OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

Whoa relax man I haven't sent anything out yet and I'm just feeling out his value here. It was an auction draft and I got stafford for an absolute steal. A lot of top rb's were kept, and other ones on the board hardly went for great value. I'm just trying to see which rb's are around his value that I should aim for.

You think Stafford is really top-5 this year (in fantasy terms)? I'd aim a lot higher if that's the case

100% Stafford is top 5.

My rankings for 2014 are Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Stafford, Luck

Whoa relax man I haven't sent anything out yet and I'm just feeling out his value here. It was an auction draft and I got stafford for an absolute steal. A lot of top rb's were kept, and other ones on the board hardly went for great value. I'm just trying to see which rb's are around his value that I should aim for.

You think Stafford is really top-5 this year (in fantasy terms)? I'd aim a lot higher if that's the case

100% Stafford is top 5.

My rankings for 2014 are Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Stafford, Luck
Thanks man, I'm going to aim a lot higher then

Stafford is a bomber. He's the modern day Brett Favre. And they just added a big TE and a WR to take pressure off Megatron. That's huge for an offense that already is going to throw for over 600 attempts.

Plus their dual threat run game who also catch passes. In a dome. Stafford is poised for a huge year as long as his shoulder doesn't get dismantled again

Got a text about a money league the other day, drafting tonight
pimp.gif

Free agents on the wire in my 10 man

J. Hill
J. Hunter
D. Freeman
K. Benjamin
Ingram
A . Williams

Anyone make a case for the best overall pickup?

How many years are you guys going on with your leagues and how many times have you won?

I'm going into Year 3 of my family league and I won the first year.

Only in one league. Never got into Fantasy but my cousins talked me into making a family one and I said **** it lets do it.

^ Been playing fantasy football for around 6 years, and running a league between my friends for 4. I've never won it, but I've lost in the championship the last 2 years :smh:. Most other leagues I'm in have only been for 1 or 2 years, but I've won a few of them.

Last edited:
Stafford is a bomber. He's the modern day Brett Favre. And they just added a big TE and a WR to take pressure off Megatron. That's huge for an offense that already is going to throw for over 600 attempts.

Plus their dual threat run game who also catch passes. In a dome. Stafford is poised for a huge year as long as his shoulder doesn't get dismantled again

New more conservative coaching though... I could see Stafford in his usual 4-7 range but could also see an adjustment curve where hes like 10. Guys like romo and cutler leap froggin him. I only would reach for him of I had megatron in fact in one of my leagues ibdid take him n the fifth or earlyy 6th to cook with Calvin

How many years are you guys going on with your leagues and how many times have you won?

Only in one league. Never got into Fantasy but my cousins talked me into making a family one and I said **** it lets do it.

Our two NT leagues have been running since around 08 or 09. One win, two second place finishes :lol: not to offend anyone but these have some of the best from NT. Bunch of regulars and old timers in there.

I'm in year 6 of my main league. Used to be a 16 team league, but we voted to lower it to 14..... we were losing 1 or 2 members every year anyways 
eyes.gif

Started back in 2009. I think my cumulative record is a hair above .500 
tired.gif

In 2011, I started writing the weekly league notes, I was surprised that pretty much everyone read it so it kept me going and as the years went by my league notes got longer and longer to the point to where they are basically essays
laugh.gif
... not really sure if I can keep that up now that I'm out in the work force and not in school anymore.

Last year we started filming the draft lottery so we knew our picks a week or two before the draft; and this year I am introducing a podcast... which can actually be caught live on the UC Davis radio station sporadically in the middle of the night 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

only in one league and been in the league for 3 years. Reached the playoffs but never won the championship. My best chance was probably last year when I had Cam, Vereen, VJax, Antonio Brown, the great Josh Gordon and ran a RB by committee smh. Drafted Doug Martin and Spiller with my first two picks...that didn't turn out well smh.

But it seems like this year, there's really no one team that's lop sided. After 3 years, everyone knows how to draft. So I'm excited to see how this season turns out.

Last edited:

Been in a league with my coworkers going on for 4 years.

Never missed the playoffs nor had a losing regular season record (worse I got was 7-6 during my first year)

Played in back to back championship games but didn't win neither one :smh: I was so close the 2nd time

I think Stafford is top 5-6, but its really hard to trade QBs, especially before the season starts.

You could maybe swing the Reggie Bush trade, but I'd be very surprised if you got Foster. But I'm also VERY low on Richardson
Free agents on the wire in my 10 man

J. Hill
J. Hunter
D. Freeman
K. Benjamin
Ingram
A . Williams

Anyone make a case for the best overall pickup?
At this point, I'd probably go Justin Hunter or KB. Otherwise, Ingram isn't bad if you need to build some RB depth. I think there's a slight chance he gets a bigger role this year.

Year 2 starts tonight. Lost in the first round of the playoffs last year. Ben Tate kept ******* me up. Every week I benched him, he dominated, every week I started, he flopped. Looking to build a winner tonight in my 12 team PPR league. Hoping I could get a combo of Dez/Demaryius and Gio Bernard.

8 team league? how is that even fun
laugh.gif
I feel like 12 man leagues are home.  10 man leagues are the same as 14 man leagues to me.  Dont love them....2 teams too many/few.

I think 8 man leagues are like 16 man leagues.  Both awful.  Teams are waaaaay too stacked/terrible. 
laugh.gif

If you play 8 team, do you. You shouldn't give a **** what any fantasy elitist has to say about it :lol:

I've been running a non-NT 8 teamer for about 8 years now. We go deep - 2 QB's, 4 RB's, 5 WR's, 2 TE's, 2 Flex and 2 Defenses. That **** is fun as hell.

A lot of y'all are playing in leagues with morons, where you get 3 top 15 players in the first 4 rounds. That **** is no fun.

8 team league? how is that even fun
laugh.gif
How is it not fun?  Everyone gets a solid team. There is some half decent players on the waivers if you have an injury, and all 8 people in my league are a close group of friends which makes it more fun.

The 2 other leagues i do are 10 and 12 people, the 8 man one is the most fun for me......

Last edited:
8 teamers with more than the standard positions are the way to go, IMO. (if you have to play in an 8 team league)

if you go with the standard setup or less, it's such a crapshoot when you play all studs :lol:

Last edited:
8 teamers with more than the standard positions are the way to go, IMO. (if you have to play in an 8 team league)

if you go with the standard setup or less, it's such a crapshoot when you play all studs
laugh.gif
yea i agree. 

kinda off topic, but last year i played in this league where the guy who set it up had no idea what he was doing. It was a 12 team league and he added a bunch of extra active roster spots.  like 6 more than standard.

it got to the point where you were scouring the waiver wire to find a couple guys you could play that would at least get you 1 point 
roll.gif

Last edited:
I would not trade Dez for Gronk. Just on the fact that there is health issues for Gronk. If Gronk stays healthy it will be close between Dez and himself. But the health question is hard not to look at. And I do believe Mike Evans will be a decent flex play or a wide receiver 3 in leagues that start 3 wide receivers

Back
Top Bottom