for different folks man. do what your most comfortable with thoguh

this is the team that im rolling with to start the season
Good foundation, man. That Love/Aldridge/Conley combo is nice. You do need a reliable 3rd-string C though. I like Vucevic on your team or even a Millsap. Don;t know how high you are on Deron, but if I were you, I'd flip him and Gordon ASAP before the season starts. They are the most frustrating dudes to own and not worth risking your season over. You can probably trade for Oladipo straight up for Deron. Don't know if you're an Oladipo guy, but his SPG combo with Conley + Butler is $$

Team I drafted tonight in my big money league with my boys. I'm the defending champ and I had the 11th Pick out of 12. John Wall slipped to me
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I could definitely use another shooter, but I can just find that category on the wire. Everyone started reaching in the 3rd-6th rounds so by the time it got back to me, there was no one that I wanted there. Thad Young did slip to me though which is a huge steal in the 6th round imo. Might drop Varejao after he gets hurt like always for the hot free agent pickup in the first week.
No wonder you're the defending champ, everyone else drafting passed on Wall and he landed in your lap at 12.
Your team looks good man. Think you might struggle in assists though. Never liked George Hill as a fantasy guy. He never seemed to get PG type numbers to me (consistenly low steals, low APG). I could be wrong, he could break out this year, but I'd rather float with someone more proven. Don't drop Varejao, trade him instead. He has enough name value, that someone would bite. If you're willing, I think a George Hill/Terrence Jones/Varejao FOR Kyle Lowry+someone would do you wonders. If you're looking for shooters too, try and get Bradley Beal while he's still injured cause a lot of owners selling low for him that's for sure. Even an Alec Burks would do you a solid

this is the team that im rolling with to start the season
Good foundation, man. That Love/Aldridge/Conley combo is nice. You do need a reliable 3rd-string C though. I like Vucevic on your team or even a Millsap. Don;t know how high you are on Deron, but if I were you, I'd flip him and Gordon ASAP before the season starts. They are the most frustrating dudes to own and not worth risking your season over. You can probably trade for Oladipo straight up for Deron. Don't know if you're an Oladipo guy, but his SPG combo with Conley + Butler is $$
dwill fell to 5th rd 12th pick so i really couldnt pass up on him at that point because he has all star potential. i like oladipo but hes out for 4 weeks with a facial fracture so i didnt take him. nene/cj miles are just players i draft hoping they start hot but are definitely droppable if better FAs come along

i never actually won first place but everytime i playe with buddies always get 2nd/3rd
laugh.gif
take sg/sf/pf's first and leave pg/c for later. draft guys that give 1stl/blk/3pt and franchise guys

Thoughts on my team? It's a 12 man 9 cat league. I had the 5th pick. Regret drafting Varejao with Olynyk still on the board
mean.gif
aside from CP3 and klay i dont see any studs on your team. your guys are really just role players their respective teams. might be tough season for you

Russell Westbrook or Chris Paul?
either, cant go wrong. the swing around will determine if you made a good pick or not. cp3 has amazing %'s/stls. russ dominates the big 3 categories (pts/reb/ast)

ESPN NT Finest 2.0 draft has been changed to to Monday 9 ET. There are still more spots available just PM me if you want in. Season is starting soon!

Thoughts on my team? It's a 12 man 9 cat league. I had the 5th pick. Regret drafting Varejao with Olynyk still on the board
mean.gif
Strong 3s with Wes/Chandler/Klay
Steals are decent. You may have waited too long to draft a secondary PG though (consider Jose a 3rd string). Hope Chandler and Lance drop the same APG averages as last year to atleast help you out there, but you're definitely going to struggle with assists, rebounds and blocks. You may have to move one of those guys to atleast compete in those categories. Maybe letting go of Chandler for Favors (going to outplay his ADP) and Lance straight up for a Jeff Teague if you can make that happen.

Russell Westbrook or Chris Paul?
Westbrook is gonna go berserk this year. He's one of the best rebounding PGs aside from Rondo in fantasy 
my decision at pick 5 is down to Paul or Cousins. (Assuming Harden is gone)

Leaning Cousins
CP3's contributions are hard to emulate in the later rounds of the draft (10apg/2.5spg), if your league is a 12-team, I'd pass on Cousins because you can get a more decent C in the come around (Horford, Vucevic, Marc Gasol, Millsap etc.)

If somebody is bored I just need ONE more for my league. We could only get 5 so I need one more to make it balance. DM name and email and we can get the draft in an hour from now or later tonight.

H2H btw

Drafted 11th last night in my money league, 12 team H2H. How'd i do?

Derrick Rose
DeMar DeRozan
Rajon Rondo
Michael Carter-Williams
Jabari Parker
Blake Griffin
David Lee
Tyson Chandler
Jordan Hill
Carlos Boozer
Dion Waiters
Wilson Chandler

Drafted 11th last night in my money league, 12 team H2H. How'd i do?

Derrick Rose
DeMar DeRozan
Rajon Rondo
Michael Carter-Williams
Jabari Parker
Blake Griffin
David Lee
Tyson Chandler
Jordan Hill
Carlos Boozer
Dion Waiters
Wilson Chandler

Did you go Blake/Rose first 2 rounds? I think you could have waited on Rose a round later. Overall solid team, but a lot of injury concerns especially with your PGs.

Back
Top Bottom