OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

Auburn has 2 natty appearances in the past 5 years. Idgaf about them having an OT win over Auburn.

Cincinnati repeatedly lined up w/ 6 in the box and I was like why the hell don't they just give Yearby & Walton the rock.

The by the time the 2nd half came Cincy's DL had all the confidence in the world @ Coley was content to throw it around the lot :smh:

Lol good thing I don't get mad at sports in general anymore.

UM lost and life goes on. UM hasn't been good for years. Until then, I just watch the games and laugh at stupidity. Just like I do with the Dolphins.

UM might possibly never be the same UM from the past and I'm okay with that. It is what it is.

Heat season is right around the corner!

Does Miami have the money to pay a higher tier coach? Charlie Strong makes more than double what Golden does.

They do but they are cheap
Just always thought Miami became what they were in spite of what the school's administration provides. They don't have the facilities or the stadium big programs do they're just in the middle of one of the best recruiting territories in the country. After watching the 30 for 30s they make the school seem like the last thing they wanted was football success.

They do but they are cheap
Just always thought Miami became what they were in spite of what the school's administration provides. They don't have the facilities or the stadium big programs do they're just in the middle of one of the best recruiting territories in the country. After watching the 30 for 30s they make the school seem like the last thing they wanted was football success.

That was the past. We need to stop living in the past. Just because it worked back then doesn't mean it'll work now. I'm tired of hearing people rationalize our lack of spending on essential components of a football program by saying "we won 5 titles despite not having nice things." Okay? Great, but times have changed and kids aren't buying into this 30 year old "swagger." Nowadays, if you want to be good you have to open up the checkbook. Just because we started in the gutter doesn't mean we have to stay there.

Last edited:
That was the past. We need to stop living in the past. Just because it worked back then doesn't mean it'll work now. I'm tired of hearing people rationalize our lack of spending on essential components of a football program by saying "we won 5 titles despite not having nice things." Okay? Great, but times have changed and kids aren't buying into this 30 year old "swagger." Nowadays, if you want to be good you have to open up the checkbook. Just because we started in the gutter doesn't mean we have to stay there.
Pretty much this.

That's exactly my point the school has never backed the program financially like a program that had that kind of success should. You can't sell championships and swagger from when these kids were 2 or 3 years old. The competition caught up and has more money to spend. Alabama, Georgia, FSU and Florida can offer more to top players and coaches. You can no longer be a top football program on the cheap.

Trying to explain this to my friends is beyond frustrating. They think exactly like this and they refuse to budge from this thought process. Like, UM JUST got practice lights for their field. The job offers no incentive to want to coach when they are so behind on many things. The days of being cheap don't exist anymore.

Last edited:
Lol good thing I don't get mad at sports in general anymore.

UM lost and life goes on. UM hasn't been good for years. Until then, I just watch the games and laugh at stupidity. Just like I do with the Dolphins.

UM might possibly never be the same UM from the past and I'm okay with that. It is what it is.

Heat season is right around the corner!

****** sports seasons will really force you to reevaluate things and make sure that sports are put in their proper place in your life's hierarchy.

Had to do that during the end of the Bowden era.

Last edited:
The point is its not the best talent but there's enough talent that you shouldn't lose to UVA, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh etc...

Your hire any good coach with this team and the results are different.

You don't need fancy facilities to win championships. What you don't have enough elliptical machines in the weight room? Wahh! This is football! You sound like a bunch of wusses that never had your hand in the dirt!

Roll damn tide!

Last edited:
How were Butch, Dennis, Jimmy's staff compensated in comparison to the rest of CFB at the time?  Generally, you can't win and be cheap both ways. 

Miami could still probably win today if they hit on a HC hire, and were willing to open the checkbook to hire and retain good assistants.  I don't think CFB now is all that different from what it was 15 years ago.  

This is a really cool Miami football thread.

Enough already. We played in the only CFB game last night so naturally we're going to dominate the discussion today. This thread will go back to normal tomorrow when the rest of the country plays.

The crazy thing is that they want Golden fired and want Strong to replace him. As if Strong is doing wonderful things at a power program currently.

Is it even worth the gamble, to roll the dice on another unproven coach?

Look, the problem with the Miami's and Texas' of the college football world, is that 8-9 wins is a down season. Can't just get a mook off the street, or one who failed in the NFL. Takes you to the conference championship game to get blown out and leads you consistently to second tier bowls despite having a solid QB for 3 years. 10 wins and no BCS bowls doesn't cut it at some schools. If you are a Miami fan and a Texas fan, sure times are rough, take your lumps, but be happy you don't root for a school where mediocrity is celebrated.

8)

The crazy thing is that they want Golden fired and want Strong to replace him. As if Strong is doing wonderful things at a power program currently.

Is it even worth the gamble, to roll the dice on another unproven coach?

Look, the problem with the Miami's and Texas' of the college football world, is that 8-9 wins is a down season. Can't just get a mook off the street, or one who failed in the NFL. Takes you to the conference championship game to get blown out and leads you consistently to second tier bowls despite having a solid QB for 3 years. 10 wins and no BCS bowls doesn't cut it at some schools. If you are a Miami fan and a Texas fan, sure times are rough, take your lumps, but be happy you don't root for a school where mediocrity is celebrated.

8)
You see tho with some miami fans. Their starting to accept mediocrity. Expecting just a coastal title is fine to them.

I'll take a few 9 win seasons if that builds to something bigger.

Now If you're winning 9 games every year you're going nowhere.

Strong is a name that's been thrown around, but we want anyone who can right the ship. He was just an interesting name because of his ability to recruit in Florida, strong defense, and the fact that he won in the ACC with Louisville. He's also unlikely, since Texas probably won't let him go.  

Back
Top Bottom