Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

The New York Knicks and Houston Rockets have re-engaged on trade talks involving 10-time All-Star Carmelo Anthony, with the Rockets again canvassing third-team trade partners to construct a deal, league sources told ESPN.

Anthony remains steadfast that he only plans to waive his no-trade clause for the Rockets and refuses to expand his list to include more possible destinations, league sources said.

The Rockets and Knicks had significant progress on a deal with Phil Jackson as president, but that changed with the hiring of new general manager Scott Perry, who has been far more particular about the package he'd want in return for Anthony.

give us 2 first round picks, a 2nd rounder, and the next yao ming on their roster (in addition to ryan anderson) for melo

+ 1 first round & two second rounds picks.

NBA Trade Machine   ESPN (1)latestt.png

Ayy thats plenty of assets we could flip to throw at Cleveland for Kyrie while KEEPING Frank NT (Shrugs)

We'd end up with Harkless, Turner, Ariza, Aminu, Sessions, Quinn, Kuz, Beasly as tradeable assets. All for adding Lee and Thomas in the trade.

We're not getting Ariza. He orchestrated the CP3 to Houston trade doubt they move him.

At this point I'm willing to take Capela straight up as long as Ryan lands somewhere else.

NT looking real amphibious in those drills :pimp:

Always tempted to go to those Christmas day games.

I personally just want to see a starting 5 of Frank, THJR, Melo, KP and Willy on opening night in Hornacek's offense with no remnants of the triangle. If it's a failure, it doesn't matter because Melo will just increase his trade value (because the boy is goin off next year...believe it) and we'll get back even more in a trade for him. OR it could be a wild success. I rather that then trade him before the season for trash/Anderson. That would be unacceptable.

KP makes his Latvian debut tomorrow. No idea what time the game will be EST time though

8 hours difference (GMT (5 hours) + 3 hours)

Latvia game will start at 17:00 GMT+3

I suppose it means 9 am est

EDIT: GMT got me confused af :lol:

I googled Istanbul time now (4:23 am).. So 7 hours difference then

^

My apologizes

That game is on Sept 1

I didn't realize that FIBA EuroBasket 2017 starts on August 31

I thought you were talking about Latvian national basketball team's FIBA EuroBasket 2017 games

An article from last week's Tuesday
Kristaps Porzingis is content, working tirelessly and just fine being a Knick.

So reports Mindaugas Kuzminskas, the Knicks’ 6-foot-9 young forward playing in the European Championship who attended his April exit meeting with ousted Phil Jackson.

Kuzminskas and Lithuania will host Porzingis’ Latvian squad this weekend in an exhibition game. With both countries looking to make cuts before the tournament commences in 3 ¹/₂ weeks, Kuzminskas and Porzingis may sit the game out.

Latvia and Lithuania will stage a rematch Aug. 19 when the two will be on the court, with a chance Knicks coach Jeff Hornacek and new general manager Scott Perry will be in attendance.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/01/one-knick-knows-porzingis-has-made-peace-with-team/

Found it.....

Friendlies:

August 11 - Latvia v Poland 12:30 PM ET
August 19 - Lithuania v Latvia 12:30 PM ET
August 20 - Latvia v Romania 12:30 PM ET
August 24 - Latvia v Czech Republic 12:30 PM ET

Eurobasket 2017 (willy playing too if ya'll wanna peep Spain):

September 1 - Latvia v Serbia 10 AM ET
September 1 - Spain v Montenegro 10 AM ET
September 2 - Latvia v Belgium 7:15 AM ET
September 2 - Spain v Czech Republic 10 AM ET
September 4 - Latvia v Great Britain 7:15 AM ET