OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

My team was stacked last year. No way I can draft anywhere close to last season this year. :smh:

Still pretty excited to get this season going tho :smokin

I was told that I have the number 1 draft pick in a 12 team league. I hate the 1st pick

Shady or AP is the question now

^^^ Id go Shady

took AP last year w/ number 1 pick.. and i must say he was a let down

Id still consider him but I think its between AP is consistent and Shady is just explosive in the Chip Kelly offense and is always a danger cause of the pieces around him
Charles is slotted third overall by most at RB. Just wanted to make sure you weren't at least considering him for the top pick. Not easy to differentiate between AP and Shady either.

I give AP a slight edge just because you gotta figure the Sproles pickup affects Shady somewhat, even if it's not by a huge margin.

Sproles has been on the decline and he's on the wrong side of 30. I don't expect much from him but in Chip Kelly's offense he might be rejuvenated a bit.

Tough call between Shady && AD. I'd probably go Shady if I had to choose today, but I'm really looking forward to seeing how Peterson benefits with Norv up in Minny as well.

I'd go with AP because I'm a total homer. But it's really not a stretch considering reports are AP will heavily be involved in the passing game. Lesean killed it last year. :pimp: You really can't go wrong with either three really.

Can we talk about defenses for a second? Aside from Sea, SF, and KC who's the 2nd tier? I'd put Bengals in their too but not sure how they'll do losing a coach like Zimmer.

Panthers D gotta be in that top tier right with SEA && SF for sure.

Cards D is also a tier 2 unit at worst IMO

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree with the Panthers, Cards.

Rams can definitely be disruptive.. their secondary is kind of weak though.

Three of the best defensive teams from the NFC West :x

I can see why the Broncos are rated highly.. but not too big on drafting them.

Funny how I got my roster to be like this within hours of the league draft ending

Had Forte, Ridley, Terrance Williams, and Romo

Traded Forte/Romo for Rodgers

Traded Ridley for Le'Veon Bell (Which I believe will turn out to be an equal trade for the other guy at the end of the season)

Traded Edelman for Terrance Williams

Working on that Cobb trade though for someone else
nerd.gif

8 Team League by the way

Last edited:
Sproles has been on the decline and he's on the wrong side of 30. I don't expect much from him but in Chip Kelly's offense he might be rejuvenated a bit.
exactly my thoughts. Ill still pick up sproles as a cuff but hes not going to do too much damage to shady's value

As a rule of thumb, in a 12 team league, which round should you go with a QB? I came in 3rd place last season (my first money league) and I drafted Rodgers either 2nd or 3rd round. I found that was a huge mistake as I could have had much better value in a RB or WR because there were plenty productive QB's as free agents all season.

We do a 2 RB's and 2 WR's and a FLEX

I've done a ton of mocks and seen Matt Ryan and even Brady fall as late as the 6th or 7th round

I'm going to stay away from a QB during the first 5 rounds easy

As a rule of thumb, in a 12 team league, which round should you go with a QB? I came in 3rd place last season (my first money league) and I drafted Rodgers either 2nd or 3rd round. I found that was a huge mistake as I could have had much better value in a RB or WR because there were plenty productive QB's as free agents all season.

For me, I'd probably start looking for my QB no earlier than the 4th or 5th round or so if I'm in a 12-team league, && the QB pool is so deep this year that you could probably grab a quality starter up until the 8th round or so. But I guess it depends on who you're targeting at QB, as well as the flow of the draft (if a run on QBs suddenly happens, etc.)

I think it's best to focus on getting a nice RB/WR base within your first 3 or 4 picks.

Last edited:
Depends on the scoring in the league as well. If TD passes/rushes/receptions are all 6 points, then you might prefer to get a Rodgers or Manning because they have a great chance to throw for 30+ TD's, which no RB/WR will be touching. Other Q's will do that, of course, but no one with the same certainty as those two.

I've done a ton of mocks and seen Matt Ryan and even Brady fall as late as the 6th or 7th round

I'm going to stay away from a QB during the first 5 rounds easy
True but come draft day you'll see Brady gone by then

Yesterday in a mock I got Brady in the 8th round

Thanks for the responses guys, to answer 651's post, looks like my league was 4 points for QB pass TD's, while rushing TD's and receiving TD's were 6 points. I definitely will not take a QB until I get 2 of each solid RB's and WR's at the very least.

Last edited:

Depends where your drafting and who you targeting

I like to get my RB and WR first then I'll look to see whos on the board and see if you I should shoot for a flex or go for QB

I generally take QB in the 6-8th rounds

You can definitely get someone like russel,colin,brady (this is based off my own mocks) in the 6-8 rounds

Hell you'll be able to get Andy Dalton in later rounds as well and hes a decent option if youre team is nicely solidified in RB/WR

Depends where your drafting and who you targeting

I like to get my RB and WR first then I'll look to see whos on the board and see if you I should shoot for a flex or go for QB

I generally take QB in the 6-8th rounds

You can definitely get someone like russel,colin,brady (this is based off my own mocks) in the 6-8 rounds

Hell you'll be able to get Andy Dalton in later rounds as well and hes a decent option if youre team is nicely solidified in RB/WR
This is exactly what I'm thinking for this season. Last year there were free agent QB's all season long who were producing big numbers anyway.. I really didn't need to reach for a QB so early on.

Yea, I forgot about the scoring aspect for a second. Been playing under the 6 pt/passing TD value for QBs for so long now that I forgot that the standard/default is usually 4.

Back
Top Bottom