Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure if nba or wwe at this point....

this isnt fun...

basically its one team that "knows" what theyre doing but wouldve been a failure if they wouldve lost.

a second team that is a failure because they didnt win and they have lebron

about 5 teams scrambling to be as good as the cavs but a tier under the warriors

a bunch of teams being held hostage by their superstar(s)

and then the last 10 teams or so tanking, only to keep trading picks....

correct if im wrong or missed something 

Porzingis will not be traded

I'd bet my NT Legend status on it
indifferent.gif

so the knicks going to trade the only good thing they ever did since i can understand basketball?

100% srs question

Knicks trade Kristaps for LaMarcus Aldridge! do it Phil.!

Let's make America Great Again

Last edited:
What's Phil got to do to get fired/bought out? Dudes been actively trying to sabotage the team for a good while now :lol:

They probably stopped giving a ****

Last edited:
Anyone with college ball knowledge, wanna fill this out?

1 - Fultz
Ceiling: 
Floor:

2 - Ball
Ceiling: 
Floor:

3 - J. Tatum
Ceiling: 
Floor:

4 - Josh Jackson
Ceiling: 
Floor:

5 - Daron Fox
Ceiling: 
Floor:

6 - J. Isaac
Ceiling: 
Floor:

7 - Markkanen
Ceiling: 
Floor:

8 - M. Monk
Ceiling: 
Floor:

9 - D. Smith
Ceiling: 
Floor:

10 - 
Ceiling: 
Floor:

I've had this in the draft thread a few weeks back - this s just my opinion, and most likely basically means if he falls in between.

Fultz:
Best: Brandon Roy - same skillset, IQ, size and style. If he reaches that potential, the NBA world will be happy as Roy's early retirement was felt throughout the league.
Worst: Honestly, this guy's floor is higher than most of this year's ceilings. I am going to say OKC, 6th man James Harden.
Most likely: being in between James Harden and Roy is enough. I looked at the Ringer and I agree with Hibachi glasses.gif

Ball:
Best: JKidd-ish: People were calling out Kidd that he has no jumper, but he is top 3 (I think) in three points made. It's the mid range that was killing him. The change of pace and ability to control the game is something beautiful to see
Worst: Shaun Livingston with a Jumper (I took this one off the ringer and I agree with them here) except without a post up move
Most likely: Honestly, he will be his own type of player.

Jackson:
Best: Terminator: he has the two way potential, the motor and the IQ to be that. It's whether or not he can put it all together.
Worst Case: Aaron Gordon: this will be bust status but that's his floor, a decent rotational player in a loosing team
Most likely: Iguadala: A lockdown defender, a secondary playmaker, and a dangerous cutter

Monk:
Best Case: Richard Hamilton: Moves without the ball, he's a runner, deadeye shooter, same playing style, he can play defence is he wants to
Worst Case: Lou Williams: 6th man chucking type
Most likely: Jamal Crawford without the And 1 handles

Fox:
Best: John Wall - two way playmaker with superspeed and can push the ball
Worst: Elfred Payton - he will have his moments of brilliance but will be limited by his shooting
Most Likely: German Rondo

Isaac:
Best: Otto Max Porter - the ultimate 3 and D player in today's day and age
Worst: Bennet - a tweaner type who can't find his rythem
Most Likely: Marvin Williams - a decent rotational play who took some time to find his niche

Smith
Best: Francis
Worst: Johnny Flynn
Most Likely: Devin Harris - in his prime, he was a solid starter to a team that made the NBA finals.

Last edited:
not sure if nba or wwe at this point....

this isnt fun...

basically its one team that "knows" what theyre doing but wouldve been a failure if they wouldve lost.

a second team that is a failure because they didnt win and they have lebron

about 5 teams scrambling to be as good as the cavs but a tier under the warriors

a bunch of teams being held hostage by their superstar(s)

and then the last 10 teams or so tanking, only to keep trading picks....

correct if im wrong or missed something 

This is something that nobody has really talked about. All of the chatter about them if they had lost. The whole point of them coming together was to win chips. But a lot of times, that first yr just doesnt happen the way its supposed to. But all of the pressure really was on them to win yr 1.They didnt just get it done, they did it in record fashion and became a historically good team. Thats some lightning in a bottle type stuff. It's remarkable imo. They built chemistry so quickly. Two monster scorers in KD & Steph and neither felt diminished. Teams trying to recreate that magic by just adding any random star/superstar to the fold. But will that superstar be down to sacrifice shots if needed for the team? Will they be willing to let other dudes eat? And some nights just play defense? Will they be wiling to make the extra pass when they feel they have the good look? Will they be willing to do all of the little things and be role players when necessary? Or will they be superstars? Jimmy doesnt strike me as the type to be full on team first. And the fact he doesnt get along with anybody. And the fact the only player he wants to play with is kyrie? lmaoooo. come on son.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom