OFFICIAL 2016 @HEAT PLAYOFF THREAD

I've always been one to defend Spoelstra, but if we lose this series he takes the vast majority of the blame. This team is far more talented and experienced than the Hornets without question, FAR MORE. There's no way you lose 3 games in a row to a mediocre team and not figure something out. He's been doing the same **** every game just hoping the sheer talent of this team wins him the game. If he continues to do it for 4 losses, I'll be left speechless. How do you come out of the timeout for that last possession and ultimately just have an iso for Wade? Not to mention he had absolutely nowhere to go, fumbled it, then he hot potatoes it to Joe who almost turned it over. Unbelievable.

IMO, we should be winning by 5-10 points easily; these games shouldn't even be coming down to the last second. Look at Stevens and Stotts and what they have at their disposal and how much noise they've made. Not to say the Hornets are garbage because they're not (as we can see in this series), but very few people saw this coming. Let's go Heat!

Last edited:
I'm sorry, if we lose game 6, Spolstra has got to get fired immediately!!!

He draws up absolutely no plays. That 4th quarter was all improvised, matter of fact, we have absolutely no gameplan at all this whole series. This team isn't that bad to lose 4 games in a row to the Hornets and Spo has got us on the brink of being ousted in the 1st round :smh:

Also, like I've been saying all season since game 6, Dragic and McRoberts are trash!!! With the money they're both getting, you can pay for about 10 Mario Chalmers and Michael Beasleys and get better production out of both of them. And why does coach Spo never utilize the bench (i.e. Green should be splitting minutes with Winslow)?

I'll go in even more in the offseason. This team has got me heated (no pun) right now!

I understand mcbob has been absolutely garbage but dragic has not been trash. Especially during the second half of the season he turned it up.

I understand mcbob has been absolutely garbage but dragic has not been trash. Especially during the second half of the season he turned it up.

I'll give you that. It's my frustration talking.

But my issue with Dragic is, for a guy making $18mil a year who signed a 5 year $90million dollar contract last offseason, you better be playing better then Kemba Walker let alone freaking Jeremy Lin!!

The guy can't even out ball them and they're making pennies compared to Dragics contract especially Lin.

5-15 with 10pts and you can't even contain the other 2 guards on D? Why are we paying him that insane contract for? Chalmers and Norris Coles productivity and output was waaaaay higher then Dragics play. Atleast those two can play defense and hit the occasional much needed 3pointer!!

I'm just saying...

View media item 2011130How do you not call thay a foul?

Had to stop watching for a minute after they gave them the ball back after that...:smh:

Can't say the chances to put it away weren't there though,now to see if this squad has the mettle to win the most important game for the franchise since the Spurs 2 years ago

Can't lie, I'm more than nervous after the last 3 games...

Last edited:
i told yall i was never sold on dragic to begin with. dude was completely outclassed tonight in every way. he committed stupid fouls and made dumb plays all night. the one that killed me was when we locked the hornets up for like 20 seconds of the clock. EVERYONE is locking up. this fool dragic is in position to guard the passing lane on kemba, instead he runs almost behind him, kemba cuts since hes now in front of dragic and its the obvious thing to do... and scores. EVERYONE locked up their man... all u had to do was stay where u were. i cant even say he gambled cuz kemba didnt have the ball nor was a pass coming (yet) he literally just took himself out of position for no reason.

and dont get me started on that corner 3 he took where defense was DRAPED over him in a corner. it was his last shot that led to the no-call on wade at the end of the 4th. when i saw him shoot that 3 i screamed. it was the most WTF of moments in the entire game. defense was SO close to dragic that when dragic shot, dudes armpit was in his face.

and yes, we have no strategy, no plays, no nothing. the entire game was whoever brings the ball up drive into traffic, then try kick out to someone when you get stuck. the ENTIRE game. ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHGFOWUIFWEOBUIEFWBUOFEWOBW

Don't know what to say, our offense is way out of sync.

Wade simply can't create his own shot or get to the rim anytime he wants now but still the focal point on offense.

Dragic can't contain neither Lin or Kemba  
mean.gif

To me it's simple. The Heat are not mentally tough enough to win. They have the talent, they have the experience, and they have shown they are capable of being the better team.... they just choke. From top to bottom when the team needs to make a play, they can't do it. They team continually shoot themselves in the foot. Stupid turnovers by Wade. Dragic being useless down the stretch. McBob being useless. Having to rely on rookies to bail them out of tough situations. Whiteside and Joe Johnson disappearing for long stretches.

It's just a big mess and it's hard to watch as this team implode on themselves. Things go wrong and this team begins to panic. Who remembers that Deng play with like 3 minutes left in the game. I think the Heat were up by 4 at the time. He pump fakes at the top of the three point line, gets right to the lane and coughs up the ball for a turnover. The Hornets come down and score. Stuff like that shouldn't happen.

At this point I don't know who to blame. The Heat have players who are afraid of the moment and who can't execute in pressure situations and a coach who equally has shown incompetence on several occasions this series. I have very little faith this team has the mental fortitude to win a game 6 on the road. :smh:

Last edited:
View media item 2011130How do you not call thay a foul?

Although this is clearly a foul, the Heat should never put themselves in a position where they have to rely on the refs to make a call. The refs have been calling the games in favor of the Hornets the whole series. We have to prepare ourselves for the BS three pointers this team will get and foul calls not going our way. I said this right after the first game this series.

It's tough, but the good teams find a way. Just ball out and keep it pushing. No excuses.

No excuses can be made for the lackluster play. We move on to Game 6 and never waver in faith. Championship teams and organizations do not make excuses. As Spottie stated, the best teams always find a way.

No excuses can be made for the lackluster play. We move on to Game 6 and never waver in faith. Championship teams and organizations do not make excuses. As Spottie stated, the best teams always find a way.
Gonna be a bleeder on Friday, for whomever

I could be wrong, but McBob is not as advertised and he shouldn't get any burn tonight with their backs against the wall, against Charlotte. I have said it too many times, but why aren't they going to the damn post. As much as Al Jefferson has been beasting, so could Whiteside. Honestly, so could Stoudemire, he is efficient but they have relegated him to setting screens.

They are packing the paint like crazy. There isn't much to work with.

Whiteside even said he is surprised how they don't get any 3 second DEF violations.

Only way to get that post going is if we start hitting our jumpers to force them out.

Last edited:

Whiteside even said he is surprised how they don't get any 3 second DEF violations.

Only way to get that post going is if we start hitting our jumpers to force them out.
True, I forgot about the non 3 in the key calls.

They're packing the paint and playing their 3 big line-up which is helping them kill us. We were averaging around 120 the first two games and we haven't even scored 90 the last three. We need to play Deng at the 5 more for PnR coverages and probably play Wade 35-40 minutes to make some separation down the stretch. They've took away Whiteside's touches and are going after him hard on the other end, we can't really count on him to win this one for us. This one is going to take everyone staying in front of their man and making their shots

Last edited:

I could be wrong, but McBob is not as advertised and he shouldn't get any burn tonight with their backs against the wall, against Charlotte. I have said it too many times, but why aren't they going to the damn post. As much as Al Jefferson has been beasting, so could Whiteside. Honestly, so could Stoudemire, he is efficient but they have relegated him to setting screens.

They're packing the paint and playing their 3 big line-up which is helping them kill us. We were averaging around 120 the first two games and we haven't even scored 90 the last three. We need to play Deng at the 5 more for PnR coverages and probably play Wade 35-40 minutes to make some separation down the stretch. They've took away Whiteside's touches and are going after him hard on the other end, we can't really count on him to win this one for us. This one is going to take everyone staying in front of their man and making their shots
we cant work in the paint for the reason i said earlier. since our ENTIRE offense is  based on driving and then kicking out, it is literally impossible to free up the paint. everytime they do that drive and kick, the paint becomes a traffic jam. example,

wade drives in to dish out. wades man will inevitably follow him. now the paint is at minimum whiteside, whitesides man, wade, wades man, and god forbid there was already someone on the opposite block. you'd be talking about 6 people in the paint. a drive and kick works when its unexpected. not when its every single play.

it also doesn't help that we have literally NO plays for our big men. if whiteside isn't catching a rebound or getting an inside pass from wade, hes iced out of the offense. amare doesn't even get that much. mcbob is just... lets not even go there. bosh is sorely missed. i mean... our bigs are in a tight spot. and the driving and kicking game has BEEN peeped. if we dont change it up, we're screwed

Last edited:
Too much truth in the thread right now. I'm very interested to see how the Heat will adjust.

At this point, I'm not worried about losing the game. I just want to see consistent effort. No complaining, no feeling sorry for themselves, no crying to the refs. Just ball out and leave everything on the floor. Let the chips fall where they may. If the Heat lose after playing all out I can accept it, but if they get blown out and begin to complain and lose composure I'll be heated.

Expecting Wade to show up. Don't know about the rest of them. I hope the rotation is short and the starters play big minutes. Hopefully TJ can provide something. No more lineups that include Winslow+Mcbob :x. I believe someone stated earlier that it's like playing 3 on 5 offense with those 2. Like stated above, I really want to see some effort, unlike the game 3 performance.

Need a big game from JJ tonight, offense can't rely solely on Wade. 

Let's get it tonight fellas!!! I'm hyped  
nthat.gif

Back
Top Bottom