Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

:lol: Damn Amir and his pops cut Al outta the loop for this one huh. Makes sense though, because on paper this is not the kinda gamble many promoters would want their fighters taking. This is a long shot for Amir.

Damb this is crazy. never thought amir would fight a middleweight and canelo is no average fighter. im expecting a KO with Amir on the canvas. im glad he got his big fight so he can shutup now

laugh.gif
Damn Amir and his pops cut Al outta the loop for this one huh. Makes sense though, because on paper this is not the kinda gamble many promoters would want their fighters taking. This is a long shot for Amir.
its had been said for awhile that kahn has/had a different kind of contract with haymon then everyone else did. he pretty much only got with AL so he could get the mayweather fight 

Word is Canelo only agreed after Khan's whined "come on, Canelo" from the sidelines.

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

I was going to say khan can. Win this fight ,but I just thought about it and there's no way he doesn't get hit hard.
He will definitely have the speed/skill advantage tho

It's mutally beneficial. Haymon makes some money to make up for what they've burned in the past year. Golden Boy gets a dance partner for Canelo to delay the GGG fight.

Last edited:
Khans father says golden boy called him, then he called his manager , who is Al Haymon, and all got together.

Interesting. I'm still shocked they all agreed to this. I wonder if Khan and his team really think he can win this.

Sad to say but i don't think we're getting canelo-3G anytime soon. No disrespect to amir but he isnt the one to prepare saul for gennady, odlh knows the deal and is keeping him far away.

So Golovkin-Wade is official? That makes two Haymon fights on HBO announced this week. I'm starting to think Hopkin's mystery opponent could be Beterbiev or Stevenson.

So excited for this showdown, two exciting fighters knocking each other heads off :pimp:

Virgil gonna have the boy on his byke like Lance Armstrong, and I ain't even mad. The second he feels Canelo's power, it's over for me, UK, and Pakistan.

not really sure if it's bravery or desperation on Khans side, maybe a bit of both?

Dude barely squeaked a win against Algieri on his last outing, didn't he get a bit wobbled in the first round in that fight too?

Algieri definitely had him rocked and if he actually had decent power he definitely could've dropped him. Him and his team can't possibly think he's about to go in there and completely avoid Canelo for 12 rounds. This dude has to fight better than he's ever fought in his life.

Also, looks like there's a rematch clause.

Back
Top Bottom