Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

DraftExpress nailed it 8 months ago

10B32B0D-7D1F-4542-827C-C36445D20CBD.jpeg

Latest DX mock has us taking Collin Sexton over Miles or Mikal Bridges.

That's a mistake IMO.

Bruh all you had to do was pull up my posts before we drafted Frank....

Frank worries me. He's got the tools to be a very good NBA player, but he can also be a complete bust.

Outside of his good defense/length he seems like a smart player. But he's definitely not a 1, is a pretty inconsistent shooter (wide open looks too), and is not a good finisher at all.

I dont see it. He's too slow, doesnt really create for others, and his handle is average at best. I guess in the triangle you just have to bring the ball up and go to your spot to play the point

I dont want Frank. Completely off that train. Good defender only because of his length, not his speed or athleticism. Lacks both. Inconsistent jump shooter also.

Watched the last 3 games of Frank during his teams finals run. Small sample size but the kids defense is A1. Good 3pt shot, smart player, very team oriented, and always makes the right pass. Also a bad finisher. He's gonna have a lot more opportunities as a Knick than in France. I believe in him to be a full time starter (he's not a PG). When he grows he'll fit that Nicholas Batum mold.

This is when Frank was 17

Won MVP

Give him 2-3 years to put on muscle and get comepletely acclimated to the NBA game and this will be light work for him alongside KP

so frank is a like a girl you gotta put work in for in hope that the end result is worth it but dsjr and fox are thots that buss it open day 1 ?? got it.
I mean, why would you wanna hump and dump as your PG? :lol:

I’m tryna find someone for the long haul

how’s the sizing on the mitchell and ness jerseys ? just peeped they got a LJ and Spree for decent price.
I got an authentic blue Spree one, with the black stripe on it that they rocked during the Finals run season after Red Holzman passed. Love that jersey and it fits well but it runs a little bit small, especially around the shoulders width wise.

Still looking for one highlight reel of Frank... there's nothing with him online... the whole time in Europe he was just a role player....

Why did he even get drafted top 10?

No breakout game , no 360 windmill, no wild no look passes, no half court pull ups...

Not sure who scouting these dudes but they was on that wet look at frank
Every single high end Euro prospect to ever come into the NBA through the Draft was just a role player because the best of the bunch get drafted at 18/19 playing against grown *** men in high level Leagues. That's what makes what Luka Doncic doing so ****ing unbelievable, leading the Spanish ACB in PER, but he is a major anomaly.

But yeah I remember him absolutely tearing up at the Euro U18 Championships against players his own age. He's the youngest player in the NBA playing the most competitive position in the NBA in NYC, I'm not even close to worried about Frank yet. If he comes into next season and he still doesn't look like a legit starter than I'll start to sweat a little, but even then it would still be too early.

I've said it 100x, the people who liked Frank; the GM/scouts of this team and others, fans including myself (wasn't my first choice but I liked him as a prospect for years and was pleased with the pick nonetheless), and others, nobody who liked him as a prospect liked him because they thought he would win ROY. The Knicks didn't pass up on guys like DSJ or Monk or Mitchell because they thought Frank was a better player than them.

The Knicks scouted those players enough to recognize that, and if the Knicks passed up on Frank, he likely would have been scooped up by Dallas at 9. People now want to act like the Knicks were fools for drafting Frank over someone like Donovan Mitchell but the fact is that Mitchell is also 2+ years older than Frank and every mock draft you could find had Frank going higher than Mitchell and if the Knicks passed up on Frank, he still would have been drafted higher.

And I love Donovan Mitchell. I'm a big fan of his and I was before the Draft, and there is no denying how incredible he has been. I'm not necessarily saying Frank will be better long-term because there is a strong likelihood that will not be the case. All I am saying though, is that it's too early to determine something like that because Frank was not drafted to be a better player than Donovan Mitchell. Nobody wanted to draft Frank because they thought he was the best player available, it was his tantalizing long-term potential that made him so highly regarded for years, probably even more so than Porzingis tbh as someone who follows Draft prospects for years.

Consider that when Donovan Mitchell was Frank's age he averaged less than 20 MPG off the bench for Louisville averaging 7 PPG. He would have been soup in the NBA. It's a process. So I think it's just best to wait and see with Frank, hopefully he makes some major strides after this break with the Knicks well out of contention.

Mitchell reminds me a little of Wade’s rookie year in Miami. People forget Wade was a good defender back in the day too.

Has a top trainer ever issue anything other praise before the obvious is apparent? We gonna draft another lottery project next year BPA be dammned :lol:

Back
Top Bottom