OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

‏@espn: Every one of Nick Saban's recruiting classes at Alabama has won at least one #NationalChampionship.

That excellence. Hate Bama but I can't even hate on greatness

Last edited:
All of this....but he needs to go to the right situation like Pete Carroll did

Yep. Not a lot of great situations like that though.

Its going to be the big market teams that go for him, and I don't know if thats the right move.

I certainly wouldn't mind him as my coach when my Rams come back to LA.

Anyone think Saban is going back to the NFL eventually or has he already said he's done with that..not sure if I'd ever leave Bama. Dude is going down as the GOAT CFB coach man.

for sure. He's not finishing his career in Tuscaloosa. No way.

He needs one more challenge.

He is the GOD.

Work starts tomorrow at 615am

is it true that he wanted to sign brees over culpepper?

Sabah won't go to the nfl. He realized in Miami that he can't have full control over grown men making money. They just didn't believe in him like younger men would. He will always stay in cfb

I don't think Clemson Clemsoned tonight. Did they give up some big plays? Yes, but they didn't choke this game away. Nick pulling a Les Miles on that onside kick showed me just how evenly matched these teams were. I don't think Nick takes that risk if he felt like Clemson's offense could be stopped.

Sabah won't go to the nfl. He realized in Miami that he can't have full control over grown men making money. They just didn't believe in him like younger men would. He will always stay in cfb

He will adjust this time around. Miami wasn't the best place for him.

Anyone think Saban is going back to the NFL eventually or has he already said he's done with that..not sure if I'd ever leave Bama. Dude is going down as the GOAT CFB coach man.

He is the GOD.

Work starts tomorrow at 615am
is it true that he wanted to sign brees over culpepper?

I agree. A good comparison though is Pete Carroll how he was trash in the NFL before going to USC before heading to the Seahawks and won a ship. I feel like he HAD to do that and it just so happen to work out after the Reggie Bush scandal.

Feel like Saban wants to take the Coach K route and just leave a CFB coaching legacy. A lot of respect for dude

He probably would adjust but the NFL is just a different monster. Nick hates losing and given how he bolted from Miami when things got rough, I don't see him sticking around long enough to build a contender.

[quote name="casper90403"][quote name="RoOk"]Anyone think Saban is going back to the NFL eventually or has he already said he's done with that..not sure if I'd ever leave Bama. Dude is going down as the GOAT CFB coach man.[/quote]for sure. He's not finishing his career in Tuscaloosa. No way.

He needs one more challenge.[/quote]I must be cut from a different cloth, because if I were in his shoes, I'm staying to try for more titles, and then more.

My 'next challenge' would be making sure the conversation does not go like this after I'm dead: "Yeah, John Doe is nice, but Saban's 5 will be tough to trump. Maybe he can, though."

My 'next challenge' will be making sure it goes like this: "Yeah, John Doe is nice, but second is the best he can do. No one's ever topping Saban's 7."

Last edited:

Originally Posted by casper90403  
Originally Posted by RoOk  

I must be cut from a different cloth, because if I were in his shoes, I'm staying to try for more titles, and then more.

My 'next challenge' would be making sure the conversation does not go like this after I'm dead: "Yeah, John Doe is nice, but Saban's 4 will be tough to trump. Maybe he can, though."

My 'next challenge' will be making sure it goes like this: "Yeah, John Doe is nice, but second is the best he can do. No one's ever topping Saban's 6."
He's only one title away from Bear Bryants record. Probably aim to break that or at least tie it up

All of this....but he needs to go to the right situation like Pete Carroll did

Yep. Not a lot of great situations like that though.

Its going to be the big market teams that go for him, and I don't know if thats the right move.

I certainly wouldn't mind him as my coach when my Rams come back to LA.

I can see that..taking over for Fisher next seasons if the Rams stink? [emoji]128064[/emoji]

Alexander woulda made that tackle IMO.

Gotta think the outcome is different if he doesn't go down and Cain and/or Mike Williams played in this game...

Clemson played fine. The onside kick by bama was the obvious game changer without that they probably lose

Don't see why Saban would leave, gets paid the top salary has the best of everything, they even paid off his house. Might as well just retire and be God in Alabama. He could probably run for state office and win.

He probably would adjust but the NFL is just a different monster. Nick hates losing and given how he bolted from Miami when things got rough, I don't see him sticking around long enough to build a contender.

Fwiw, Sabah said it was basically his wife that convinced him to leave Miami. He mentioned it on the lebatards radio show.

Alexander woulda made that tackle IMO.

Gotta think the outcome is different if he doesn't go down and Cain and/or Mike Williams played in this game...

Yeah definitely , he would have. He made several similar open field tackles before he left.

It would have been nice to have Cain and Williams but defense lost that game more than anything else.

Back
Top Bottom