Official 2015 New York Giants Thread VOL: Odell Beckham > *

Giants usually don't take on players that have been in any trouble. I don't know if we even go after Suh. Great player though.

We need to go after Rex Ryan after this year. I'm 70% sure he's fired after this year. If he is, we HAVE TO make a hard push for him. That guy is a defensive genius.

DC, I don't see Coughlin going anywhere. I don't know why you wouldn't want him as a DC.

NFC South looks shaky to start the year, only team with a solid defense there are the Panthers and they were killed yesterday. Most of it falls on the offense not sustaining drives though, but the Falcons and Saints looked very unimpressive on the road.

As long as the offense continues to play the way it has and provides Eli with the protection he needs, he will make the plays it takes to win at home next week vs the Falcons. Turnovers are key as always with this team, and the drops can't continue.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/...ckham_practices_again_jon_beason_returns.html

Giants injury report: Odell Beckham practices again, Jon Beason returns

Excerpt: " All signs appear to be pointing toward Odell Beckham Jr. making his Giants debut on Sunday against the Falcons.

Watching the team's 2014 pick work at practice is becoming commonplace around the facility. Beckham warmed up with his team and ran routes at (almost) full speed again on Monday.

There is a chance he could be listed as a full participant once the injury report comes out this afternoon, which has not happened yet this season.

The news would certainly be uplifting for an offense that already appears to be putting things together. Beckham's speed and hands will be a game-changer, though it wouldn't be a surprise to see Ben McAdoo work him back in slowly.

McAdoo tempered excitement during his press conference last week.

"He is a rookie. He hasn’t done much practicing in our offense," he said. "He has spent a lot of time in the meeting room; he is trying to get himself right physically. When he comes back we are going to do whatever we can do to help him. Get him ready to play and he will be ready when he is ready." Read more...

Last edited:
I think Fewell will be here for a while if Coughlin is. He hasn't done anything well enough to get a head coach job, and he hasn't done anything poor enough to get fired. Overall he's not a bad coach, and we did win a sb w/ him.

I also don't think that Rex would want to be a DC for Coughlin, it's a major demotion. And even if the Jets are bad this season I don't think he'll be let go. He's done a good job for that franchise, not just in terms of performance, but I feel like he gives Jets fans a personality that they can root for and that resonates with them. They have more of a talent issue at the moment than coaching. Besides when that strength coach tried to trip a punt gunner a few years back, I don't really think he's had any significant failures. He's just talked a lot of **** and hasn't always backed it up, but I don't think Jets fans mind that.

Anybody watch the 'Finding Giants' show last night on NFLN? Thought the show looked pretty interesting from the trailer, but I missed it.

^ Rex will be let go, it's a no doubter at this point. They aren't even spending money and are setting him up to fail, Idzik will hire his own guy next and spend money next off-season.

With that said, Rex would be good to have but if Fewell has the personnel he is just fine imo.

Finding Giants id a dope show even if you're not a Giants fan, really shows the hard work that goes into scouting, a lot of people that don't really get any credit for building a strong foundation for a franchise.

Atlanta has injuries everywhere but this will be another test for our secondary. Lets continue to play tough and get another W. Cowboys are starting to put things together so we have to keep up

Them Cowboys ain't bout to do nothin. They always look good this time of year. The saints suck right now so that game isn't much to go off of. They've got injuries and will self implode shortly like every year. Nothing I saw Sunday would lead me to think otherwise. 8-8 again...

The Eagles are bums. They showed 0 offense and only had points cause of special teams and the defense getting gifts. Foles is overrated. Running game is week to week...

The Skins... Like I said earlier, RGIII is an injury prone, bus rolling, bum. Cousins? Not good enough to carry them.

We are the best team in the division with the best QB. The O line has really stepped up and our D is playing good. We got the division. I'm callin it now.

Falcons are a bad road team. Their O line is one of the worst in the league. Their defense is also below average. This is a game we need to win because it's one that we should win at home. I will be livid if we lose this one.

I think ODB gonna return a few this weekend.

- Thing with the Cowboys is they have a solid O-line group, and are running first before anything, and it keeps their defense off the field rather than have Romo throwing on all downs, leaves less to be exposed. They did have to come back from 21 down to the Rams of all teams, but they are not as bad as everyone thought they would be.

- Eagles are not a good defensive team and McCoy hasn't even played well, I'm not sold on Foles at all and they scored 0 points from the line of scrimmage last week when their running game was held in check.

- Washington came into last week with a 5th ranked defense and Kirk Cousins being on a roll, and then look what happened when the Giants took away their run game. Cousins had no idea what to do with the pass rush in his face.

We are the best team in the division with the best QB. The O line has really stepped up and our D is playing good. We got the division. I'm callin it now.

While this division is nothing to write home about, I need to see more consistency from this group before I can be 100% confident. I do like the improvement with every week, they just need to take care of the ball and stop with the defensive penalties, and STAY HEALTHY. Eli is off to a very good start this season and the run game/defense looks good

It's a week to week league, there is no clear cut favorite in the NFC outside of the Seahawks. They are the only complete team in the conference.

Last edited:
It's a week to week league, there is no clear cut favorite in the NFC outside of the Seahawks. They are the only complete team in the conference.

True. Being a little optimistic I am. But I'm not sold on SEA being the clear cut favorite in the NFC. What I think SEA does well is set the tone of the game early by being so physical. Then nobody wants to throw Shermans way. That limits your game plan right there. He's a great DB but he ain't no Deion. I'd throw his way early. Like the first pass play. He ain't expecting it. And then whoever he is covering, I'd have said receiver run some crazy routes and double moves... I'd try to wear dude out. He's not used to being thrown on. Dude talks so much trash and is so confident, I bet if he gets burnt a couple times it would take him out of his game.

That sound crazy?

This week will tell a lot. The cowboys are known for dropping a game after a big win. We could be tied for first after this week if Philly can't get it together.

Last edited:
I don't even consider Sherman the best corner, he's just on a great team and leads well, and that's not to take anything away from him. From an ability standpoint PP on the Cards (probably the 2nd most complete team in the NFC) is more talented than he is. I'd even take Joe Haden over him.

It's still early in the season to judge, as long as DeMarco stays healthy and the offensive line plays well, they will at least be in most of their games.

But in the end, I only worry about what the Giants do, can't worry about the standings and such esp only 4 games in. After Thanksgiving is when things get interesting, plus the Giants have to win these games because they have a tough stretch of Seattle, 49ers, Colts. Eli just has to lead this offense, as long as the offensive line continues their surprisingly strong play.

Some encouraging news:

NY Giants' rookie WR Odell Beckham Jr. limited, but 'definitely' expects to play vs. Falcons

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...ell-beckham-jr-expects-play-article-1.1960377

Odell Beckham Jr. has finally found the end zone. Well, sort of.

On Wednesday afternoon, the Giants’ first-round pick worked through his first extended practice action of the season, and he ended the session with a bang. Near the end of the workout, he ran a deep post into the end zone and hauled in a long TD pass.

It was the latest sign that the receiver is finally over the hamstring woes that have plagued him throughout the summer, and that he could be ready to make his debut against the Falcons on Sunday.

“It was a great feeling,” Beckham said. “Just that feeling of being back, you could put this behind you and move forward . . . It’s so satisfying.”

Beckham was listed as limited on the injury report, although he indicated that he had worked through a near-full session. He added that he expects to practice fully on Thursday and that he “definitely” expects to play Sunday. After weeks of light laps around the practice field, he was finally able to cut it loose and run at full speed.

A full-strength Beckham would add depth to a thin Giants receiving corps. Preston Parker, who was out of football last year, has served as third receiver for the last two weeks, and while he’s been solid, he offers little big-play ability. But Beckham could change that, said Victor Cruz.

“The deep, deep pass hasn’t been in this offense much yet,” Cruz said. “I think Odell can provide that.”

The next step for Beckham, coach Tom Coughlin said, will be to survive two straight full-speed practices. A solid, setback-free session on Thursday could make his debut on Sunday likely.

“What we obviously need to do is to see some hard, back-to-back practices, one after the other, which I expect we’ll accomplish this week,” Coughlin said.

ANKLE ON MEND FOR WEATHERFORD
P Steve Weatherford (ankle) was a limited practice participant, although he did not punt. He will punt Thursday, he said, then rest on Friday and Saturday in preparation for Sunday’s game . . . LB Jon Beason (foot/toe) and LB Devon Kennard (hamstring) were also limited in practice. Kennard indicated he was near a full-go and added that he was optimistic of his chances of playing Sunday . . . In Atlanta, G Justin Blalock (back) and WR Harry Douglas (foot) did not practice. Top wideout Julio Jones (ankle) and speedy Devin Hester (ankle) were limited.

Last edited:
Atlanta has not won a road game outdoors since Thanksgiving Weekend 2012 at Tampa Bay, a stretch of nine games.

Back
Top Bottom