Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

I seen this last night on IG and thought negative. Can’t believe this happened. We got back trash. I would have rather just bought him out. We got back ****in trash. We are the biggest joke in the league. My soul hurts from this ****. Over and over we embarrass ourselves.

I used to get flamed by Melo fan boys when I said I want him off the team before the season begins but not like THIS. at least dangle him for a half a season. how do u not get one first round pick. scott perry off to the shakiest of starts.

This trade was more about a fresh start for both sides than getting back a top pick/player.
I get that, but that doesn’t excuse getting back absolute trash. With all the talk of the Knicks holding off talking because offers weren’t good enough, you’d think they would have had some sort of standard.

To think that, in a fresh start type of move like this one where you move your Superstar vet in favor in allowing the youth to take over and grow together, how is the best you can do, or the least you’d take back Chicago’s SECOND round pick? It defies logic, but we know logic never applies with this franchise.

You either aim for picks or young talent in return, we got neither. That’s wild, but not really. It is the Knicks.

KP and crew better ball out this year, don’t really care if we win as long as we’re competitive

I get that, but that doesn’t excuse getting back absolute trash. With all the talk of the Knicks holding off talking because offers weren’t good enough, you’d think they would have had some sort of standard.

To think that, in a fresh start type of move like this one where you move your Superstar vet in favor in allowing the youth to take over and grow together, how is the best you can do, or the least you’d take back Chicago’s SECOND round pick? It defies logic, but we know logic never applies with this franchise.

You either aim for picks or young talent in return, we got neither. That’s wild, but not really. It is the Knicks.

The NTC really limited what Perry Mills could do. The contract basically guaranteed us taking back a big deal so it was either Kanter or Anderson. Kanter has 1, maybe 2, years left on his deal compared to Anderson’s 3.

Chicago’s 2nd round pick is basically a late 1st so I’m not too mad about that.

Y'all wouldn't have liked any deal done for Melo most likely, even if it came with a first rounder

The NTC really limited what Perry Mills could do. The contract basically guaranteed us taking back a big deal so it was either Kanter or Anderson. Kanter has 1, maybe 2, years left on his deal compared to Anderson’s 3.

Chicago’s 2nd round pick is basically a late 1st so I’m not too mad about that.
So why not request a late first rounder? Does OKC not own their first round pick in 2018?

It is what it is, it was a move that needed to happen to move forward, but for all the talking they were doing of waiting for the right deal, I find it ironic we take spare parts in return now. I don’t expect any part of that deal to last past the next couple of years.

Back
Top Bottom