Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

Why are they having a rematch? The first was a clear victory for the Japanese guy.
I didn't see the first fight, but I remember a lot of people saying Moreno was robbed.  The cards were all close and one was in Moreno's favor despite the fight being in JP. 

Last edited:
Eubank...."Brook threw 40 punches he throws 130 punches" "I will take his belts"

"In 2 fights...he will be ready for GGG....he could beat him now...but in 2 fights he will"

Man shut up. You gonna catch that work to the body and throw 30 punches a round just like Brook.

Just curious....why would GGG/Jacobs being primetime on PBC be "degrading" etc.?

Porter/Thurman did 3.1 Mil avg. More than GGG/Brook. I feel like GGG/Jacobs would do even more.

If the check is right, and GGG gets in front of more eyes on primetime TV, isn't that a smart play long term for his PPV potential?

Last edited:
Boxing fans have a weird mentality on things - me included.

UFC has a PPV every month that their marketing machine beautifully hypes up and people and sports bars are happy to pay for. Realistically, the cards on paper are usually nothing special.

Boxing fans are only cool with PPVs if it's P4P #1 vs P4P #2 with a stacked undercard.

PBC was supposed to do a better job of marketing the boxers + have an easier time of getting the big match ups made. Instead it made everything worse.

PPV is trash. PBC has given us competitive matchups on free TV. I don't understand how fans, as consumers, would even complain bout that. Boxing fans are weird indeed.

PPV is trash. PBC has given us competitive matchups on free TV. I don't understand how fans, as consumers, would even complain bout that. Boxing fans are weird indeed.

That hate for Mayweather transfers over to Al Haymon. :smh: :lol:

Don't know why people have a problem with a promoter that actually promotes and pays his fighters well.

Can Haymon/PBC even afford to cut that check to Golovkin at this point? Last I heard they had a lawsuit looming against them and Haymon had burned through a ton of the money already.

Can Haymon/PBC even afford to cut that check to Golovkin at this point? Last I heard they had a lawsuit looming against them and Haymon had burned through a ton of the money already.

Maybe you're confusing them w/ Top Rank? PBC seems to be doin just fine. I don't see any of their fighters complaining

No, they definitely have had some financial woes. The fighters aren't complaining because they are getting paid, but is the return on investment there? What was once worth around 528 million is now supposedly down to just 82 million. Wouldn't shock me at all if PBC fades to black within a years time. Seems like they desperately need something big to happen to turn things around.

Boxing fans have a weird mentality on things - me included.

UFC has a PPV every month that their marketing machine beautifully hypes up and people and sports bars are happy to pay for. Realistically, the cards on paper are usually nothing special.

Boxing fans are only cool with PPVs if it's P4P #1 vs P4P #2 with a stacked undercard.

PBC was supposed to do a better job of marketing the boxers + have an easier time of getting the big match ups made. Instead it made everything worse.

A lot of what the UFC does, and you might argue, what makes people and sports bars happy to pay for the PPV's is based on what they do on free TV.

The Ultimate Fighter show. Free cards on Fox Sports (used to be on Spike), and even Fox proper.

PBC finally got it right and realized that to build future PPV stars, they needed mainstream looks. Not to be tucked away on HBO or Show late night on weekends.

When boxing was at it's peak, some dan good fights were on free TV via Wide World Of Sports etc. And somehow Boxing lost sight of that.

I don't think Golovkin fighting on network TV would be bad at all.

Last edited:
No, they definitely have had some financial woes. The fighters aren't complaining because they are getting paid, but is the return on investment there? What was once worth around 528 million is now supposedly down to just 82 million. Wouldn't shock me at all if PBC fades to black within a years time. Seems like they desperately need something big to happen to turn things around.
Schafer is teaming up with Al and Floyd soon and bringing Chinese investor money with him. 
I don't think Golovkin fighting on network TV would be bad at all.
If it's on CBS in December they could advertise it during CFB, NFL, and CBB games leading up to it. 

I don't think so either, and would obviously prefer to see the fight for free, but I'm just hoping GGG doesn't find himself in a situation where he has to drop his belt because of politics. 

Tom Loeffler needs to start begging KZ businessmen for some funds for their fellow countryman. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom