Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

The longer he ducka and drags this out the more cowardly it makes him look. Even if he got decapitated by GGG it wouldn't look as bad.

canelo is simply mayweathering his way into fighting golovkin in 2020 or 2021
Stop bringing may weather into this lol. Dudes swear he ducked and dodged his wag to the top. Every fight you wanted him to take pre hatton era happened. Canelo still doesnt have a great resume IMO.

His best win is against cotton at a weight class cotton doesn't belong in lol.

The bOxer in Oscar can't be impressed with canelo. But the promoter in Oscar loves him

– There has been a lot of talk about Gennady Golovkin, the unified middleweight champion, facing Chris Eubank Jr. in the UK, errrr…sorry, England and the original dates that were tossed around were Aug. 27 or Sept. 3. Well, a couple of sources have informed UCNLive.com that HBO is planning a split-site doubleheader on Sept. 10 that will have this fight and undefeated WBC flyweight champion Roman Gonzalez facing WBC 115-pound champion Carlos Cuadras from either Los Angeles or Las Vegas.

I asked one source about how HBO – which is supposedly going through more budget issues than the city of Detroit – can possibly afford this scenario. The answer was, “(HBO is) paying minimal to ‘GGG’ because it’s at 5 p.m. from England.”
http://ucnlive.com/cue-the-timex-social-club/#.V3ahKqN8HaU.twitter

Mexico’s Alvarez (47-1-1, 33 KOs) has been ridiculed for looking to fight England’s World Boxing Organization champion Smith (23-0-1, 13 KOs) instead of fighting unbeaten, three-belt middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin.

Gomez said it’s part of a plan to work the 25-year-old Alvarez up to 160 pounds, with a Dec. 10 fight already scheduled with HBO.

While Golovkin is close to finalizing a title defense against England’s Chris Eubank Jr. in September, he also wants to fight later this calendar year, and Gomez said the possibility of a doubleheader featuring separate Alvarez and Golovkin fights would boost that December card to a pay-per-view event.

Gomez also said there’s a possibility an Alvarez-Golovkin fight could happen next May, not September, depending on the outcomes and public interest in the upcoming fights.
So Gomez is basically telling us to boycott Canelita's next PPV, so we can get the GGG fight sooner 
laugh.gif

I wonder how bad it has to bomb for GB to want to move the fight up to next May?  Ward-Kov in Nov, and a possible Pac fight in October are going to hurt the buys for this fight as well.

GB should have made this a reg HBO fight, and did a Cotto rematch on PPV in Dec. 

http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxin...canelo-smith-ustinov-20160701-snap-story.html

Last edited:
 Steve Kim ‏@steveucnlive  4h4 hours ago Los Angeles, CA
Being told Cuellar-Mares will be rescheduled in Oct by Freddie Roach, could be in Los Angeles #boxing

Vinnie Paz movie. 

I've heard people saying Brook was beefing over the money. Vargas was set to make 1.7 mil and apparently that either matched Kell's salary or was a little above it, especially with the exchange rate after the brexit ****, and Brook wasn't feeling that.

Either way he's gonna look like a sucker if he lets another good fight fall apart only to fight some no name bum again.

In a lot of cases the loser turns out to be the real winner by getting more big fights. Providnikov, Algieri, and Victor Ortiz to name a few.

He wanna be Mayweather SO BAD plus we know he really wants to be ON the stage performing

Waiting for more pics of Oscar in women's panties to pop up...

I just watched Brook vs Bizier to do some studying and something is off about him, even against a much more inferior opponent. He doesn't have the same snap and sharpness. He looks quite vulnerable and someone like Vargas might even be able to take advantage.

Last edited:
Bumped into Swift this weekend in Miami again. First time I got to chop it up with him was in March. For all the flack he gets I do give him a ton of respect, he's super humble and chill, like most people nowadays their IG and Twitter perception is waaaay different than real life. Said he's looking at a October fight, even invited me out to the fight. Interested to see who it is, the pressure is on him to step it up in cómp and he knows that, seems unphased by it. Cool dude 100%

Damn was hoping he'd fight sooner, don't understand the long layoff these fighters gotta become more active to build more buzz

Back
Top Bottom