OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

In 2011 I had Matt Stafford as a backup to Aaron Rodgers, last year I had Phil Rivers as a backup to Peyton. I tried to trade both of them for what I saw as appropriate value and no one bit.

Unless you are in league deeper than 12 people you probably aren't going to get a big return on a second quarterback.

Am I crazy for considering starting RG3 over A-Rod this week?
Looking at Seattle's D vs QB stats, not really.

But IMO, with a QB like Rodgers, you shouldn't ever bench him.

Its all in your philosophy of benching players vs tough D's.

Do you do this often?

Griffin going to have to prove to me he's capable of consistent production. With how many other QB's out there I would have never took a risk on Griffin to begin with. I'd keep him locked to the bench until he puts up at least a few weeks of production and passes the eye ball test. Right now he looks a mess.

Rodgers on the other hand faces the toughest week of any QB but I'd still take him, that's how low I feel about Griffin. Plus, for what it's worth Rodgers put up big numbers on SF on the road to open the season last year. Not the same as Seattle but just something to look at.

Never bench your studs IMO.

Griffin is a true risk/reward pick this year.

What you guys think of my team?
Drafted 9th in a 12 team league, standard scoring

QBs:
Tom Brady
Ryan Tannehill

RB:
Alfred Morris
Andre Ellington
Rashad Jennings
Knowshone Moreno
Devonta Freeman

WR:
Dez Bryant
Torrey Smith
Emmanuel Sanders
Brandin Cooks
Andrew Hawkins

TE:
Martellus Bennett
Charles Clay

Def:
Buccaneers

K:
Nate Freese

Back end of both my running backs and receivers are pretty weak I think...

Early for Cameron and MJD. However, you really hit on Ertz and Wheaton. Dobson another pick I like late. Stewart's value is tremendous in the last round.

Thanks for the input. TEs were going quick a bit of a panic pick on my part. MJD was the best talent at rb at that point. Questioning my gamble on Moore but the pick was so late I didn't mind. Streater is still available and he's higher in the depth chart. Well just have to see. Stewart in the last round was the 2nd to the last pick of the draft!!! Not to mention they gifted me Murray early...

trade or nah?

Give: Demarco Murray, Desean Jackson, and Ray Rice

Get: Matt Forte and Jeremy Maclin

the rest of my roster is

WR: Calvin Johnson, Emmanuel Sanders, Hakeem Nicks, and Marvin Jones

RB: Gio Bernard, Trent Richardson(Flex), Jeremy Hill, and Khiry Robinson

i want another WR in return and his are

AJ Green, Victor Cruz, Eric Decker and, Kelvin Benjamin

What do you guys think? Took a two year break from fantasy and joined a 10-team league this season.

1. (3) Adrian Peterson (Min - RB)
2. (18) Brandon Marshall (Chi - WR)
3. (23) Antonio Brown (Pit - WR)
4. (38) C.J. Spiller (Buf - RB)
5. (43) DeSean Jackson (Was - WR)
6. (58) Jay Cutler (Chi - QB)
7. (63) Mike Wallace (Mia - WR)
8. (78) Kyle Rudolph (Min - TE)
9. (83) Seattle (Sea - DEF)
10. (98) Anquan Boldin (SF - WR)
11. (103) Mark Ingram (NO - RB)
12. (118) Jordan Reed (Was - TE)
13. (123) Rueben Randle (NYG - WR)
14. (138) Ben Roethlisberger (Pit - QB)
15. (143) Dan Bailey (Dal - K)

Love my receivers, but I'm a little worried about my RB depth with only AD, Spiller, and Ingram :\

Last edited:
trade or nah?

Give: Demarco Murray, Desean Jackson, and Ray Rice

Get: Matt Forte and Jeremy Maclin

the rest of my roster is

WR: Calvin Johnson, Emmanuel Sanders, Hakeem Nicks, and Marvin Jones

RB: Gio Bernard, Trent Richardson(Flex), Jeremy Hill, and Khiry Robinson

i want another WR in return and his are

AJ Green, Victor Cruz, Eric Decker and, Kelvin Benjamin
No way.

Last edited:
What do you guys think? Took a two year break from fantasy and joined a 10-team league this season.

1. (3) Adrian Peterson (Min - RB)
2. (18) Brandon Marshall (Chi - WR)
3. (23) Antonio Brown (Pit - WR)
4. (38) C.J. Spiller (Buf - RB)
5. (43) DeSean Jackson (Was - WR)
6. (58) Jay Cutler (Chi - QB)
7. (63) Mike Wallace (Mia - WR)
8. (78) Kyle Rudolph (Min - TE)
9. (83) Seattle (Sea - DEF)
10. (98) Anquan Boldin (SF - WR)
11. (103) Mark Ingram (NO - RB)
12. (118) Jordan Reed (Was - TE)
13. (123) Rueben Randle (NYG - WR)
14. (138) Ben Roethlisberger (Pit - QB)
15. (143) Dan Bailey (Dal - K)

Love my receivers, but I'm a little worried about my RB depth with only AD, Spiller, and Ingram :\
Healthy Reed starts over Rudolph. Bit early for Cutler. I'd shore up RB3 as Ingram has limited upside. Even could nab a RB4 to fill out your bench, more robust.

Champ sleeping on Rudolph 
mean.gif

Jay Cutler was on my DO NOT DRAFT list. I cant do it with him anymore. Every year is supposed to be the breakout year, and it never comes.

I think I could have held off on Matt Ryan in the 5th round, gotten Cordarelle and then taken Cutler in the 6th. Whats weird is that everyone is high on Marshall and Alshon but not with Cutler .. but someone has to get the ball to them. Same story with Julio/Roddy/Ryan, AJ/Dalton.

Healthy Reed starts over Rudolph. Bit early for Cutler. I'd shore up RB3 as Ingram has limited upside. Even could nab a RB4 to fill out your bench, more robust.

Was thinking this lineup Week 1:

QB: Cutler
RB1: AD
RB2: Spiller
WR1: Marshall
WR2: Antonio Brown
FLEX: DeSean
TE: Reed
DEF: Seattle
K: Bailey

BENCH:
Mike Wallace
Rudolph
Ingram
Randle
Boldin
Big Ben

Jay Cutler was on my DO NOT DRAFT list. I cant do it with him anymore. Every year is supposed to be the breakout year, and it never comes.

Other side is with five more games with the way that offense was clicking, that's a bottom half top 10 QB. I could see him being top 7 this season.

Even though the Lions secondary sucks I think Suh and those dudes up front will still make Eli crap his pants into a couple interceptions and a fumble...so I'm going with Lions defense this week.

I'll take cutler this year.. Second year under coach trestman, on top of all them weapons on offense.. We're in for a huge year if he stays healthy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom