OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

in my PPR league we have a live draft where computers aren't allowed so i'll be printing out this thread to take with me on draft night :lol:

I like Jordan Reed at TE. Big fan of Gio Bernard but not sure where i wanna take him since Cincy could be spotty with touches at times.

in my PPR league we have a live draft where computers aren't allowed so i'll be printing out this thread to take with me on draft night :lol:

I like Jordan Reed at TE. Big fan of Gio Bernard but not sure where i wanna take him since Cincy could be spotty with touches at times.
Why the hell aren't computers allowed? :lol:

I bring my laptop to every one of my drafts. So clutch having spreadsheets with various types of info on them. Also the internet if you wanna do a quick search on a player. Good luck at that one :lol:.

I kinda like that rule, but it does force you to have AN ABSURD amount of notes.

The last 2 days I've been prepping for my two drafts making excel spread sheets

Anyone have any auction draft tips to share? I'm gonna be in my first auction draft league this year. I've been doing some mock drafts and haven't really found a strategy yet besides spending alot on my RBs :lol:.

Is it a good idea to stream defenses? I feel like taking one in a draft is a waste of a pick.

Is it a good idea to stream defenses? I feel like taking one in a draft is a waste of a pick.
Streaming defenses is the ****. Alot of times the #1 fantasy defense comes out of (semi) nowhere. I've been streaming defenses for the past couple years and it's served me really well. It's all about playing the matchups. 2 seasons ago I got solid points by using the D that was playing against the Jets and Jags each week, and last year around week 4 I stumbled upon the Chiefs D and rode them out for the rest of the season. Sure they had a few bad weeks, but most of the time they were like having a second flex player :lol:.

Last edited:
Anyone have any auction draft tips to share? I'm gonna be in my first auction draft league this year. I've been doing some mock drafts and haven't really found a strategy yet besides spending alot on my RBs :lol:.

lots of research and make sure you have auction values based on your roster and budget.

lots of research and make sure you have auction values based on your roster and budget.
The league I'm talking about is actually the one with some more NTers that you run :lol:. Thanks for the advice though. It's gonna take a few more mocks before I nail down something I'm really comfortable with.

The league I'm talking about is actually the one with some more NTers that you run :lol:. Thanks for the advice though. It's gonna take a few more mocks before I nail down something I'm really comfortable with.

I knew you were referencing it. I was gonna be a jerk but I figure others have the same questions.

I don't think there are many Auction Draft and Keeper Leagues rolled together.

Should be fun

What you guys think of Nick Foles and Tom Brady? Theyve been going in the 6-7th rounds in most of the mock drafts Ive been in. I think Foles will continue to build from last season. Brady and his receivers should be in sync since they have a whole offseason to work together along with Belichick's brilliance.

I favor foles. Brady is a stud but after seeing his receivers fail him almost all year its tough to have too much faith in him. I still think he will do better than last year. Edelman and gronk should be set. As far as noles goes, I think that offense gets no credit for what it did last year. Except for shady mccoy that is. Chip kelly did well in his first season as coach along with noles behind center. I expect more no huddle now that foles has an offseason as their clear starter. Thats just my opinion though.

I favor foles. Brady is a stud but after seeing his receivers fail him almost all year its tough to have too much faith in him. I still think he will do better than last year. Edelman and gronk should be set. As far as noles goes, I think that offense gets no credit for what it did last year. Except for shady mccoy that is. Chip kelly did well in his first season as coach along with noles behind center. I expect more no huddle now that foles has an offseason as their clear starter. Thats just my opinion though.

The amount of Noles in your reply gave me a headache.

I have the 3rd and 7th picks in the 1st round of my $100 buy in league this year. 
pimp.gif

What you guys think of Nick Foles and Tom Brady? Theyve been going in the 6-7th rounds in most of the mock drafts Ive been in. I think Foles will continue to build from last season. Brady and his receivers should be in sync since they have a whole offseason to work together along with Belichick's brilliance.
Brady comfortably. Gronk back and I expect a big year from Dobson. Assuming Amendola stays somewhat healthy and Edelman continues providing an insurance outlet. Thompkins improves similarly to Dobson.

I like Brady a lot this year too, especially where you can get him at. I read something saying that NE receivers were tackled inside the 5 yard line like 7 times last season. Sort of what happened to Stafford 2 years ago.

With Gronk back and the young guys improving I expect a bounce-back year like Stafford had last year.

I don't believe in Dobson or Thompkins one bit. Foles might not put up the exact same numbers he put up last year but I don't think they'll be far off, and I fully believe in Chip Kelly, McCoy and all those weapons they have in Philly. Plus every defense in their division is trash....they should continue putting up a ton of points.

If Gronk is healthy for all 16 games it would change everything for Brady but that's a big if.

Last edited:
Best website/place for info, rankings, etc? ESPN and Yahoo! are always the same.

I predict a big year for Stafford also but he's been going in the 4th round in most drafts..Think theres better value with Luck if you wait one more rd

Think I may be changing up my strategy this yr when it comes to drafting RBs. I usually choose 2 within the first three rounds but last yr I drafted guys like Spiller, Martin, Rice and got burned. This yr If I do no get a top 5 picks (McCoy, Charles, Forte, AP or Lacey) then I will be going for a solid WR in the first two rounds. With the NFL becoming more of a passing league and coaches splitting duties among RBs I font think they are worth much of the risk. But hey what do I kno lol

Back
Top Bottom