OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

Guise, I need your advice on a trade offer.

SEND: Julio Jones

RECEIVE: Emmanuel Sanders, Brandon LaFell

LMK what you all think. My WR's as of now: Jones, Hopkins, Wallace, James Jones, Justin Hunter, and Wes Welker.

Guise, I need your advice on a trade offer.

SEND: Julio Jones
RECEIVE: Emmanuel Sanders, Brandon LaFell

LMK what you all think. My WR's as of now: Jones, Hopkins, Wallace, James Jones, Justin Hunter, and Wes Welker.

Is it a keeper league? If not I'd probably do it cause Sanders is putting up close to top 5 production right now and Lafell will give you another starter if Hopkins value goes down with Mallett.

It isn't a keeper league, what makes me hesitant is that the other guy has Jordy Nelson...not sure if giving him Julio on top of an already stacked squad would help me long term.

I've got to sleep on this one I think, but Im leaning towards taking it right now.

Sanders is giving you the same amount if not more production than Julio right now. The offense he's in gives him way more opportunities to score. Julio isn't even in the like top 20 in red zone opportunities for the year for receivers.

uh oh ... Palmer just signed a new contract extension or whatever .

prob gonna suck it up the rest of the season. 

Players never produce like projected or expected after they ink a new deal/more money (in any sport)

Players never produce like projected or expected after they ink a new deal/more money (in any sport)
tell that to Klay Thompson who went ham after signing for 70 mil 
laugh.gif

He aint just gonna start tanking in the middle of the year when they have one of the best records 
laugh.gif

Maybe if it were the offseason and he signed it you'd have a point

Here's what I've been saying about vetoing trades...it's just dumb (unless you can ABSOLUTELY prove that there is cheating)...

Here's what Matthew Berry said about it in his latest love/hate...

I've written about this before but it's among the subjects I feel the most passionate about. No trade should ever be vetoed; only in cases when there is clear and provable collusion between two owners should a trade be overturned. Otherwise, a trade must stand. Always. No matter what.

Part of the fun of fantasy football is that we all have different opinions on players. And no one can predict the future. A Week 1 deal of Calvin Johnson  for Jeremy Maclin would have been laughed at, but in Week 10, the Maclin owner is loving life and the Calvin owner is hoping it's not too late to salvage something. So something that seems lopsided to you might not be lopsided in the future. Or seem lopsided to someone else.

It's not your job to manage someone else's team. Everyone should be allowed to manage their own team, even if it's badly. You don't think he got nearly enough for his star quarterback? So what? Not your team, not your quarterback. Again: The person dealing him thought he got a good deal, that's all that matters. Everyone should be allowed to manage their own teams however they see fit. Even if it's not in a way you agree with.

The art of negotiation is a skill. It's part of fantasy football, just like drafting, waiver wire pickups, making starting lineup decisions. It's a skill and part of what you need to be a successful owner. And it should be rewarded, not punished or neutralized.

There's a special level of hell reserved for the people who veto just because it's a deal that didn't involve them or because "it's part of their strategy." That's not strategy, it's being a jerk. Win on the virtual field, not in some technocratic loophole

Been going back and forth with my lineup this week. I'm at the point where I'm over thinking it. Help me out.

Ryan or Wilson?

Pick two. Standard scoring.

M. Bryant
V. Jackson
OBJ

Thanks.

Coming from a Bucs fan.....Matt Ryan, Julio and Roddy should all feast tomorrow. Hell, atleast one of their RB's should get in on the fun too. The Bucs are waaay more of a mess than the Falcons. The defense is so bad that every game I see a guy out there for us that I had no idea even existed, let alone be on the field for us.

Last edited:
Idk what to expect from McCown but Evans has been killing and the Falcons defense is probably just as bad as the Bucs. Roddy will probably have a big day though with Verner being out cause that means Banks will be on Julio and some random scrub will be on Roddy. It's a toss up which one will have the better game.

I wonder how Golden's production will look tomorrow with Johnson returning

Should I FLEX Golden Tate vs. Dolphins or Eddie Lacy vs. Bears

Back
Top Bottom