OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

True but the flipside of that coin is that if every team on the West is so stacked then no matter what top 8 team he went to would be better than anything he had in the East and if he's taking these subpar East teams to the finals every year then he's sweeping his way to the finals in the West.
We've seen him Lose & go to several game 7's in the East with a STACKED team build perfectly to all of his strengths so how he would sweep through the West is comical... So sure if you sent him to the Spurs or This years Warriors team then of course their stacked

You send him to any team in that bottom four of The Western Conference, sure the team is good, but it's not Stacked in comparison to the Top teams In the West.

Lebron in Portland For LA is not winning the West
Lebron In NO for Davis is not Winning the West
Lebron in Dallas for Dirk is not winning the West
Lebron in LA for CP3 is not winning the West

etc etc As much as the media loves to say Lebron on wateva team is a championship team is a lie, because we've seen him go against teams with just as much talent or even more on his side & he's gotten dominated.
steph curry makes 10 mil less than lebron, you cant just swap the two players and not worry about the cap

the main reason golden state was able to build a great team around steph is because he only makes 10 mil a year. throw in lebrons 20 mil contract and the team never comes together

^^^ I think they get extra money for each additional round of the playoffs they get to.

We've seen him Lose & go to several game 7's in the East with a STACKED team build perfectly to all of his strengths so how he would sweep through the West is comical... So sure if you sent him to the Spurs or This years Warriors team then of course their stacked

You send him to any team in that bottom four of The Western Conference, sure the team is good, but it's not Stacked in comparison to the Top teams In the West.

Lebron in Portland For LA is not winning the West
Lebron In NO for Davis is not Winning the West
Lebron in Dallas for Dirk is not winning the West
Lebron in LA for CP3 is not winning the West

etc etc As much as the media loves to say Lebron on wateva team is a championship team is a lie, because we've seen him go against teams with just as much talent or even more on his side & he's gotten dominated.

If there was a serivicable, defensive minded PG to take CP's place, I'd give a Clippers team with Lebby a pretty good chance to win the West. But I don't like to get into what ifs like that.

Barnes IMO is the X-Factor rather then Green.. Whenever Kyrie is on the floor i'm pretty sure their gonna be trying to Hide him On Barnes... if that's the case he needs to be in fullout attack mode until they force LBJ/Shump to guard him..

I know Kyrie can't guard Curry even if he's healthy... but i would take my chances atleast keeping him on the perimeter because Harrison Barnes will be ABUSING the boards if he has Kyrie guarding him, especially if he's still hobbled.

The east has been weak since Jordan retired. This ain't something that happened once Lebron was drafted. Since 99 the NBA champ has been from the west other than the Pistons and 2 Lebron teams. And looking at this upcoming draft the West will continue to be deeper. Kobe and Duncan have beaten better teams on the way to the finals than Lebron but they have had better talent and coaches through out their careers than Lebron. If Lebron didn't have a ring this argument would hold weight but that fact that he's beaten 2 western conference teams to get his ring it sounds like nitpicking.

And the teams in the West this year wasn't even that good in the light. The Clippers are chokers, Rockets are bipolar, Spurs were old. Memphis is tough but they can't score enough.

Last edited:

True but the flipside of that coin is that if every team on the West is so stacked then no matter what top 8 team he went to would be better than anything he had in the East and if he's taking these subpar East teams to the finals every year then he's sweeping his way to the finals in the West.

We've seen him Lose
steph curry makes 10 mil less than lebron, you cant just swap the two players and not worry about the cap

the main reason golden state was able to build a great team around steph is because he only makes 10 mil a year. throw in lebrons 20 mil contract and the team never comes together

Man Andre Iguadola makes 12 mi a year and David Lee makes 15 mill a year.

You can replace both them dudes with comparable players for less than half and still be just as good.

Steph's contract has nothing to do with why the Warriors are good.

All of this success lebron is having with the leftover knicks just proves how much of a ringchaser he was with his ring chasing in miami. No confidence having jabroni

We've seen him Lose

You can replace both them dudes with comparable players for less than half and still be just as good.

every team has bad contracts. point is from a salary standpoint swapping lebron for steph is not that simple

if steph made 20 mil then iggy and david lee's contracts would be a huge problem for the warriors 

Funny you posted that I just heard that for the first time today "They have to hide Kyrie on Barnes." What? Barnes is not a scrub :lol: this is not Tony Allen who can't shoot. Barnes can play and if they do put Kyrie on him welp.....

And I'm on the boat with everyone who believes the East is trash so....

Will we see Livingston on Bron? I know there is some weight being given up but a lot of length tho.

Also I feel like you play Bron straight up and force Kyrie and J.R. out of their comfort zone. Plus tired out Bron and maybe the cramps come back. Isn't he shooting well under 30% from three? Let's see if Bron can go Mode for 4 wins against a complete team.

I do want to see if Bron can keep up with Curry tho. Mostly everyone in the past Bron has guarded LIVES at the rim but now he has someone who doesn't need to live at the rim. I think this will be one of the "Fun" Finals we remember.

GS fans want to be crowned before the games begin

Dubs fans are definitely on the sensitive side from what I'VE encountered. Almost as bad as Lakers fans. That entitlement complex...
I haven't kept up with this thread, but want to be crowned?

You're telling me years of torture situations, you really think the finals will be a walk in the park? :lol:

My guard is up. I think our team is good, but without a doubt Cavs will give us problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

We've seen him Lose

every team has bad contracts. point is from a salary standpoint swapping lebron for steph is not that simple

if steph made 20 mil then iggy and david lee's contracts would be a huge problem for the warriors 

Andre just wouldn't be on the team and a comparable player would be that makes a lot less.

Team would still be just as good.

The Warriors team is good because they drafted well and that has nothing to do with Steph's contract.

Last edited:
Andre just wouldn't be on the team and a comparable player would be that makes a lot less.

There's not a comparable player to Iggy out there though.

Dude can guard 3 positions and he can run offense like a point guard, pretty much any guy who can do that gets paid in his range when they've been in the L long as he has.

He'll be invaluable to them against Lebron as well, gives them a legitimate 3 guys who can matchup with him.

We've seen him Lose

The Warriors team is good because they drafted well and that has nothing to do with Steph's contract.
if you want to go back that far in time before placing lebron on the team then one can argue that with him on the team they dont get the draft picks to draft klay and barnes because the team has a better record 

this is why hypothetical "if he was on some other team" arguments are dumb 

Barnes might be the best player to come out of UNC
Like, in the last five years?
nerd.gif

The east has been weak since Jordan retired. This ain't something that happened once Lebron was drafted. Since 99 the NBA champ has been from the west other than the Pistons and 2 Lebron teams. And looking at this upcoming draft the West will continue to be deeper. Kobe and Duncan have beaten better teams on the way to the finals than Lebron but they have had better talent and coaches through out their careers than Lebron. If Lebron didn't have a ring this argument would hold weight but that fact that he's beaten 2 western conference teams to get his ring it sounds like nitpicking.

And the teams in the West this year wasn't even that good in the light. The Clippers are chokers, Rockets are bipolar, Spurs were old. Memphis is tough but they can't score enough.
Boston fans would tend to disagree.

[quote name="lawdog1"][quote name="nickmaz96"]Barnes might be the best player to come out of UNC[/quote]Like, in the last five years?[/quote]Ever, bro. C'mon, it's not even close.

Barnes might be the best player to come out of UNC

tyler hansbrough lookin at you with straight disgust

but in all seriousness, since he damn near split his body in half, black falcon been out there putting in work on both ends of the floor. the idea of a rotation of him, draymond, and iggy on Lebron gives me some comfort and peace of mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom