Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

if golden boy doesn't get GGG VS Canelo done. then GGG people should be on the phone trying to fight jacobs then. 

So has Mikey Garcia signed or on the verge of joining TMT? Noticed him and Robert sitting ringside with Floyd Friday night. I'd love to see him potentially fight the winner of Crawford Postol.

Arum doesnt want to have anything to do with mikey anymore, and im sure the feelings mutual.

Sidenote, just re-watched garcia-Herrera. All i could do is smh at the decision.

Canelita-GGG Update

Negotiations are ongoing between the camps of WBC middleweight champion Canelo Alvarez and WBA/IBF/WBC interim champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin. Fightnews.com[emoji]174[/emoji] has learned that one of the proposals being discussed is that both fighters agree to have at least two or three interim fights each before they clash. If both sides agree to it, Canelo’s next foe could be either David Lemieux or Curtis Stevens. GGG could face Daniel Jacobs. The reasoning for the additional time is to let the fight marinate and become bigger and bigger so the fighters (Canelo and GGG) can make the most money when they finally do meet. Stay tuned…

Sounds like garbage to me.

hqdefault.jpg

Cant belive they really doin this. But why am i not suprised that canelo is gona fight ppl that ggg already ktfo. De la hoya actin like a ho now. Canelo too. I called it a while ago that this would happen. Idk tho guess we will see whats good at the end of the month.

Bruh if he fights Curtis Stevens NOW I'll be heated!

I knew Lemieux was going to be in consideration after his win, but FIGHTING CURTIS STEVENS IN 2016 :smh: :smh:

I like Stevens and Lemieux but the obvious choice is to have GGG Canelo @ Jerry's World in September. By marinate, they mean hopefully Jacobs, Saunders, etc can defeat him and they can avoid the fight all together. I'd take Canelo over Stevens but I'm not so sure he can defeat Lemieux. I'd take Lemieux as the slight favorite in that one.

If Rosado fights and beats JCC Jr., I could see him being a player for Canelo as well. Another former GGG opponent.

^I def wouldn't mind a Rosado/Canelo fight either. Rosado is a tough dude, could possibly give Canelo fits with his mobility as well. If Canelo does take a tune up I'd like to see Rosado or Lemieux.

Man canelo will tear rosados face up you know that boys face cant hold up

Lemieux has a better jab then canelo and a hell of a chin.

Last edited:
^No doubt but Rosado took a BEATING against Golovkin and never hit the canvas. Gabe had some good shots/exchanges with Lemieux as well. I'd imagine GB would want to test the waters first with Rosado or Stevens first and then on to Lemieux.

This is could easily be Juanma vs Gamboa if Canelo fights legit 160 lb dudes like lemieux or Jacobs.

But this just sounds like golden boy stalling for time

Canelo hasn't fought any middleweights yet. Don't blame him for wanting to fight someone like Stevens first. Can't jump from Amir Kahn (someone with no power at welterweight) to GGG. Even Lemeiux is no joke as a first fight at middleweight.

He should've done the middleweight tune up last fight instead of fighting a welterweight smh.

Canelo hasn't fought any middleweights yet. Don't blame him for wanting to fight someone like Stevens first. Can't jump from Amir Kahn (someone with no power at welterweight) to GGG. Even Lemeiux is no joke as a first fight at middleweight.

He should've done the middleweight tune up last fight instead of fighting a welterweight smh.
If Canelo says he needs this fight before GGG it's an admission that he has only been parading around as a middleweight and his reign as champ is a traveshamockery.

If Canelo says he needs this fight before GGG it's an admission that he has only been parading around as a middleweight and his reign as champ is a traveshamockery.
but we already knew that. they just need to lockdown the fight at jerry world cause i'm almost positive I could afford at least one of the 100k seats in that stadium and a plane ticket.

Just read the update on fightnews that Bobby Layne Bobby Layne on my break at work. Tough to say what is true nowadays considering Canelo was talking big and De La Hoya said all the nonsense about serving a fight when it is medium rare instead of well done.

but we already knew that. they just need to lockdown the fight at jerry world cause i'm almost positive I could afford at least one of the 100k seats in that stadium and a plane ticket.
Oh I know, we knew that already. But GBP and Canelo have never admitted to it. All that "A-side" talk was a bunch of horse ****.

Back
Top Bottom