OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

My intention is to catch up with advice on this entire thread (30 pages) this weekend.

Im drafting in a ppr league in a couple of weeks. They give .5 points per completion any advice. My first ppr league. Found it via NT. Im drafting in the 8th spot out of 12. Thinking about going two wrs. Or if dmurr makes it to second round going that round. Yahoo 3wrs 2 rbs no flex. How do ppr drafts usually go
I wouldn't necessarily overvalue the receiver position just because it's PPR format. WR is a deep and talented pool that owners can fortunately wait to address. I wouldn't say the same for the RB pool. PPR inflates the value of guys like Megatron, Jimmy, Gio, Vereen, Marshall, Antonio Brown, etc.

How many fantasy football leagues are too many?. Did one two years ago(rookie). 2 last year. Im in three money and one for fun this year. Had to drop out one that was for fun already.
I've done 8-12 in years past and burnt out by mid-season. My goal was to win them all and that clearly did not happen.

Hey Fam. Can you guys rate my team that I drafted? NFL.com Standard Scoring. I had the third pick. (DEF was Texans, Browns)
View media item 1135513
Like your team. If I had to nitpick, I would upgrade the WR1 position. Cobb is your best receiver and should be starting over CP and Dre. Andre Johnson has never scored an abundance of TD. CP is a vogue pick, could disappoint with such high expectations. Definitely drop one of your defenses, no need to carry two. I would probably keep Cleveland just slightly over Houston. Bench depth is nice with Miller, Sankey, and Floyd. Also would recommend upgrading the TE position. Graham is not a top-25 TE.

View media item 113562510 team PPR 4pt passing TD... I'm not unhappy.
This dude really did this? TE surplus, monopoly on the position. Stacking Jimmy and Gronk cripples the other owners. Brady that late is great. I find his reported demise to be over-reported. He's still a clear top-10 QB for me. Gio and Vereen a nice one-two punch at RB in PPR. I love Bernard this season, especially in your format. I understand but don't love the Pierre Thomas pick. Robinson and Travaris will show up Thomas IMO. Don't know how you got CP after Floyd, but good news for you. Cobb a healthy contributor in PPR. West a high-value selection.

Pick 8 , 12 team,PPR league
I have been going back and forth on who I should pick in 1st and 2nd round. Should I go back to back Elite WRs if avail ( like Calvin,Dez,DT,Marshall,Graham) type or should I pick up a RB (Lacy/Lynch/Bell are expected to fall to that point. Figured if I go 2 Elite receivers, I can probably survive with like Rashad Jennings, Chris Johnson, Joique Bell, Andre Ellington tier players. Thoughts?
Ellington is your best bet as a faux RB1, but I don't think you'll win the league with any of those guys listed as your top RB. Try to go WR/RB or RB/WR instead, to not overload the receiver position while crippling your starting RB's.

man this the year im trusting my gut and banking on guys like golden tate, hunter, T-williams and maclin to be fantasy gawds.
Completely with you on Hunter and Williams.

I think I just made a decision to take gronk in the second or third round.

Risk it for the bisquit.

My main league draft day is today. Any ideas on a fun activity or game to decide draft order on short notice?
R2 a bit too early for my taste on Gronk, but good luck. Trust your intuition.

Should I pick up Hunter? I'll list my bench.. who should I drop for him. Joique Bell, Lamar Miller, Cordarrelle Patterson, Bishop Sankey, Michael Floyd and then I have Texans and Browns defense. (Standard, 10 Team NFL.com League). Who should I drop for Hunter?
Drop one of your defenses, preferably Houston, for Hunter.

i remember picking K. Thompkins last year and everyone was silent and like... uh who the hell is that? :lol: they didnt even have his name on the paper at Bdubbs

yall let me down with that one
I take responsibility for some of that. I oversold Thompkins last year.

So I should definitely takeunter or should I take Tavon Austin guys?
Hunter over Austin. Don't trust Sammy getting the football to Tavon consistently.

Wait, Terrance Williams and Terrance West are still available.. Either of them or Justin Hunter?
Williams, West, Hunter. My order.

10 teams. And I drafted 2 defenses because then I never have to face a tough team each week. Like since i have the texans and the browns this is their schedule. 
View media item 1135953
If you mix and match their schedules this is the teams that I would face every week for my defense in fantasy. As you see theres not really a hard team that my defense have to face if I used this system, creating more opportunities for more points
Only carry one defense. You can plug and play when your lone D has a bad weekly matchup.

Thomas or Gronk at the TE? I'm leaning Thomas.. dude just has that chemistry with Peyton. Thomas is hardly mentioned in here, it's usually Jimmy and Gronk for good reason of course

For some reason I'm just not sold on Gronk's health
Head says Orange Julius. He likely won't get double-digit TD again, but Thomas carries far less injury risk and history.

Anyone knows any good rankings for .5 PPR leagues?
I'm building my list this weekend.

First draft today 16 team PPR auction draft.

Good to have football back.
Hope it went well.

Do you guys think there's any risk taking Peyton with #8 overall? Obviously there's risk with every pick, but I don't want to draft him and then his neck issues come back. I'm leaning towards taking Graham because he's the "safe" pick.

I'm pretty high on Luck this year and i've been able to snag him in round 5 in most of my mocks after getting my RB's & WR's. If I take Peyton then my RB/WR positions will be a little weaker.
If that's your thought process, go Jimmy first-round. Make sure you get Luck, even if you have to reach slightly (R4).

Call me crazy but I have all intentions on taking Peyton at 4 in my $$$ league next Saturday. Not liking Forte or lacey
I would never take Peyton over Forte and Lacy at #4, unless it's two-QB start or 6-point passing TD. Peyton's a late-first at best, but more usually slotted in the second-round.

Forte is a player I refuse to draft. I've taken him high before and was a huge disappointment.

Thoughts on my team? First time playing fantasy football, first time doing an auction draft. Really had no idea what I was doing, it felt a lot different than basketball and baseball. Just started picking players I liked to watch after a while 
laugh.gif

Forte balled out for me last year. Very consistent. Was PPR though...
forte w\has been a a top ppr back for a few years, last year he was allowed the ball on goal line touches...makes him that much more valuable if thats the way itll be this year

had my draft today for a keeper league, 12 team ppr. pretty much got everyone i wanted except for jordan cameron. had the chance to take AP but i went with my gut and drafted forte. had the 5th pick btw...

QB - cam newton
WR - jordy nelson
WR - antonio brown
RB - matt forte
RB - toby gerhart
TE - charles clay
FLEX - michael floyd

BN - frank gore
BN - justin hunter
BN - lamar miller
BN - josh gordon
BN - travis kelce
BN - phillip rivers

K - adam vinatieri
DEF - tampa bay

Last edited:
I have a trade offer on the table Gio Bernard for Keenan Allen. Here's how my WR's and RB's look:

RB1 - Eddie Lacy

RB2 - Joique Bell

RB - Chris Ivory

WR- Alshon Jeffery

WR - Keenan Allen

WR - Kelvin Benjamin

WR - Cecil Shorts III

What do you guys think about the trade?

I have a trade offer on the table Gio Bernard for Keenan Allen. Here's how my WR's and RB's look:

RB1 - Eddie Lacy
RB2 - Joique Bell
RB - Chris Ivory

WR- Alshon Jeffery
WR - Keenan Allen
WR - Kelvin Benjamin
WR - Cecil Shorts III

Sealed, signed, delivered.

^ do it

And I still think that AP should be drafted ahead of Forte in all formats. The top three is all preference.

Thanks guys. I was leaning that way, but just wanted to get some other opinions before making the move. I think Allen will have a good year tho.

Just finished my 16 team draft. A lot of WR's went real early in my draft (D.Jax, Nelson, Jefferey all in 1st roundd). It was a keeper leagye and these were the players that ended up being kept: J. Charles, Cobb, Megatron, Peyton, Matt Ryan, Julio, Stafford, Rodgers, Brees, McCoy, AJ Green, B. Marshall, Brady, Dez, AD, and Jimmy Graham.

I had 13th pick and no second round pick. I def need to upgrade my WR somehow. PPR

QB: Peyton, Locker
RB: Reggie, Vereen, S. Jax, Terrance West
WR: Terrance Williams, Nicks, Justin Hunter, Jordan Matthews.
TE: Gronk, Eifert
K: Gostkowski
DST: Bengals

Last edited:
Zac Stacy came off the bench in favor of Cunningham today...any reason for concern? Cunningham's an obvious handcuff but I just wanted to ask :lol:

RB1 - Eddie Lacy
RB2 - Joique Bell
RB - Chris Ivory

WR- Alshon Jeffery
WR - Keenan Allen
WR - Kelvin Benjamin
WR - Cecil Shorts III

That's a no brainer, pull the trigger

Just finished my 16 team draft. A lot of WR's went real early in my draft (D.Jax, Nelson, Jefferey all in 1st roundd). It was a keeper leagye and these were the players that ended up being kept: J. Charles, Cobb, Megatron, Peyton, Matt Ryan, Julio, Stafford, Rodgers, Brees, McCoy, AJ Green, B. Marshall, Brady, Dez, AD, and Jimmy Graham.

I had 13th pick and no second round pick. I def need to upgrade my WR somehow. PPR

QB: Peyton, Locker
RB: Reggie, Vereen, S. Jax, Terrance West
WR: Terrance Williams, Nicks, Justin Hunter, Jordan Matthews.
TE: Gronk, Eifert
K: Gostkowski
DST: Bengals

You gotta trade peyton man.

4th pick. 1 PPR

was fairly happy until it was time to take my RB2 :lol: was either going for ben tate or joquie bell. consecutively picked before my pick. panicked and took sankey :smh:

hoping that one of my extra guys pans out and i can flip to upgrade my TE and RB2 situation. pretty meh about my team

View media item 1148072

Back
Top Bottom