Official 2015 New York Giants Thread VOL: Odell Beckham > *

Is the offense really that good tho? I keep hearing about it but I dont see it

Outside of Eli to ODB, no one is doing anything
Jennings should be getting more carries, he is the most consistent RB but he doesnt
Vereen isnt being utilized properly. Only time i saw vereen being used properly was that game winning drive vs 49ers where eli was basically calling the plays.
Darkwa is average.
Andre williams stinks
Randle is an impoverished terrance williams
Donnell is crippled, Cruz is crippled, Hakeem is half crippled
Tye is OK.
Harris is OK
The oline is one dimensional with no depth.

I think our offense is the best in our division. I don't think it's great.

When our O line is somewhat healthy, Eli can put up the yards and points. We can get in the Red Zone and then we call dumb plays and make terrible coaching errors and go away with a TO or FG.

Rashad should get the most touches, no idea why he doesn't. Clearly our best RB.

Donnell, Randle and Andre Williams NEED to go now. I mean, cut them this week.

We used Vereen properly weeks ago and now, don't know what they're doing with him. It's terrible.

I just came across some interesting stats

Eli Manning Int's over the past 3 seasons - heres the list of intended receivers on the throws

Shane Vereen 1
Hakeem Nicks 7
Jerrel Jernigan 1
Da'Rel Scott 1
Louis Murphy 2
Larry Donnell 4
Rueben Randle 16
Brandon Jacobs 1
Odell Beckham 5
David Wilson 1
Preston Parker 2
Dwayne Harris 2
Victor Cruz 6
Brandon Myers 2

Eli Manning Int's over the past 3 seasons - heres the list of intended receivers on the throws

Shane Vereen 1
Hakeem Nicks 7
Jerrel Jernigan 1
Da'Rel Scott 1
Louis Murphy 2
Larry Donnell 4
Rueben Randle 16
Brandon Jacobs 1
Odell Beckham 5
David Wilson 1
Preston Parker 2
Dwayne Harris 2
Victor Cruz 6
Brandon Myers 2
Jesus Christ lol. I knew it was bad but wow.

Can't remember if it was last year or the year before, they said Randle was responsible for like 8. Half a** routes and tipped balls. Can't wait for him to go.

GET RID OF ANDRE, DONNELL AND RANDLE NOW!!!!

Shane Vereen 1
Hakeem Nicks 7
Jerrel Jernigan 1
Da'Rel Scott 1
Louis Murphy 2
Larry Donnell 4
Rueben Randle 16
Brandon Jacobs 1
Odell Beckham 5
David Wilson 1
Preston Parker 2
Dwayne Harris 2
Victor Cruz 6
Brandon Myers 2

Why I am I not surprised. :smh: :lol:

Moore was a space cadet but IDK man, a team that's weak on talent especially young talent can't afford to be cutting anyone.

They were probably tired of him overall but the bigger problem is all these guys are never on the same page. And Its not like we get proper replacements through the draft with the way Reese handles it. Only good players we draft are WRs....

I probably said this earlier in the thread, but Randle is probably my least favorite player ever to wear a Giants jersey. It's not a coincidence it's always him with "miscommunications". He got a pass for being too stupid to understand option routes in Gilbride's offense, but he continues to fail with no effort and no desire to be successful. For the few wide open plays he makes bc defenses are focusing across the field, he makes too many horrible, negative plays that hurt the team more. With a coach known to have a short leash with young guys it amazes me how Randle gets chance after chance after chance. I feel like the only reason him and Hosley are even on the roster is to protect Reese from having possibly the worst draft class ever in 2012. He had 7 picks and literally got 0 guys who belong in the NFL rn.

I think it might be time for a change, regarding Coughlin. But I don't blame any of the last 3 seasons on him. He's been given horrible rosters and with no talent and to make matters worse, no depth behind the starters when there are injuries bc we can't draft any NFL-level players outside of the first 2 rounds. I know the Maras have never fired a GM, but it's time for a change, Reese is the problem.

I'm going to jump on the hate Randle wagon again. No surprise at all that Eli has thrown 16 Ints when targeting him and if we look at the video of them all i'm sure 10 of those 16 are clearly showing the guilt of Randle.

Its funny this week Randle when asked about his lack of production said its hard when OBJ is the 1st and 2nd option. what a joke this guy is. Dude had jets 4th string CB on him and he couldnt get catches. His just mentally weak. I think TOm responded that he would get catches if he were Randle something like that. please bench this guy! start nicks/davis

Moore is another wasted reese pick but thing is he was right in his talent evaluation. Moore has the talent to be a stud DE, but again doesnt have the mental makeup.

I would like giants to look at Tye as the 2nd option one of the fastest TEs we had here.

i hear you on the hate for reese. what do you mean not having the correct depth? i do agree he should have had done better with the drafts. but really outside first 3 rounds not many players make in the NFL. he has found players late in drafts that have helped but no stars. thought kennard was going to be that diamond but bad 2nd year so far.

lets look at WRs he banked on Randle taking a step up, huge mistake in hindsight he should have cut him and signed crabtree or trade for marshall. Cruz was expected to come back but didnt what else could he have done?
LBs he banked on beason playing and being our QB for defense, that didnt work he had a young talent behind him that did show flashes and he got hurt, kennard has been hurt all year we signed two LBs that were avg players. what more could he have done with our LBs? in hindsight.
my biggest issue is online, he lost beatty and was forced to use flowers at LT and newhouse who should be the depth you're talking about as the beck up tackle. guard our backup going into the season was Jerry who was starter last year. I mean who should he had on the line to make you happy about depth?

TE depth(tye) might be the starter of the future for us, finally for years....

i think far as roster goes his biggest mistake was not bringing back rolle. he went into the season at safety with rookies and year 2 guys, horrible.

i'm just saying our roster has had its fair share of bad luck. no team can afford to lose its best defensive player, starting LT, 2nd best WR, stud DT for half season, good CB for 4 games, losing a lot of games at LB and horrible safety play(his fault on that). aI'm a big Eli/Tom fan but they lost us with their mental mistakes 2-3 games easily. Reese won't get fired and i don't think he should, unless there is a great option.

I'm all for change but who?

i think bill would take the GM job if offered

Last edited:
tonight should be pretty hilarious huh. i hope the giants win, but i also hope this team gets blown up. team is in desperate need of new faces with actual talent. and a new coach. he's done a lot of good things for this franchise, but coughlin is done. go be a grandfather, man

Iron Man Eli :pimp:
One of the toughest QBs ever

Doesn't get enough credit for it. Guy is definitely tough.

ODB is a freak, guy is top 5 WR currently.

We ran the ball much better when we stuck with Rashad Jennings. He's clearly our best RB, I don't get why he hasn't been getting most of the carries.

Defense made some plays but it was Tannehill. The missed tackles really killed us.

See... This is why this team pisses me off. When I expect them to lose and go away they win. When you a think they're on the right track they lose. :smh:

Great game from Eli and ODB. It's really a shame that we're legit wasting one of Eli's best seasons ever. Aside from a couple of bad spots here and there he's been playing at a high level and carrying us. We're going to get smacked next week so our playoff hopes ride on winning the last two and hoping to get some help.

I can see the giants winning 8 games in a row and losing next 3.......NFL is wide open you can't say its a lock that is a panthers pats super bowl.

having a run game really helped, great to see. i don't think the avg NFL fan really understands how important an above avg run game is needed in order to win in this league.

Great game from Eli and ODB. It's really a shame that we're legit wasting one of Eli's best seasons ever. Aside from a couple of bad spots here and there he's been playing at a high level and carrying us. We're going to get smacked next week so our playoff hopes ride on winning the last two and hoping to get some help.

Looking back at those 3-5 games they've blown. :smh:

Now you have to beat the best team in the NFC or the season is a wrap.

i hear you on the hate for reese. what do you mean not having the correct depth? i do agree he should have had done better with the drafts. but really outside first 3 rounds not many players make in the NFL. he has found players late in drafts that have helped but no stars. thought kennard was going to be that diamond but bad 2nd year so far.

lets look at WRs he banked on Randle taking a step up, huge mistake in hindsight he should have cut him and signed crabtree or trade for marshall. Cruz was expected to come back but didnt what else could he have done?
LBs he banked on beason playing and being our QB for defense, that didnt work he had a young talent behind him that did show flashes and he got hurt, kennard has been hurt all year we signed two LBs that were avg players. what more could he have done with our LBs? in hindsight.
my biggest issue is online, he lost beatty and was forced to use flowers at LT and newhouse who should be the depth you're talking about as the beck up tackle. guard our backup going into the season was Jerry who was starter last year. I mean who should he had on the line to make you happy about depth?

TE depth(tye) might be the starter of the future for us, finally for years....

i think far as roster goes his biggest mistake was not bringing back rolle. he went into the season at safety with rookies and year 2 guys, horrible.

i'm just saying our roster has had its fair share of bad luck. no team can afford to lose its best defensive player, starting LT, 2nd best WR, stud DT for half season, good CB for 4 games, losing a lot of games at LB and horrible safety play(his fault on that). aI'm a big Eli/Tom fan but they lost us with their mental mistakes 2-3 games easily. Reese won't get fired and i don't think he should, unless there is a great option.

I'm all for change but who?

i think bill would take the GM job if offered

Yea, I agree injuries have ravaged the team, and the success rate for 3rd-7th rounders is low, but with the exception of Kennard, and arguably Hart this year, since 2008, we're not even getting guys who can contribute as backups in these rounds.

On the OLine, look at James Brewer (maybe the worst T i've ever seen in the NFL btw), Brandon Mosley, Matt McCants, Mitch Petrus, Eric Hermann. Whenever we had an injury the last 3-4 years on the line it was basically game over for the offense (not that we had enough top end talent to begin with) because these guys were awful. Forget grooming these guys to be starters or even backups, they aren't even good enough to be rostered in the NFL (outside of McCants, currently a backup for Oakland). And we've continued to waste assets/use draft picks on the O-Line because none of these guys have stuck on the roster. Hart actually played competently as our 7th rder vs the Jets, so hopefully we finally drafted one offensive lineman who adds some value as a backup.

Same goes for the LBs, with Greg Jones, Clint Sintim, Philip Dillard, Jacquan Williams, all of whom are unemployed and out of the NFL.

You can't expect to draft starters with each pick, and i get that, but you'd at least hope that at least the guys who make the roster can actually contribute. It's gotten so bad that in order to get back-end depth, we're paying replacement-level players like Casillas and JT Thomas a few million a year just so we have some backup LBs bc none of the ones we've drafted have worked out (Besides kennard). Our team has basically been devoid of talent the last 3 years because we can't develop anyone from the later rounds into contributors, whenever there are injuries to the starters (which unfortunately has been often) there's no one from our drafts good enough to be a competent injury replacement, and now it's going to such extremes that we're actually paying $ and losing cap space just to get guys who can either play special teams or add meaningful depth. Things haven't gone according to plan bc of injuries, but there's no backup plan after these injuries (on the oline, on the dline, at lb, can't say safety bc we've somehow had 3 guys go out for the year before preseason ended) bc we haven't drafted well enough. That can be the difference between a contender and a bad team.

Reese has done actually a really great job with our rd 1 and 2 picks since 07 - pretty much everyone has been a starter except for Marvin Austin, Clint Sintim, and David Wilson. He has a great success rate drafting there. And we've found a lot of UDFAs and practice squad guys who have contributed either as backups or better - Cruz, Tye, Donnell, Whitlock, Darkwa, just to name a few. But I don't think it's debatable that the roster has been getting worse and worse since 2011 because our 3rd-7th rd draft picks from 2009-2013 (jury still out on 2014, 2015) haven't been able to develop or contribute in any way. If you think he's worth keeping, I can understand the argument, but I think at some point someone has to be held accountable for these poor drafts. I'm hoping that 2014/2015 represented a change in the right direction but with most of the later picks injured already we'll probably have to wait another year to see.

Back
Top Bottom