OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yea, that team still had deep flaws and a tremendous lack of team athleticism at skill positions. It was disappointing to lose that OSU game based upon how the first half went, but on paper and playing them on the road they were expected to win.

The schedule is pretty favorable getting OSU at home this year. Will need to see how this defense looks, especially the line and DBs before having true expectations. Skill position improvement is there athleticism wise. The numbers for the defensive testing look kinda pedestrian. Where are the ridiculous verts and broad jumps?

In the south and at UCONN :lol:

2 years removed from a 5 win season, reached a NY6 bowl, close losses that could have easily gone the other way. Majority of the players that made the team go are the same ones who were on that 5 win team.

Hell of a job by Harbaugh IMO.

I guess that sorta depends on what you allowed yourself to believe was possible/probable

Agreed... Last year they had the talent to go the CFP and he gagged late in the 2 losses... 4 points decided those games, but his inability to manage the clock and the game lost those games... They were a healthy team and he they crapped the bed in the 4th quarters... Thats on him as the HC... He had opportunities to win them and nothing... I LOVE where the team is and his off the field grade is an A+... Just want to see his offenses dictate games more than they have... I know he needs the Jimmies and the Joes but this year will tell a lot on how he can coach guys up... Wouldn't trade him for anybody (sans Belicheck)

Was going to post about that. Seems like the Fromm hype is rising and Eason train crashing already

Is Fromm balling out in practices or something? Or is Eason struggling?

Its the spring so all the newcomers are the GOAT and the Old ones are not as good

But apparently Fromm has been making some noise, I guess as much noise as you can make in 2 months

Last edited:
I don't see Michigan winning any less than 9-10 games TBH, they'll take a small step back but nothing major

Then a 50 point blowout loss their last game of the season :lol: I kid I kid

I don't see Michigan winning any less than 9-10 games TBH, they'll take a small step back but nothing major

Then a 50 point blowout loss their last game of the season
laugh.gif
I kid I kid
I think they will go through some growing pains early (might drop the game to UF if they get Zaire) but I think they'll start to find their groove in time for PSU, Wisconsin, and OSU. 

Wiscky worries me much more than PSU TBH despite the hype.  I still don't see PSU's OL being able to hold up to Michigan's front 4, and winning in Madison probably at night is going to be tough. 

How are your receivers looking?

Last edited:
Lose to UF and what offense?
Yellow Teeth might be able to build something that's at least competent around Zaire, and I could definitely see Callaway going to work on a very young and inexperienced secondary. 

Michigan's probably going to rolling with a TR FR (Thomas) and a SO/RS FR (Long) at the two corner spots in Dallas. 

Last edited:
Yellow Teeth might be able to build something that's at least competent around Zaire, and I could definitely see Callaway going to work on a very young and inexperienced secondary. 

Michigan's probably going to rolling with a TR FR (Thomas) and a SO/RS FR (Long) at the two corner spots in Dallas. 

Ambry over Vert??? Speight gunna have to make a few plays to win that game... Cant see him doing that

I think they will go through some growing pains early (might drop the game to UF if they get Zaire) but I think they'll start to find their groove in time for PSU, Wisconsin, and OSU. 

Wiscky worries me much more than PSU TBH despite the hype.  I still don't see PSU's OL being able to hold up to Michigan's front 4, and winning in Madison probably at night is going to be tough. 

How are your receivers looking?

Latest bit I've read:

"The Third Wiseman chimed in with this report....

"People have high expectations for the Ohio State offense in the wake of the departure of Ed Warinner and the arrival of Kevin Wilson. I went into this offseason expecting wholesale changes and new looks when the Buckeyes hit the field for spring practice...

All that I can say is that anything I was thinking was surpassed in my initial view of the 2017 offense. WOW. New looks, multiple sets, different route combinations, different constraint plays and a completely different feel for what they were trying to accomplish.

Frankly, I couldn't believe how much the offense had changed in such a short period of time. Stunning really.

I think the fans on your message board will be beyond pleased with the final product.

And yes, JT Barrett will be the starting QB......”"

I just hope a new OC is really the answer, in all my years I've watched the buckeyes I have never seen such an putrid offense as the last two years. Hell it was less explosive than tressel ball :lol:

Ambry over Vert??? Speight gunna have to make a few plays to win that game... Cant see him doing that
Yea, I thought Ambry was the better player when they were both at MLK and that seemed to be the consensus around the area. 

I don't think Vert having a year head start in the system is really going to change that. 

If anyone wants to feel old

Between Mario Edwards Jr., Stanford Samuels III, DeCalon Brooks and traitors Cade Weldon, Bradley Jennings Jr., and Devin Bush Jr whom I chose to forget about since they decided not to attend FSU (not serious) I've been feeling old for a while lol. Joking aside, it's amazing that many of their kids made their way to D1 schools. I'm sure there are several more I forgot or whose fathers played when I was too young to remember, like Christian Ponder's dad, David.

On the hardwood, it sucked missing out on other kids of FSU players like Andrew Wiggins, but hopefully Kevin Knox Jr. signs with the 'Noles and joins Michael Polite's kid, Anthony, and Xavier Rathan-Mayes (Tharan Mayes son) and Trent Forrest (Amp Lee's nephew) . 

Speaking of old, nice to see Vince Carter still hooping. We were the same graduating year, but he went to Daytona Beach Mainland, just like the aforementioned Michael Polite and former Pacer and FSU alum, George McCloud. The only time in my 4 years we had an game during the school day and they broadcasted around the high school; he was that big of deal. Especially coming from a football crazed state.

Last edited:

Funny how many Midwestern people associate "UM" with Michigan.  If someone told me they went to UM, I'd assume they were talking about Miami or something. 

"Carolina" should be added to the poll. 

Funny how many Midwestern people associate "UM" with Michigan.  If someone told me they went to UM, I'd assume they were talking about Miami or something. 

"Carolina" should be added to the poll. 

I agree with you, but it's more than likely because I'm originally from Florida. The irony is you're a Michigan fan lol. I just don't hear people abbreviate Michigan. EVER. I hate when people say USC and they're referring to USC-E ... South Carolina should be, well, South Carolina. There's only 1 SC and its in LA.

FROM YOUR REDDIT LINK:

[–]"Miami HurricanesFriedSalmon_  292 points  1 day ago  

As a Miami fan, UM is definitely Michigan.

http://

[–]Michigan WolverinesKelzer66  114 points  1 day ago  

Thank you! I live in Mn and everyone here says "the U" and I always respond "Miami?" or they say "UM" and I get really excited yelling "Go Blue!" back. I'm always wrong."

Last edited:
He's probably from Minnesota and either just went to school here or is a fan of the team.  Most people who are actually from the state just refer to it as "U of M".  I've heard/seen "UMich" a couple times too, but never "UM" from someone who is actually from here. 

South Carolina fans are hilarious with "USC" and "Carolina", as if anyone outside that state thinks of them when mentioning those two abbreviations. 

They actually get angry about it too 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
It's almost as bad as people saying Big Blue for a Michigan too. That Kentucky morons. Seems like they try to combine the Big House with Go Blue

De
It's almost as bad as people saying Big Blue for a Michigan too. That Kentucky morons. Seems like they try to combine the Big House with Go Blue

Thats the one that pisses me off. The irony is that I lived in Carolina and all the people at my job who called umich "Big Blue" were USC alums :x go figure

for the record, everyone in the mitten calls it U of M

As a northeasterner, can confirm everyone I know that went to Michigan refers to it as "U of M" or "U Mich" and that "UM" or "The U" is Miami.

The USC thing bugs me out because I weirdly come across a lot of USC (Los Angeles) and USC (Columbia) alums and more than once I'll be talking to someone at a bar or party about "USC" then name drop Reggie and they're like "whoa whoa whoa, I'm talking bout the U of South Carolina." My response is always why the hell would anyone want to talk to a stranger about South Carolina football?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom