OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
NSFW: It’s Meltdown Time! Week Three
Week three features your weekly portion of college football sadness and pain Please consume responsibly.

494075166.0.jpg

Boy oh boy do I have a treat for y’all! I put in some calls to my friends at the church of college football sadness and they served up an absolute treat this week. I had to sift through a lot of garbage, but can you believe that people say outrageous things on the internet? It’s wild!

The SEC and ACC started up conference play this week, while the other three Power 5 conferences finished up their non-conference schedules, some in excruciating fashion. There was so much anger and sadness this week it was like I was at a political rally for (insert name of political candidate here).

Let’s start with the latest of these games because I, like college football, enjoy thrashing the rules to which you cling so desperately. The Texas Longhorns traveled out to Berkeley to lose to Cal in excruciating fashion, continuing the tradition they started last season.

Our journey then takes us to South Bend where the Irish were run over by the disrespect train manned by Michigan State. We then travel to Louisville to catch up with an ESPN Gameday massacre of the Noles at the hands of Lamar Jackson.

We finish up this week with a pair of SEC games. Auburn hosted the Aggies and slowly descended to madness as the game progress. The journey ends in Oxford Mississippi with the Rebels losing to the Tide in a game that will make cardiologists in both states exceedingly wealthy.

As always language = bad. Tell my mom I don’t have to put a dollar in the swear jar if I’m quoting people from the internet. Enjoy the Meltdown.

Sad%20Ben%20Townsend.gif

Angry%20Brian%20Kelly%20still.jpg

http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2016/9/...miss-texas-longhorns-fsu-seminoles-notre-dame

Are Jamel Cook and Pie Young looking to get out of SC too?

where did you hear this from?

Not from a message board, but from someone who knows Cook personally and isn't affiliated with Miami. Sounds like he's looking to transfer to Miami.

Nah. The Cook, Pie, and Chuma rumors started on Reddit because Chuma deleted his whole twitter and followed Kirby and Harbaugh. It was a UCLA fan that started it and sky is falling SC fans that ran with it then it went viral.

Pie and Cook were both at practice yesterday and Pie said he loves LA. Are they facing pressure from people back home to transfer? I don't doubt it.

Did they ask the coaches for a release? No.

Last edited:

Are Jamel Cook and Pie Young looking to get out of SC too?
where did you hear this from?
Not from a message board, but from someone who knows Cook personally and isn't affiliated with Miami. Sounds like he's looking to transfer to Miami.

Nah. The Cook, Pie, and Chuma rumors started on Reddit because Chuma deleted his whole twitter and followed Kirby and Harbaugh. It was a UCLA fan that started it and sky is falling SC fans that ran with it then it went viral.

Pie and Cook were both at practice yesterday and Pie said he loves LA. Are they facing pressure from people back home to transfer? I don't doubt it.

Did they ask the coaches for a release? No.
Cook is telling people back home that he wants to transfer. I just asked about Pie because they went out there together. I'm not doubting what they're saying to the media or whatever, just telling you what Cook flat out told someone. 

Shrug. Maybe. Wouldn't shock me. Pie's the only one that was asked and said he loves LA. EJ loved LA too though.

Last edited:
@DaComeUP  texted with a friend. He says players were saying these are just rumors and no one's asked for a release.

EJ's pending transfer has been a rumor on the pay site for a while (they don't let subscribers copy paste) but I'm seeing on the attached forum someone claiming Jamel has been telling people he's unhappy with playing time and wants out. That post also lists 5 names though - basically every non west coast player, including Pie - so it looks like the same unconfirmed rumor that's been out.

[emoji]128064[/emoji]

I will admit whenever I type "my friend" it sounds so cheesy to me. But because I don't want to put people out there I'm shook to say things like "dude who works at ____ and covers LA sports" or "works in administration, is related to a booster and is a team groupie" :lol:

I worked as a journalist at a media company for a bit so I still have some connects from there too that I bother when I want to know about other teams.

Last edited:
Rhiannon Potkey @TennesseeBeat
#Vols DC Bob Shoop called Tennessee's win over Ohio "one the greatest wins I've been a part of" because of the adversity Vols faced.
12:58 PM - 21 Sep 2016

Last edited:

I fully expect Cook to transfer, but surprised it hasn't happened yet. He never really seemed to want to be here from the start.

#Vols DC Bob Shoop called Tennessee's win over Ohio "one the greatest wins I've been a part of" because of the adversity Vols faced.

Good lawd I'll be crushed if we lose to these terry cloth bammas on Saturday.

Man if this actually happens :smh:

How has Baylor/him not been hit with anything?

"In the wake of the Baylor sexual assault scandal, head coach Art Briles was let go by the university.

In recent news, Briles has been trying to publicly repair his image in hopes of getting a coaching job somewhere in the near future, even appearing on ESPN’s College GameDay.

Obviously, it remains to be seen if a university will give Briles an opportunity to coach again.

However, CBS Sports’ Rick Neuheisel made an interesting prediction recently on XM Radio, saying that Briles will end up coaching in the SEC next year at Auburn.

“I have a prediction. Art Briles will be at Auburn next year. Whether as the head coach or the offensive coordinator — Art Briles to Auburn, along with [quarterback] Jarrett Stidham.”

The radio show’s co-host said, “Well, that would fix their offensive woes, wouldn’t it?”

To which Neuheisel responded, “Immediately.”

Stidham transferred from Baylor following Briles’ departure, and he would be a massive addition to the program. He’s visited Auburn this fall.

It’s been well documented that Gus Malzahn and Briles are good friends, and hiring Briles would certainly would have an impact on the offense immediately.

There’s a lot of season left to play, but things aren’t going too well for Auburn. This weekend’s game against LSU could go a long way in defining this season for the Tigers."

All I can think of after that sad statement is this

View media item 2174344
[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]
At anyone taking coach speak serious.
But considering they lost the 1st 3 corners in the depth chart, Both staring Linebackers and the NT it was actually an excellent win for the defense.

Guess there's some plausibility to the rumors EJ Price was told to kick rocks... Also apparently a lot of SEC schools are mad at him for something he was doing during recruiting? [emoji]128176[/emoji]?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom