OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

Don't mind him as a buy-low Flex option, but Danny doesn't grab TD. Healthy or not.
Stafford and Rivers are adequate, but in a two-QB start league you might have went that position slightly too late. My urgency amps up for a Rodgers, Peyton, or Brees. Even Luck, when it comes to two-QB start leagues. Sick RB's, you probably have the best combo even for 8 teams. Jeffery and Allen present upside, to build on their '13 seasons. I feel Jimmy might have been a slight blunder. I'm publicly outspoken against going TE too early. Wonder what QB's were available when your second-round selection came around. Reed is going to end up starting over Tate.
Felt I was ahead of the curve tooting Floyd's horn and buying him cheaply last season. Paying him to be a top-25 fantasy WR doesn't present the same appealing value. I'd honestly rather take my chances later in the draft on Terrance Williams, Nuk, Dobson, and Kendall Wright.

Yeah, when I took Graham, Luck, Foles, Wilson, Brady, RGIII, Kaep, Stafford, Cutler were available. Personally, I think Stafford is going to out perform almost every QB this season outside of the top 3. I see 5000+ and 40 TDs with the way they are going to throw the ball and all the weapons he has.

The Graham pick I was torn on myself, it was between Graham and Brandon Marshall. I was hoping if I grabbed Graham, I would be able to get Julio Jones on the come around but he was snatched the pick right before me I settled with Alshon. That's why I'm really hoping Josh gets his suspension lowered, if he does I think my team will dominate.

I hope a decision on Gordon isn't reached for another week so I can snag him late :lol:

Got my big money draft on Sunday.

Last edited:
Someone took him in the 10th in my draft. 
laugh.gif
 But it was the person who basically sold all of his 2015 picks last year to be able to compete at the end of 2014.

Dude had like 5 10th round picks, his first pick wasn't until the 5th or 6th.

Someone took him in the 10th in my draft. :lol:  But it was the person who basically sold all of his 2015 picks last year to be able to compete at the end of 2014.

Dude had like 5 10th round picks, his first pick wasn't until the 5th or 6th.
It's likely Gordon's suspension will be reduced, just a matter of how many games.

Pretty sick for those who can scoop him up.  Guy in my league took him in the 10th just to get him at the back of the 2nd keeper tier... He'll keep him next year in the 10th and then the year after he becomes a 6th. The value's there for him since he tanked this season.

Pretty sick for those who can scoop him up.  Guy in my league took him in the 10th just to get him at the back of the 2nd keeper tier... He'll keep him next year in the 10th and then the year after he becomes a 6th. The value's there for him since he tanked this season.
If that's the case, you nab Boykin?

No, Boyk went somewhere around 11-12... I didn't have any picks from the early 9th until the 13th and at that pt I had one more roster slot to fill before K and DEF.

I picked him up off FA last year and the dude who did our power rankings video that week was giving me **** about it like "He just picked up some unknown WR that no ones ever heard of... Lets see how that works out for him..." and the next week I played that dude and Boyk put up like 14-16 solid points. 
pimp.gif

He'll definitely get his looks... I want to get on Davonte this year but aside from Cobb, WR Rookies on Green Bay haven't gotten a ton of burn under this regime. 

I picked him up off FA last year and the dude who did our power rankings video that week was giving me **** about it like "He just picked up some unknown WR that no ones ever heard of... Lets see how that works out for him..." and the next week I played that dude and Boyk put up like 14-16 solid points. :pimp:

He'll definitely get his looks... I want to get on Davonte this year but aside from Cobb, WR Rookies on Green Bay haven't gotten a ton of burn under this regime. 
Someone has to eat James Jones' numbers, and Boykin already saw 82 targets last year.

^ Around this time of year even if I go out and drink with my boys we'll just be arguing about fantasy the whole time anyway :lol: :lol:.
Majority of my inner-circle are Cowboys and Giants supporters. My best bud from college is Washington, good amount of Jets fans I socialize with too. Point being, only support for Philly football comes from my brothers.
Damn that's rough :lol:. Can't stand Cowboys fans :smh:. One of my boys is a Giants fan, another is a Panthers fan (random :\) other than that we're all Birds die-hards :pimp:.

Word is Richard Rodgers has been doing well in camp. Moves well for his size, which is bigger than youd expect. Only thing lacking is straight line speed.

Damn that's rough :lol:. Can't stand Cowboys fans :smh:. One of my boys is a Giants fan, another is a Panthers fan (random :\) other than that we're all Birds die-hards :pimp:.
Where did Carolina come from?

Word is Richard Rodgers has been doing well in camp. Moves well for his size, which is bigger than youd expect. Only thing lacking is straight line speed.
Yes, sir. Flagging him and Adrien Robinson from the G-Men.

Also, I hope to god that Lacy doesn't get hurt... but if he does, James Starks was running like a train vs Titans the other night in that slop.

Dude is a very solid handcuff.

Where did Carolina come from?
No clue :lol:. When we were younger (elementary/middle school age) a bunch of kids from my neighborhood somehow got jobs down in Carolina for Panthers training camp. Again, no clue how that happened. A bunch of kids from inner city Philly working for the Panthers :lol:. I believe his older brother worked there one Summer so maybe that's why he started liking them.

Every year I always hate my team after my draft, but usually end up near the top of the league. This year I got added to a standard league (I usually do PPR). Not a big fan of my team at the moment. Any advice on who I should be looking to move, what I need, etc? Thanks guys!

QB - Foles
RB - Charles
RB - Ellington
WR - Marshall
WR - Fitz
TE - Julius Thomas
Flex - Rueben Randle
D - Chiefs
K - Vinatieri

BEN - Rice
BEN - Michael Floyd
BEN - Kendall Wright
BEN - Lamar Miller
BEN - Blount
BEN - Antonio Gates
BEN - Justin Hunter

For those of you who do keeper leagues. Can you explain exactly how your leagues work? Im the commissioner of my league this year and all my friends want to make it a keeper from here on forward. Currently, I made it so if you want to keep your first round draft pick from this year ie. Lesean McCoy, it will cost you your second round draft pick next year. We are going to do three keepers per team. Is that a sound strategy? I'd love to here other alternatives too.

No clue :lol:. When we were younger (elementary/middle school age) a bunch of kids from my neighborhood somehow got jobs down in Carolina for Panthers training camp. Again, no clue how that happened. A bunch of kids from inner city Philly working for the Panthers :lol:. I believe his older brother worked there one Summer so maybe that's why he started liking them.
Makes sense. I've got an acquaintance who is pro-Panthers and LSU. Don't ask me how.

Every year I always hate my team after my draft, but usually end up near the top of the league. This year I got added to a standard league (I usually do PPR). Not a big fan of my team at the moment. Any advice on who I should be looking to move, what I need, etc? Thanks guys!

QB - Foles
RB - Charles
RB - Ellington
WR - Marshall
WR - Fitz
TE - Julius Thomas
Flex - Rueben Randle
D - Chiefs
K - Vinatieri

BEN - Rice
BEN - Michael Floyd
BEN - Kendall Wright
BEN - Lamar Miller
BEN - Blount
BEN - Antonio Gates
BEN - Justin Hunter
I'm one of the few cool on Foles. I feel he is vulnerable to a sophomoric-like slump. Charles means you had a top-3 pick. Ellington is high-reward potential, but I like you backed him up with Rice in case. Miller is nothing to overlook with Lazor running the O in Miami.

Your receivers are very good, although Marshall's value increases in PPR formats. Randle has OBJ and Jernigan breathing down his neck. Time to show and prove. I've bet on him for a while now. This is the make-or-break season. Floyd and Wright have good value, depth. Hunter could be the biggest dark horse considering I expect him to produce similar to what fantasy experts are projecting for CP.

My only suggestion is to find a reliable upgrade from Foles. Luck would be clutch.

Back
Top Bottom