OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
helll nah fam. off an achilles injury? he just popped it what, 5 months ago? when did he go down? january? December? I don't remember.

breh. what emergency can possibly warrant him risking his achilles? Coach Thibs in da house?

helll nah fam. off an achilles injury? he just popped it what, 5 months ago? when did he go down? january? December? I don't remember.

yeah it was about 5 months ago. I'm skeptical too. running up and down the court jumping stopping at the highest level possible.... maaaaaaaan i'm no doctor but....

Melo gets discredited as if he's some kind of Cancer.. when in reality

-He came into the L and turned a 17-65 Nuggets team into a 43-39 team in the West in his Rookie Year.
-He's only missed the playoffs 2 times in his career so far

Also Since this Lebron post is up... Melo actually had to face 8 50+ Win teams in his playoff career... 4 of those team literally advanced to the Finals & 3/4 won the championship that exact year..

BTW Melo even found a way to win One game against the same exact Spurs team that swept LBJ that year

Here are the stats vs the Spurs that year also

LBJ = 22, 7, 7 on 35/20/69 Shooting
Melo = 27, 8, 1 on 48/50/80 Shooting

So while Melo clearly isn't Lebron for people to say he's overrated & somehow isn't a true Superstar is crazy. The best player he's had on his squad has been a NON PRIME A.I or Billups and played in a conference where you LITERALLY HAD TO HAVE 50 WINS to make it into the playoffs. Yet somehow people want to act as if Melo is some kind of perennial loser and don't give him any of the benefit that they give Lebron for having "Weak Teams"

bruh if they're even thinking about activating Andy....cavs shook ones b.

Last edited:
haywood, perk, and now AV...that's 18 hard fouls :smh:
my w's better be ready for the physicality

haywood, perk, and now AV...that's 18 hard fouls
mean.gif

my w's better be ready for the physicality
no need. they can just send delly out there to go ecw and he will have no fouls called on him lmao

lmaooo these boys terrified already

Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao could be activated for the NBA Finals in case of emergency, reports ESPN's Brian Windhorst.

Varejao suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Dec. 23 in a matchup against the Timberwolves. He underwent surgery and was ruled out for the season. Five months later, he could return to action, though only if things go very bad for Cleveland.

The timeline to return from an injury like Varejao's is typically longer than that. It took Kobe Bryant nine months to get back on the court after his Achilles tear, for example. Rushing back would not be wise for a player who has struggled staying healthy for the past few years like the Brazilian center, but it appears to be a possibility.

The Cavaliers are thin up front since Kevin Love suffered a shoulder injury that will have him out for the year. Timofey Mozgov and Tristan Thompson are taking most of the minutes at center. Kendrick Perkins and Brendan Haywood are on the roster but the two veterans are not in the rotation. If one more big man suffers an injury, Varejao could be activated, although he won't likely get many minutes.

Before his injury, Varejao was averaging 10 points and six rebounds in 24 minutes for Cleveland.

Melo gets discredited as if he's some kind of Cancer.. when in reality

-He came into the L and turned a 17-65 Nuggets team into a 43-39 team in the West in his Rookie Year.
-He's only missed the playoffs 2 times in his career so far

Also Since this Lebron post is up... Melo actually had to face 8 50+ Win teams in his playoff career... 4 of those team literally advanced to the Finals & 3/4 won the championship that exact year..
BTW Melo even found a way to win One game against the same exact Spurs team that swept LBJ that year

Here are the stats vs the Spurs that year also

LBJ = 22, 7, 7 on 35/20/69 Shooting
Melo = 27, 8, 1 on 48/50/80 Shooting
So while Melo clearly isn't Lebron for people to say he's overrated & somehow isn't a true Superstar is crazy. The best player he's had on his squad has been a NON PRIME A.I or Billups and played in a conference where you LITERALLY HAD TO HAVE 50 WINS to make it into the playoffs. Yet somehow people want to act as if Melo is some kind of perennial loser and don't give him any of the benefit that they give Lebron for having "Weak Teams"
Melo on Nuggets with George Karl letting him run up and down the floor all day and fire up shots = elite player.

Melo on Knicks cranking up hideous isolation shots with absolutely zero ball movement and no veteran point guard to lead his way = most overrated star in the league.

Melo needs an offensive minded first coach and a really skilled point guard to make him Elite. Since the Knicks have neither he's highly overrated right now.

Cavs activating Anderson though.
Man, even he he doesn't play, and just "Perk Stares" folks from the bench, GSW IS IN TROUBLE.

AV literally has a super power to just suck the energy away from opponents, and expel it himself. GSW DONE

I'm sure Andy would be a last resort type of deal. Would be hilarious if he does get activated and makes heavy contributions :lol:

I think they should activate Varejao for the finals..

You know, because activating rusty and de-conditioned players for the highest stage of basketball always works

It won't work in favor of GS at all

Last edited:
mind games gonna be played.

warriors finna activate Tim hardaway, Mitch richmond, and Chris mullin

Melo on Nuggets with George Karl letting him run up and down the floor all day and fire up shots = elite player.

Melo on Knicks cranking up hideous isolation shots with absolutely zero ball movement and no veteran point guard to lead his way = most overrated star in the league.

Melo needs an offensive minded first coach and a really skilled point guard to make him Elite. Since the Knicks have neither he's highly overrated right now.

A Highly Skilled PG... how about any semblance of a team that is semi healthy or not a roster filled with D-league talent... Mike Woodson is far from an offensive genius and just with a touch of good role players around him that team was a 50 win team.. Who's going to look good when your a scorer surrounded by guys like Felton, Larkin, Air Italian, etc etc.. it's not like Melo is the reason these guys suck... some of the dudes he had starting with him literally couldn't be a 12 man on a good team.

NBA.com/Stats ‏@nbastats · 42m42 minutes ago
The top 3 assist games in #NBAFinals history all belong to @MagicJohnson (21, 20, 20)

Magic :nthat:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom