OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hence why I said they're much more of a complete squad
laugh.gif
,just an intriguing comparison
I don't think it's a comparison at all, a dumb one if anything

Harden wasn't the guy he was when he went to Houston and he was disappearing hardcore

I don't think OKC was considerably more talented than this GS team is. Top to bottom. GS is ridiculously deep 

The biggest question is how high people are rating the Rockets offense. They were a one trick pony all season.

Memphis did a great job defending Klay/Steph, but they only had Allen/Conley(banged up). You know the athleticism of Golden State was going to eat them alive in the frontcourt.

Last edited:
Let's see, OKC had Brooks, GS has Kerr and great assistants
GS has pretty much the best defense in the league
GS has the best offense in the league
GS was top 3 in points in the paint
GS was top 3 three point shooting

That's just off the top of my head

Let's not jump the gun and assume Kerr is a better coach than Brooks. Kerr has been blessed just like Brooks was, let's see what he does with it. GS offense is all predicated on steph. The ONLY way GS beats the cavs is if #1 lebron gets injured or #2 the ball movement GS makes around the paint puts lebron's head on a swivel....lebron doesn't get hurt. GS post game maybe a little sus. You live and you die by the 3. If those 3's stop falling I dare any of those warriors to step in the paint and watch what happens. Memphis couldn't stop the 3 with the warriors. Cavs has dismantled Atlanta's 3 point game. Warriors and Hawks series was split evenly during regular season....don't let me tell it though.

Why do yall do this to yourselves? Make statements like this, predicting blowouts, setting yourselves up for shame and embarrassment?

Based Jesus Based Jesus you're the first one I'm hugging when the cavs win. We can cry together, b.

I mean sure you can say that but from top to bottom the Warriors are much deeper than the Cavs and as of right now Klay is the only one not living up to standards. GS has the advantage of having well rounded players at practically every position so even if they aren't scoring you know they'll defend, attack the boards and the have several playmakers. That's too much to overcome IMO.

Dubs depth is somewhat overrated. Do the warriors have a defender for lebron? Now vice versa do the cavs have a defender for curry. When you answer that question with no bias then you know what to expect from the finals...

Last edited:
yeah
grown adults with responsibilities overly concerned with or getting upset over the reasons *why* someone roots for a team has always been hilarious to me

where do these fratboy bylaws about who you can and cant root for come from?
who writes these rules?

the funny thing are the insults they throw around like it means anything to some that doesnt live by these rules
bruh...

Allllll of this!!!!

IMO that OKC team isn't what this GS team is. Yes OKC had the better individual players but I'm honestly not sure if Curry isn't as good if not better than OKCs stars.

Curry has gained that level of respect from me. Dude is in that Bron, KD best player in the world class and this GS team has the look and potential to be a new running of the Bulls. I've come full circle with theses dudes. Offensively they're unstoppable but the defense is ferocious.

Last edited:
Jr and shump hitting big shots, Tristan getting his hands on the ball damn near every possession, dirtbag delly dropping double digits...

This is the best we've seen bron but this team is not as sorry as some of u think. It's also not a coincidence there defense has improved without Kyrie and love

Some of you seem to think it's Lebron vs. the Warriors. 

Lebron's teammates are flourishing yes, but that's because teams are paying so much attention to LeBron.

I'd like to see what happens when an offensively potent team just dares LeBron to beat them by himself.

I expect LeBron and TT to stand out. Mozgov also. JR, Shumpert, Delly? How long can they maintain this? Kyrie will definitely make a difference but he's on a bad wheel right now so we'll see how much that'll hamper him.

Man alotta yall make this thread so hard to read

Not knowivg anything about basketball
laugh.gif
Every time I attempt to get through more than 2 pages, I go right back out. Type of analysis and reasoning you hear at the barbershop getting lined up.

It's bad enough during the regular season with all the usual talk. Which I'm pretty much through with. Then we got the dudes that show up at this time of the year and think they know it all.

That lamekilla guy been wrong on just about everything, all the time.

FOH

Last edited by a moderator:
Lebron's teammates are flourishing yes, but that's because teams are paying so much attention to LeBron.

I'd like to see what happens when an offensively potent team just dares LeBron to beat them by himself.

You use your best defenders to stop Matthew Dellavadova and Timothy Mosgov while lebron goes for 50

Team is only as good as their best player. So all of you really trying to convince yourselves that the warriors are gonna beat the cavs in the finals...you'll be ok when lebron is hoisting up the Larry O'Brian and Bill Russell. I love Steph, I've been clamoring about him since Davidson but if you truly know basketball (and a lot of you guys picking the warriors to win do know a lot according to what I've seen and argued with in here over the years) you know that there is an answer for steph which is half court trapping. THERE IS NO ANSWER FOR LEBRON JAMES. Especially this season, lebron has peaked. It's not showing in the numbers as much as it's showing on the court. This is gonna be...a massacre. I hate that steph has to go through this but for him to be the greats that he'll ultimately become, he's gonna need a motivation like getting spanked in the finals by lebron and his lukewarm teammates. I'm on the verge of taking bets but I'm waiting for some of you guys to come to your senses. It pains me to not only expect lebron to win in the finals but to preach it. But I don't want any of my lebron haters to be put in shock over what's about to happen. The praise and the **** ride that lebron is about to get is going to be unbearable...but it's ok lebron haters. We're going to be ok.
mean.gif
does this mean kawaii > lebron? 
nerd.gif

he really is the GSFOAT 

A lot of people like to look at things in a black and white vacuum which is completely silly to me.

How do you compare the 2012 heat and the 2015 cavs, with the 2012 thunder and the 2015 Warriors to prove a point? Makes no sense for a myriad of reasons.

Lebron's 3 years older, with 3 more finals runs added to that. He isn't the same player. The Thunder and the Warriors are not the same team, again for a myriad of reasons.

In order for the Cavs (Who I am hoping win it all. Pls Lebron) to win it all, Lebron has to be spectacular. Doesn't even need to be all that efficient from a shooting perspective but he has to be elite. Can't turn the ball over, his reads have to be on point, and either delly, Kyrie, Shump, JR, someone has to have an outer body experience type game every night.

And even if all of that happens, the Warriors have to flat out miss to give them a chance. Make or miss league. I don't see how The Cavs win 4 out of 7 if the Warriors are making their shots. If they do make their shots and their 3's, it's lights out man.

Why do yall do this to yourselves? Make statements like this, predicting blowouts, setting yourselves up for shame and embarrassment?
@Based Jesus you're the first one I'm hugging when the cavs win. We can cry together, b.
Will-Smith-Denies-Carlton-a-Hug-In-His-Pajamas-On-The-Fresh-Prince-Of-Bel-Air.gif

You use your best defenders to stop Matthew Dellavadova and Timothy Mosgov while lebron goes for 50
Even if he could score 50 every night, if everyone else is locked up and dropping 40 as a whole while GS drops 100+ they still lose

lebron took 37 shots to drop 37

how many shots would he take to drop 50 vs a much better defense? 

steph has a higher chance of dropping 40 than lebron does 

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom