Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

BoxingScene.com ‏@boxingscene  10m10 minutes ago
Chavez Jr. Injures Left Heel, Won't Face Badou Jack in April http://dlvr.it/KkMTCh  #boxing
laugh.gif

LukieBoxing ‏@LukieBoxing  Mar 1
Here is another rumor that is gaining steam, Canelo might fight Maidana at 155 lbs. in September if he beats Amir Khan
mean.gif

Last edited:
Not shocked Vargas beat Ali.

I see someone taking his strap in short order soon enough though...

Miguel Cotto-James Kirkland in Play For June 18 at Barclays

It seems like it will be a good fight, Cotto might not be able to hurt Kirkland the way Canelo can. Another factor is whether Ann Wolfe will train Kirkland.

It seems like it will be a good fight, Cotto might not be able to hurt Kirkland the way Canelo can. Another factor is whether Ann Wolfe will train Kirkland.
how does Kirkland keep getting these fights? 

and i thought Maidana  retired? i

This is pointless, Miguel Cotto should just retire IMO. There's nothing left for him that will enhance his legacy or bank account.

how does Kirkland keep getting these fights? 

and i thought Maidana  retired? i

Kirkland shows plenty of heart, and is willing to brawl and entertain fans. So I'm not surprised he keeps getting fights. I'm still a fan of the guy. I really hope Ann Wolfe trains him again.

Maidana probably realized the many millions he made in the U.S, transitions to inflated Argentine Dollars so it's not really much value there, so he wants to fight for more money. Plus he probably spent too much money on fast food judging by how fat he looks the last time I saw him.

Even though Kirkland is looking kinda shot now, he still got a puncher's chance. Round 1 would be tough for Cotto. Kind of a pointless fight though, but whatever.

Even though Kirkland is looking kinda shot now, he still got a puncher's chance. Round 1 would be tough for Cotto. Kind of a pointless fight though, but whatever.

Kirkland appears to be most vulnerable in the first and second rounds. It's like he needs to warm up and get in the zone even though he's throwing, he doesn't treat it like a feel out round or figure out his opponent like Mayweather and Hopkins. He's an odd ball, that's what I noticed. I think the rounds beyond 3 if Kirkland makes it that far will be very interesting.

Last edited:
Kirkland appears to be most vulnerable in the first and second rounds. It's like he needs to warm up and get in the zone even though he's throwing, he doesn't treat it like a feel out round or figure out his opponent like Mayweather and Hopkins. He's an odd ball, that's what I noticed. I think the rounds beyond 3 if Kirkland makes it that far will be very interesting.

True, you're right about that. I'm still trying to decide if Cotto's power is that serious at 154 and above though. vs Sergio and Geale he looked like a monster but vs Canelo he couldn't do a damn thing. Interesting to see if he could hurt Kirkland early, but yeah if it goes deep, and Kirkland is back with Ann Wolfe, it could get crazy. Still such a random matchup though

True, you're right about that. I'm still trying to decide if Cotto's power is that serious at 154 and above though. vs Sergio and Geale he looked like a monster but vs Canelo he couldn't do a damn thing. Interesting to see if he could hurt Kirkland early, but yeah if it goes deep, and Kirkland is back with Ann Wolfe, it could get crazy. Still such a random matchup though

The pickings are slim on the HBO side for 154 lbers, if we really look at the options available. Cotto is probably going to dance and box him, knowing Kirkland is still dangerous. If Cotto wins and they try to convince us that it justifies a Canelo vs Cotto rematch then I am done with both these guys. It will be a straight duck move by Canelo. With the way things have been coming together lately, I won't be surprised if it comes to fruition. And I'm probably one of few who don't mind the Canelo vs Khan match.

That P-word only wants the fight in the UK where he prays the judges can help him out if he can avoid the KO.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom